Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabal Not Responding.

Thumbs down Cabal Not Responding.

I always run cabal at window mode maximized, sometimes when it does not respond I get the message : Microsoft Windows: This program is nto responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you wish to end process? I click end process and it never closes so i try/ doing so from Task manager and it doesn't work. Even if i close process tree... I never had this problem with windows vista a couple months back is anyone else having this problem? It's highly annoying since i have to restart/ my pc to get cabal running again.

What kind of hardware are you running on?

alien ware m11x r2 1gb nvidia graphic card 4 gb ram

never had it happen to me, im on win7 64bit, if your hardware isnt defective it shouldnt have a problem, its probably a vista issue, try using ctrl alt del and see if you can click Log off, and then log in, see if that kills the process without reboot.

ive googled and there is quite a few references to o/s inability to close hung applications... as from personal experience i cant say, i went from xp to w7...sry :3
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

When i try to log off i goes to black screen after closing all the not responding programs and stays there at which point i have to hold down the power button.

yea thats not normal i dont think i can ever recall that occurring to me personally, i can link u to a page i would try if that was happening to me,

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx

try seeing if that will help close the programs instead of using windows task manager.

you could also check what your computers WaitToKillServiceTimeout is set at in milliseconds under regedit , dont really know what to tell you besides get a new o/s? Does this happen to you with other programs that hang? cuz im seeing quite a bit about it n win vista... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc976045.aspx

lmao doesnt look too good either, bcuz i dont see any official response from vista support forums about it on any of the threads...Kinda ridiculous, i guess they're assuming its not the o/s but the hanging programs themselves or something..
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 07-27-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typo on registry entry value

This happened multiple times with cabal and once with skype, I will be checking the links TYVM

Banned
    i get this all the time except im able to close cabal, i just wait a min or 2 and cabal will load even if its in not responding

Banned
    Cabal doesnt make long distance phone calls.. i tried

Quote Originally Posted by Lann View Post
    i get this all the time except im able to close cabal, i just wait a min or 2 and cabal will load even if its in not responding
    The problem he is explaining seems to be with the operating system itsself, there is alot of vista users posting about it in forum searches; He pm'd me saying the process explorer to delete processes works where the task manager didnt, kinda a odd situation but better then rebooting everytime....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast