Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen shots from Cabal 2

Screen shots from Cabal 2

Not the best quality but whatever. Looks like ESTSoft is teaming up with this group called CryEngine. I hope, for their sake they have a solid anti hack / anti abuse system over the fancy graphics.

Anyway ~ enjoy.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 07-17-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Would be nice if they were at a resolution of over a thumbnail.

wow the ground texture looks terrible >_<

Quote Originally Posted by forumtwizzler View Post
    Looks like ESTSoft is teaming up with this group called CryEngine.
    CryEngine is the engine the game is being developed on, Crytek is the developers of that engine, As of their involvement in actually developing the game,I doubt they are playing a big part in this, its EST's project, they are just using their engine, just like games use Unreal-engine etc.

Quote Originally Posted by forumtwizzler View Post
    I hope, for their sake they have a solid anti hack / anti abuse system over the fancy graphics
    There will never be a game without "hacks", there is always some broken piece of code, some piece of code that does not function right , something that for what ever reason functions normally, but also behaves in a odd way. And there will always be some sad people, to find and exploit these things. The only think you can hope for is a good hack-protection service, which only stops them from editing the game files in first place.But as hack-protection goes, there will always be a way to bypass/ get around even the best protection. What i think will limit "cheaters" is to IP ban them, why allow the people who are ruining the game the ability to "start over". I dont know that they don't already IP ban, but seeing all the bots comeback daily, i can only assume they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sabu122 View Post
    There will never be a game without "hacks", there is always some broken piece of code, some piece of code that does not function right , something that for what ever reason functions normally, but also behaves in a odd way. And there will always be some sad people, to find and exploit these things. The only think you can hope for is a good hack-protection service, which only stops them from editing the game files in first place.But as hack-protection goes, there will always be a way to bypass/ get around even the best protection. What i think will limit "cheaters" is to IP ban them, why allow the people who are ruining the game the ability to "start over". I dont know that they don't already IP ban, but seeing all the bots comeback daily, i can only assume they don't.
    your logic is fail on multiple levels. When blocking an specific IP, you are banking on the logic of 1 user = 1 ip. In reality there is thousands and thousands of proxies that come up, and go down everyday, its literally impossible to limit someone to one IP and block that IP respectively. Once the user has changed IPs (not just last octet, but whole IP completely through proxy), they are given a "clean" identity. Banning an IP Range i.e 70.177.240.*; you would ban everyone on that network, dis-regarding the last octet. Sure thats not a huge deal considering the chances someone is on that same range, and playing cabal online is pretty slim; however if you were to ban a wider range i.e. 70.177.*.* it could prevent access to each of those ips starting with 70.177 range; and ending in *.*.0-255.0-255.

Its much more effective to ban progress on accounts ect. I think its obvious if they could have "Ip banned" spammers/botters they would have long ago. Because you see them coming back after being blocked, does not mean EST allows them to exist. They exist in almost every single mmo, surely free 2 play ones.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 07-17-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    your logic is fail on multiple levels. When blocking an specific IP, you are banking on the logic of 1 user = 1 ip. In reality there is thousands and thousands of proxies that come up, and go down everyday, its literally impossible to limit someone to one IP and block that IP respectively. Once the user has changed IPs (not just last ocelot, but whole IP completely through proxy), they are given a "clean" identity. Banning an IP Range i.e 70.177.240.*; you would ban everyone on that network, dis-regarding the last ocelot. Sure thats not a huge deal considering the chances someone is on that same range, and playing cabal online is pretty slim; however if you were to ban a wider range i.e. 70.177.*.* it could prevent access to each of those ips starting with 70.177 range; and ending in *.*.0-255.0-255.

Its much more effective to ban progress on accounts ect. I think its obvious if they could have "Ip banned" spammers/botters they would have long ago. Because you see them coming back after being blocked, does not mean EST allows them to exist. They exist in almost every single mmo, surely free 2 play ones.
    I do not run a game, but i assumed, it was like my webpage, even if they do use a proxy, that proxy, shows me their IP, and i can efficiently IP ban them from my website. I don't run a game server, so i would not know what to do to efficiently limit cheats/spammers, i only put forth a idea that works for me when i have to block people. Also , you said my Logic was Fail on many levels, how so? I mean i understand the IP banning issue, you explained that quite well, but that was the last 2 sentences of my post?

1)Thousands of proxies.
    2)ip banning when used with range bans just bans innocent peoples access.
    3)if a program routes and tcp and udp packets through the proxy designated, how do you expect to get their IP? Your getting the pinged proxy servers ip that was assigned to the user by the proxy server, banning that is like banning the number infinity, if someone can proxy their connection, then how does an ip effectively limit them access? The answer is it does not limit access when your putting it into mmo context of abusive users, and the circumvention of IP restriction. Blaming EST for something that pre-dates cabal online completely is foolish, you can look at any mmo and find a instance where exploits were carried out in an attempt to gain an unfair advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    Blaming EST for something that pre-dates cabal online completely is foolish, you can look at any mmo and find a instance where exploits were carried out in an attempt to gain an unfair advantage.
    In no part of my post, did i blame EST soft for anything. And why are you still talking about IP banning, i already admitted, that its what i use for my website, and it works fine, so i offered it as a choice in my post, however you explained the flaws in using that in a game server, which i read understood, and made sure to state i have no experience in game server security. Furthermore, when you said "My Logic Fails on many levels" i assumed you were referring to the Entire Post. Not just the last 2 lines. It may be that im tired and sore, but you come off a real douche-bag , i was posting to help explain some points on how hacking/exploiting will never get completely erased, and you choose to pick the very last 2 sentences of my entire post, to find fault with, and bash it to nothingness , admittedly it was flawed logic, but common man? you cant be on Permanent PMS, show the noobie on forums with 4 posts some compassion.

would it make you feel better if i said you only failed on one level? It was figurative speech, i dont really think there is actually levels in which to designate or categorize your failing in this thread, jus sayin'. Maybe try some ibuprofen and a hot bath? That could help with the tired n sore part, as for other people coming off as douche on cabal forums, thats normal. I wasnt bashing your whole post, just the part about ip restrictions and how EST allows that in which it has no control over.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast