Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RuoExtraxi versus Desolation: a Venus drama, a special guest appearance by Apocalypse

you forgot me slashyy...your t4 bud...bump for my bud chippo!!! @_@

In Soviet Russia you are happy to have guild! Too many nubs oust the leader!!! Coup d' tat. Give us Desolation we name it back to RuoExtraxi you all go elsewhere if you don't like it. Give guild to Chippo.

The thing is the guild was the most exclusive guild on Venus. More so than Tang. We were posted as the most choosy guild on Venus. Jenn may have huge knockers which blinds people to the fact that she does understand what Ruo was about. 0 policy for alz buying and hacking. And To mega shout recruiting anyone....was absurd and to change name without any voting is also absurd.
    Last edited by amberrayne; 08-24-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: sadf

Nice writing, hope you guys can solve the problems~

-- Indomie enak --

Athian will never be a decent fb. Since beta his fb was weak, and still weak. LOL. That was a good story Chippo, sorry to hear that, sh*tty fb will always be sh*ty, remember that kids.

Osmium
    rhytemz is hot

Quote Originally Posted by Milk View Post
    rhytemz is hot
    cheating on miavii?
    RIP El Shaddoll Construct =(

damnz wtf an essay for a game ? x.x

Pretty Soon, You-Tube, Twitter, Myspace, and Facebook are gonna combine and be called "YOU-TWIT-MY-FACE"!!!

wow just wow. not sure where to even begin honestly.

All I can say is there are 2 sides to every story.

Well for starters. Boston had given up on cabal and was quitting. Getting rid of his character which was the guild leader. NOBODY wanted the position period. So I figured ok I hear some nwa people want a new atmosphere and we enjoy playing with them as we do a lot of ft2 runs with them. So I talked to the main person leaving and offered we use Ruo since it was going to be a level 5 guild. I did talk to as many as I could about the 2 main changes, guild name and new people. That I made sure to mention to everyone. Yes I will agree I may have accomplished it a bit to quickly but without a guild leader and nobody wanting the spot, how is a guild to survive? So the new people joined and yes I did make sure to have a vote on new guild name to stay the same or change. It was a very close vote as desolation name wont by 1 vote. Believe me or not I don't really care at this point but that is the truth. So all was ok for a little while. Old players had a slew of new people to run ft2 with and keep leth and other epic drops within the guild. Instead of devising a rule where person with most runs gets first crack at epics or being in the guild longer put you first in line for such items. Who wants to join a guild that you run the hard dungeons but know your not going to get a return on it any time soon? So I devised let the dice roll handle it. If it was for your class you got to roll on it in the party and the item it replaced would be sold and split among the rest of the party. First drop we got was bof+7 which I won and party was happy for me. I sold my bof+6 and mailed them the alz. Second we got Leth which the co leader won. Third we got a bos+7 which a new member won. Btw that person is still within the guild and has not left. After that we got another leth ring with a new member also won but let me know his loyalty will be to this guild from now on. Now the other part of the epic drop rule is. If you have received an epic you cannot roll for a second one till the other people in the party have at least 1 for your class. Ie blader cannot get another bof+7 if a warrior in the party doesn't even have one. A way of spreading epic drops in the guild so no one person gets everything so if they do leave the guild will not take a dramatic loss. Now also there has been nobody to my knowledge that has gotten an epic drop and left the guild. They are still here in the guild. So i have no idea where this is even coming from saying that we have gotten all these epic items that have left the guild. Both leth rings and bracelets are still in the guild and there have been no other epic drops. Now during this time I did put a lot of effort with a lot of help from a friend to hit 180. During this time I did not hear any of these issues. So I figured all was well. Then all of a sudden certain players did leave. Crucial players. I hold no malice towards any of them as I do think they are a great bunch of guys. Was just hoping they would stick it out and help me make this guild into a family but a bigger one at that and weed out the dead weight. But unfortunately people felt the entire guild was to be put on my shoulders and I am to fail on all of this on my won. Pretty great isn't it?

I think a lot of people can agree that a leader and a co leader cannot be on at all times. So have officers to defuse unruly members is a must. Otherwise guild chat will just be spammed none stop because nobody can stop them by removing them from the guild. Which this did happen before when I was just a member within Ruo. I was promoted for what reason I do not know since I never requested any responsibilities within the guild. I just wanted to play and nothing more. One occasion did arise where 2 players where arguing none stop for over half an hour in guild chat and nobody stopped it so it kept going. All I heard is they have been going at it for so and so time. So yes imo officers are needed for such reasons as to help manage a guild so they can fill in the time gaps that the leader and co leader cannot be on.

Regarding the officers. I had left the previous people in Ruo with there rankings in the guild as I knew they where loyal and trust worthy. Did not make any new members officers till a few weeks in. Now that the other members have left yes the ones left in officer positions are mainly the new people. Which i have told them what I expect of them as officers. No slouching and help me keep order in the guild. If you dont want the responsibility then let me know and I will move you down. No ill will towards anyone.

I do appreciate your help chippo as I do feel you have give me the most constructive criticism as to how to improve things. But when you call the guild garbage that you are in in guild chat. Cannot expect to make a lot of friends in that guild. Never the less I stood up for you and told them not to give you any crap your trying to help me improve the guild and I do appreciate it. So the new changes have been implemented and will be notifying people that they do need to level and make progress. I do not and will not allow someone in this guild expect a free ride. I have worked hard to get the gear I have and expect the same of them. Anyone attempting to coax in this guild will be booted.

No guild can survive without new members joining rather it be a large or small guild. Heck tang being a great example as many of its veteran players quit to where tang name was not seen around as much. They also recruited new members and are alive again. Ruo was at this point. People where leaving faster than we where inviting. We did not have enough to even run a ft2 with full guildies. All I heard is that leth rings kept leaving and going to other guilds. Saw it as pointless. So I knew some of the new people joining would be higher level and the members here would have more members to run with. Great right?

I have spent countless hours talking with people trying to work something out. Lost many hours of sleep and taken on an enormous amount of stress. Nice to know the 1 person wanting to make changes and liven things up for a change gets nothing but crap dumped on him non stop.

Now I was not in any way trying to tarnish the Ruo name. If I was then I would have kept it and let it be soiled. But no I knew a lot was going to change and a lot of things where going to happen so I wanted the memory of Ruo to stay intact and we would all run together under a new banner. Make new changes, new rules, and over all a bigger family. Which only time will help us weed out to where we would become a close group of players helping each other but of a larger number than before. Sure some of the new people do play around in guild chat and joke around about random things. But there is no confirming that it will stay that way for good.

All I know is at first nobody wanted to step up and do anything with the guild, but now that I have they want to come and complain there not happy when they did not want to do anything in the first place. I did like Ruo and the players in it but I felt with the guild leader leaving and giving up on the guild that it was going to fall apart. So I made an effort to keep us together and bring some new people along for the ride. Maybe got a bit over zealous with letting a bunch of new people in but its kept the guild lively. Now time will tell who the dedicated players are that will stick around and make an effort to give Deso the kind of reputation that Ruo had. I in no way claim ruo and deso to be the same as it is now. Because it is not. Its a new guild with a new name. Ruo's name is not tarnished as none of the things that have happened have happened under Ruo name.

So it is what it is. The 1 person willing to try something seems will have to take on this burden.

I hold no malice for anyone that has been involved in any of this and will always state that there a great bunch of people. I hold the utmost respect for them.

I don't claim and have never claimed to be the best or even remotely decent. I don't play this game for anyone's approval and could careless if you think i am total garbage.

Thank you and have a nice day!
    Last edited by Athian; 08-24-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

Osmium
    miavii went w/ neiro... -sigh- heartbroken cow

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast