Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HP Steal and HP Absorb

With a Rune Hp absorb increse %% or more is more than enough for a character +point also good rune only u need those in gloves magic attack or attack depends on ur char

Actualy i have it:
    gloves with 6% hp absorb
    ring with 5% hp absorb
    1 bracelet with 1% hp absorb and other with 2%hp absorb -> 3% hp absorb
    With it i get 14% hp absorb

Shoes with 20 HP steal
    Vampire pedant 40HP steal
    2 earring with 15 hp steah -> 30 hp steal
    and 12 hp steal from.... i no remember
    With it i get 102 hp steal

i'm lvl 130
    i have around 3.3k of hp
    So i get around 115 of HP per hit??
    check the formula on it
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...IWUxLY0E&hl=es

Is Correct my formula???

Shadow Titanium
    Another thing to consider when using HP absorb items is to understand the amount of damage you do. Basically if you can do high damage with your attacks then you can get by with having lower hp steal% items and just add more Max Hp Steal. The general idea is that you only need enough HP Steal% to reach the max HP you can steal per hit with your lowest damage attack that you use. This will allow you to use equipment slots to equip Max HP Steal Items. You often won't ever need the max HP Steal% you can equip as the Max HP Steal is more important.
    Last edited by Davynelord; 10-11-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IaMaLive View Post
    just wondering: are you wearing st grade armor? curious cuz i thought all wa should have over 5k+hp since update and 887def for 170+ is kinda low.
    i am using osm+7 gear and havent update stats for a while XD

buying lv3 Sword carts and dark disc

Here's a quick guide to vamping:

Check ur 'c', hp absorb (and mp if u care about not using up much mp pots too). That's your 'hp steal % of the total damage' which you may get from hp absorb rune (but you need about 1014 axp to max it at 3%), pet (1% each slot), gloves (2% first slot, then 1% succeeding), or rings (force absorb, life absorb, or extortion).

Now check 'c' again, this time the Hp Absorb Limit up (and mp too, same reason as above). That's your 'Max HP Steal per hit +x' which you may get from, as above, rune, pet, gloves. Additionally, you get 1 for every 10 levels (so at max level 180, you get 18 bonus hp steal per hit), and from vampiric and Drosnin's earrings. However you source this stat (but the best is from earrings, I think) you are bound to get a certain number from 0 to about 100++. Say, a level 180 has 2x Vamp Earrs+7, that's 108 (do the math). You may choose to increase this with any of those sources (rune, pet, gloves, accessories).

And finally, yeah, your damage matters. If you're, say, hitting 2000 for a particular single skill/hit, and you have 'hp steal 2% of the total damage', you will recover 40 hp per skill/hit. If you have 3%, that's just 60. You are not really maximizing your potential 108 recovery per hit. So what you can do is either increase your % and/or damage. But you will only recover 108 (see example above) at most. Now if you are hitting 4k already, at 3%, you are supposed to recover 120 hp. But capped at 108, as you can see, it's useless to have so much % if your absorb limit is set below your potential. You will necessarily have to increase 'Max HP Steal per hit +' so you'd recover fully your 'hp steal % of the damage'.

Shadow Titanium
    hmm...maybe we should make another new guide....not sure if NA ever had a guide for HP Steal....I learned everything I know about it from personal experience and from an EU guide myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    And finally, yeah, your damage matters. If you're, say, hitting 2000 for a particular single skill/hit, and you have 'hp steal 2% of the total damage', you will recover 40 hp per skill/hit. If you have 3%, that's just 60. You are not really maximizing your potential 108 recovery per hit. So what you can do is either increase your % and/or damage. But you will only recover 108 (see example above) at most. Now if you are hitting 4k already, at 3%, you are supposed to recover 120 hp. But capped at 108, as you can see, it's useless to have so much % if your absorb limit is set below your potential. You will necessarily have to increase 'Max HP Steal per hit +' so you'd recover fully your 'hp steal % of the damage'.
    This is the part that I don't understand fully (which it's probably a stupid obvious answer, but I'll ask the question anyway.)

Say a person is lvl100, and has 5% HP drain and +20 hp drain max (for a total of 30 HP drained per hit max.)
    Is the damage that is used in the equation based on each hit in a skill (3 hits of 1000 = 30hp/50hp + 30hp/50hp + 30hp/50hp) or is it based on total damage caused per skill? (in this case the 3 hits of that skill would cause a total of 3000 damage, but only draining a total of 30hp/150hp)

Like I said, kind of silly question but an important one I have yet to find a definitive answer on anywhere.

My explanation above pertains to single hit skill to simplify.

But in your case, for a multiple-hit skill:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky View Post

Say a person is lvl100, and has 5% HP drain and +20 hp drain max (for a total of 30 HP drained per hit max.)

Is the damage that is used in the equation based on each hit in a skill (3 hits of 1000 = 30hp/50hp + 30hp/50hp + 30hp/50hp)
    or
    is it based on total damage caused per skill? (in this case the 3 hits of that skill would cause a total of 3000 damage, but only draining a total of 30hp/150hp)
    yeah, each hit, hence the first.

If you had Max HP Steal per hit +50, you would recover the 150hp at the end of the skill cast (and 3 hits). But for a single-hit skill of 3k dmg, that stat is just a third of what you'd get (what you need is 150).

U can't absorb too much hp , why? because u can absorb 100% from 0 damge u make so only get Rune Absobrs both hp more than enough
    Get in ur gloves,boots,suit,5%amp (min requeried for a regular player) if u get slotted gloves put into attack (M.attack for magic), boots slooted Hp and also suit HP, dont waste ur time with hp absorb or max critical gloves amp and attack simple as that my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Santiles View Post
    slotted gloves put into attack (M.attack for magic)
    well good luck with that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast