Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Regearing my fa :x

hi miavii

Shadow Titanium
    Alright sweet thanks so much guys so what I'm understanding is weapons wise I want as much amp as I can get, 7/20 topaz orb with a 7% forcy m.amp being a decent combination if I can get one. rings, Cr2's are better but the def/m.att from ros9/10 will help for dungeons/pve and breaking 1k m.att. I'm still not sure about the 7/20 helm because 99% of the fa's I know use 36 dmg helms with amp weps and I don't want my cdi to be too low.

You could go for a 7/40 helm (rate/cdi). But yeah you use 36 helms
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf View Post
    Alright sweet thanks so much guys so what I'm understanding is weapons wise I want as much amp as I can get, 7/20 topaz orb with a 7% forcy m.amp being a decent combination if I can get one. rings, Cr2's are better but the def/m.att from ros9/10 will help for dungeons/pve and breaking 1k m.att. I'm still not sure about the 7/20 helm because 99% of the fa's I know use 36 dmg helms with amp weps and I don't want my cdi to be too low.
    The reason 99% of them use 36 damage is because 7/20 wasn't available until recently.

Breaking 1k m.atk isn't like a point where you'll notice a big damage increase, it's just something people like to see.
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf View Post
    I'm still not sure about the 7/20 helm because 99% of the fa's I know use 36 dmg helms with amp weps and I don't want my cdi to be too low.
    Never go 7/20 helm. >.<
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMiaYoe View Post
    Never go 7/20 helm. >.<
    Bad advice. Do some testing.
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Shadow Titanium
    Yeah but if you're using amp weapons you don't want to cut out cdi completely, getting a 36 or a 7/40 helm rather then a 7/20 will give you at least 16 more cdi, that you're losing if you're going 2 7% forcy amp weapons, which is what I'm hearing to do, I was talking to a fa friend in game earlier and he was telling me to go one amp and 1 20 cdi forcy, so I may have to do some testing of my own and figure out what's the best combination for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chainlock View Post
    Bad advice. Do some testing.
    amp damage really varies because of defense. I've done tested on 1100 m atk, 100 cd 54 amp VS 1100 m atk 110 cd and 47 amp, against 750-800 def target and it was actually very equal. Amp starts to shine beating 10% cdi, when target is at 900 def (which is fairly common) but does less average damage than 20% dmg forcium orb (which would be 1100 m atk, 120 cd, and 47 amp)

Awhile back someone says 7 amp is about =15 cdi, which I agree with, it goes around there with 900-1k defense.

in this case, 15+20 is about 35% dmg which is equal, but Miavii is right, because most of those type of helm are binding.. and cannot be sold, which I think is waste of money. on the other hand, a +9 battle helm 36% dmg is 200-250m?

Anyhow the whole point is that amp and cd are so situational, I do have friends using 14% amp helm or having amp orb switched while in bm2, but this isn't something i'll do.
    Last edited by SilvusX; 07-13-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    So using 36 helm, and either a 2 slot forcy orb/1 m.amp or 36 helm 2 m.amp would be close but average dmg, using the 1 2 slot and 1 amp would be better for a bit higher dmg? And then 2-3 cr2's?

At the moment my fa is in a bunch of crap gear I mostly got off of friends for cheap, and my stats are

887 m.att
    670 def
    50 cri
    107 dmg
    39 amp

Level 138, I know my gear needs a lot of improvement, not even using a pc helm/boots/gloves at the moment. Once it's geared and leveled more I'm hoping for

1000+ m.att
    750 def
    50 cri
    120 cdi
    55 amp

As a guideline, this sound about right? I won't be able to afford forcy amp so I know that my def will be lower but m.att a bit higher because I don't need to stat for forcy. Anything to add/fix/change about my guideline goal stats?

Banned
    I'm gonna tell you straight up, in most situations, 20% dmg orb is stronger than 7% amp orb. I'm sure this is also the reason why 2 slot orb has always been more expensive than 7 amp orb. (not just because of quantity). Sometimes during 2009, I've seen 2 slot forcium orbs PLAIN for 2-3 billions, while amp orbs are 600-700m PLAIN. To this date, 2 slot is still more expensive than amp orb.

Most people say that bm2 w/ aos, 7 amp is stronger than 20 cdi. But with my test at 1.1k m atk with aos turned on against an opponent at 900 defense, their average damage was actually fairly equal. I'm sure 7 amp would beat 20 dmg when defense is higher than that, but even then, it'd be few measly damage.

Since you are lvl 138, most people around your lvl dont even have over 750-800 defense, and if you fighting against wi or fa, they'd have even lower. Crit will most definitely out damage amp in this situation.

as for orb choices, 20% dmg hybrid or duo 20 dmg, or duo amp, just get whatever you feel like getting. I just personally prefer crit because crit is what wins PVP. you can't just say oh my terra lance non crit is 40 damage more than yours! I'll be more likely to win!!@! Stand up pvp isn't consistent, but something like War, where you need to hit constant, then average damage builds up (but for amp to deal higher average damage than 20%, opponent needs VERY high defense.)

in a way, this sort of applies for PVE. 20% dmg orb owns all non boss or lower dungeons, where amp definitely deals higher average damage to DERK and Pluma.
    Last edited by SilvusX; 07-13-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast