Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Windows 7 ultimate issue thread.

I see some cheating programs in the list....

btw why SpeedFan? O_O
    Rixuel | Returned Lvl 17X Force Blader

Quote Originally Posted by GoughGhan View Post
    I'm doing just fine with Win7Ultimate 64bit, after some trial and error with programs.

I learned the only thing I can have open before I start Cabal is FireFox. Vent will close if I have that open first. Google Chrome seems to be a no no when running Cabal now. Thats when I get that GG error.
    i have windows 7 home premium, so it doesnt work on the home premium and it works with the 64bit >.< well now we know something new

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWrath View Post
    i have windows 7 home premium, so it doesnt work on the home premium and it works with the 64bit >.< well now we know something new
    I have 64bit Home Premium - no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianPat View Post
    what if you open during the gameplay?
    Chrome is still an issue, though vent works just fine after you open when the game is already on.
    Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirion View Post
    I have 64bit Home Premium - no issues.
    how did u do it o.o any hints

Alright. I had a lot of catching up to do. And after reading all the posts there has been a little light shed on the issue. Sadly, nothing that looks like it's going to save the day. I myself used google chrome. But it was always totally off when trying to run cabal. Also, to the guy who came in posting about us having windows 7. We're hoping to get a fix for the issue, anyone coming in just to say "you're screwed' shouldn't even bother posting. If you can't contribute any information or sentiment towards fixing these errors, don't bother posting.

More on topic. It looks like gameguard could use another patch, or update, or something. I can't really think of any reason it shouldn't be running on PC, which handles most everything smoothly. And I imagine some of you with windows 7 ultimate (64bit or 32) are in the same boat. For those of you with these OSes who were forced to tweak things to make it work, can you shed any more detail on what you may, or may not have done to get things moving?

EDIT: Another thing. My graphics card officially supports direct X 11. Though it is 9 compatible. In my dxdiag it says my version of direct X is eleven. This may also have something to do with it. But I can't be sure.
    Last edited by Balegrim; 04-03-2010 at 10:10 AM.

If it's a GG error you're still getting, screenshot your task manager Ctrl-Alt-delete and let us see it. Ooooor you can just end processes that aren't part of the system 1 by one and see if that does the trick. Like I said running a legit copy of Win7 Ultimate 64 bit isn't an issue with Cabal. It's certain programs that are affecting it.
    Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Hey, I just confirm something. For you to launch Cabal on your Windows 7 Ultimate, start Cabal first w/o any browser open. After Cabal start, then launch any internet browser afterward. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, wherever I have a browser-Firefox open, then start Cabal, it won't work and frooze up, so I'm guessing the browser interfere with Game guard. So open your Cabal on it own first, before starting any action.

nvm >.< im not getting an error mine just nothing appears.
    Last edited by DemonWrath; 04-03-2010 at 10:28 AM.

As requested. I have taken a screen shot of the only active programs on my PC when attempting to launch cabal.

And no. EXPLORER there is not talking about the internet. I shut down that process and all icons (including the start bar) disappear from my desktop. : p

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast