Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help. . . . I can't load my cabal launcher. . . . .

I need help. . . . I can't load my cabal launcher. . . . .

could anyone please help me. . . . whenever i try to load my cabal it say's "update.exe downloading then it will just go off. . . cant load my cabal. . . .. Is there anyone who could help me? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfangxd View Post
    could anyone please help me. . . . whenever i try to load my cabal it say's "update.exe downloading then it will just go off. . . cant load my cabal. . . .. Is there anyone who could help me? Thank you!
    stop try to run your 3rd party program sir

The most common reasons for this problem are:
    1: You need to delete the update.1st file in your launcher directory
    2: Your antivirus is playing havoc with it, most commonly seen when you are using Avast or Avira (its one of the two).
    3: You're trying to use 3rd party programs.

I'm not using 3rd person and I don't even know what that is. . . I just finish downloading the full client and installing it. . . .but by the time that I try to open the launcher thats what happens. . . . Should i turn off my anti virus? could anyone teach me how to fix this?

Osmium
    are you playing in the correct region? this is for north america only

I already deleted the update.1st but still the same. . .

I live here in Guam and it still a US territory. . . But I was playing it before and stopped because I need to focus for my review for my Board exam, now i wanna play again but I'm having trouble starting it. . . . Did the Admin change it and now it is for north only? they're also selling go cash here in Guam. . .

I hope any of the GM's would read this and help me in this matter. . . .. Thank you!

The launcher would not be prevented from starting with 3rd party programs(as in cheats as they were implying); shadowfang, you dont have anti virus programs, or any other applications preventing update.exe from executing?

Usually when your launcher cannot communicate properly, it displays the failed to download server information dialog in plain text easy to see, however if your updater is "hanging" or not starting at all, make sure your running on an admin account, with user account control(UAC) turned off, and try giving highest elevation of privileges by rights with the properties->compatibility tab->Check the Run as administrator box.

if you want a more definite answer from an actual GM, try submitting help desk ticket,

http://www.cabal.com/Support/HelpDesk

but its probably worth your while to troubleshoot it yourself.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 08-18-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

send a ticket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast