Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: IP blocked

IP blocked

hello everyone, I have a friend from Australia that wants to play cabal, but he cant make an account, so if I make an account for him can he still log in and play without IP blocked. Thanks in advance

My guess would be he got IP blocked in the past when he wasn't supposed to be playing on NA version. He should try sending in a helpdesk (if he can manage to get an account for that) with hi IP address, to see if they could fix it.

static IP = stays the same.

If he had dynamic IP it would change but still stay within specific ranges that the DHCP server specifies for that connection, Also dynamic IPs as offered by most cable companies only change in time intervals when the lease expires, not by resetting of the modem/router; that would take probably few hours or days to occur from a power down. Besides the changing of the IP wouldnt restrict his access, if they un-restricted the entire IP ranges' that are leased to a specific ISP. Most dynamics dont change "every" time you power down n such, and you cant lease an IP out of your ISPs range; so you really only have so many IPs/ranges to work within.. in a non proxy environment that is.

i thought you already have people who can play from australia atm anyway? Just have him send in ticket with ISP and see if they can help his connection problem..
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    Dynamic* whoops, my apologies xD
    Hm, my IP changes right after I reset my modem. I've done it to get unbanned from... various websites many times. I may have to wait a bit before powering it back up though, to give it time for someone else to take that IP.
    yea but what i was hinting at in respect to your connection is, its not an unlimited number of ranges. At most you probably get fixed numbers of different ranges depending on what kind of internet you have and ISP. I dont use DSL but im assuming that might be subject to changing more then say a cable connection. If you can get "un-banned" via resetting modem and letting someone else "take" that ip address, your talking the last octet only changing most likely. I think theres about 3 designated ranges where i can change last octet from 1-255 and the ISP will validate the connection as long as there is noone else on that particular IP using it.
    its called , Dynamic allocation assuming your connection is DHCP connection where everything automatic.

That wouldnt solve a connection restriction though, especially if all the IPs of that ISP in another country are already restricted from connecting given the region. Im not sure with Original poster's friend, but its probably just region issue, Besides when your IP banned, it actually notifys you upon attempted log in with "this IP has been banned". I remember seventhson was going around telling everyone to use hotspotshield and eventually the whole server got blocked so now when you have that vpn on and try to connect to cabal, it says the ip has been banned message.

edit: something i wanted to add real quick, that i think might help you understand what i was saying, most ISPs' Leased IP ranges will be available for lookup on any search engine really, so they can restrict/allow access that way if its a restriction problem with the isps leased ip ranges. (probably likely for a australian isp with a n/a version of cabal)

mmust not type anymore D:
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 07-20-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan