Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please just fix the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    i'm sorry i can't tell if you're being serious or not.
    oh your right it doesnt come from questing and vendoring, it comes from nowhere.

Lolollololololllollololololololololololollol

I do think that ppl that farm drops for new alz into the market should be rewarded in some way. maybe increase NPC values for items?

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by toibidien View Post
    -Increase drop rate of ALL dungeons by a significant amount.
    I disagree because there are those of us who have dealt with the low drop rate and still managed good gear. Raising the drop rate only screws those of us who have worked hard for what we have.

-add an npc that sells dungeons at a reasonable price to keep the prices regulated
    Simple supply and demand, because a dungeon like Volcanic Citadel drops 3-4 UCH on average per run, it makes sense that the entry items would be 4m~5m. However, I can see adding the "weakened" dungeon entry items to an NPC for a reasonable price.

- increase the drop rate of 1 slot / non slot osmium and redosmium peices (so they can be vendored) by ALOT to give people spending money in the first place.
    I disagree, the drop rate isn't that bad already and we don't need everything being like how "Patren, Patren" was

-OR even add a second version of the free dungeon quest for sods/eods/FT's
    I don't see a need.
    My comments to your suggestion are in bold within the quote. However, I will suggest now that the botters are more in-check that Chaos Lamps are NPCable for 250K again.
    Venus

Red-Osmium
    use cash= rich
    be a normal player = poor

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAlpha View Post
    use cash= rich
    thats not completely true....

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAlpha View Post
    use cash= rich
    You should not complain when it is a free-to-play game...

All the suggestions from the OP won't work due to the fact that the to fix the economy is not as easy as you think.
    EterNity's Diary The only place to get More ET!!
    Starfish Attack!!

Quote Originally Posted by EterNity View Post
    You should not complain when it is a free-to-play game...

All the suggestions from the OP won't work due to the fact that the to fix the economy is not as easy as you think.
    I disagree, balancing the drop quality progression from the VC dungeons on to work like the progression of LiD to VC would be something not entirely complex and would alleviate many fundamentally wrong things with the current system.

SIGMetal
    learn to adapt. map entries too expensive u say? then go and farm for map entries and sell them. who said u had to farm the dungeons itself? its people like ureself that drives the prices up yet u complain. if ure not farming for entries where are they coming from? yeh these entries magically pop up for all of u to run lol

Quote Originally Posted by Incision View Post
    Low drop rate is what keeps most players playing. If everyone had perfect gear overnight, I am not sure as many would play. There is a thin line between items not dropping enough and items dropping too much. I think the drop rates are pretty good, especially on the newer dungeons.
    People don't seem to understand the difference between drop RATE and drop QUALITY, the two are entirely separate. 500x drop rate does nothing to improve the game if the drop quality ratio were set to 99.999% alz and .001% red osmium items. Why?

This common delusion in cabal that drop rate = quality is a misunderstanding that people need to have clarified before they even begin to act like they know what they're talking about. Drop rate is the rate at which items drop and do items do not drop after killing something. A 50% overall drop rate would mean that 50% of the time you kill x monster it drops an item and the other 50% of the time it is air. Once an item does drop it goes through another separate process to determine what it is.

This is the central argument against the reloaded "update" in alz drops. The drop rate for alz increased yes, hurrah? However the drop quality of alz went down which completely negated this as making it any better than before, you must consider both aspects of drop quality and rate.

Note some things in this game already have a 100% drop rate, dungeons chests and map bosses always drop an item regardless. Thus a increased drop rate does nothing to affect this as a source of income for anyone in the game. Things like berderk would still drop the same amounts of rw3's, SEH's and amp suits as before, and you would observe no difference in these areas. These are the primary sources of income for most players and despite common belief, you wouldn't gain any more UCH off SoD, items off berderk, rare items in ft2, etc.

The drop rate for epic gears is quite low, and often in drop rate adjustments they correct the drop quality ratio to adjust to the change. Even if it weren't adjusted the rate is bad enough in this game you would never notice the difference in the amount of forci amp floating around. Consider how much of that was actually dropped legit vs how much of it was found by ft2 hackers. The game seems to have enough end-game gear of that type as is because the hackers saturated the markets by surpassing limitations of the system along with formers GMs, a problem I might add EST nor OGP never truly corrected. Without this interference I would imagine many of you would be crying for proof it was possible for forci correct amp to drop in the current system.
    Last edited by LastHour; 05-03-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incision View Post
    Low drop rate is what keeps most players playing. If everyone had perfect gear overnight, I am not sure as many would play. There is a thin line between items not dropping enough and items dropping too much. I think the drop rates are pretty good, especially on the newer dungeons.
    I'm not saying that it should drop amp more often. I'm saying it should drop trash drops and dungeon entry items alot more often, so we don't have to rely on an expensive dungeon entry item to make some money without farming for hours.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast