Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "What IF Series" # 1 : The Game Masters of Cabal Online.( Yeah i went there)

Post "What IF Series" # 1 : The Game Masters of Cabal Online.( Yeah i went there)

Hello, Cabal Online Community before reading any of this please keep in mind that this is what me ,and a select few of my friends thought up (a little bit of you too). This isn't a raging rant ,or a flaming the "Game Master" thread. It's just a "What if" ,and we all know that we all once in awhile come up with wild idea's for ex. Making new event's, character customazation's,and new item's. To be honest ill be naming thoughts, idea's and crazy master plans all day. Every "What if' series of threads would have this message attached to it. Each thread will have screen shots,maps,npc,and many more in game features and edit spot's that are being mentioned.

--------------

Okay i'm just wondering why aren't the GM's playing this game like actively playing? Didn't they make ,or moderating this game? Some questions pop into my head when coming up with these questions. First, are they're too busy to play the game? Are they're allowed to play the game? When they do log in why aren't their character's godly or like a boss? First off let me say the Game Master's thank you for not giving up on this game, and just plain helpping out if even if it kind of takes awhile. Okay i just want to know why aren't you guys playing the game, because i know if i were a Game Master I would be online every two days out of the week. Doing Nation war, Chaos Area, Player vs Player, and just helpping people do dungeons like Hack code. Why am i asking for such a thing like the game master getting online and playing with players? Well i'm just use to that kind of Game Master treatment. The last Game Masters in the last online game I use to play a while back (which will be not named) use to get on twice a week ,or more. They're either playing with lower levels, or higher level's doing activities with the whole community not just a select few. I know that time zones play a big factor in this, but it's not explained. The Game Masters are giving me a feeling that you guys don't either like us, using us or just don't have the time for playing. (Please if you read this tell me why) You guy's are leaving a feeling that the game will speak for us, and that is a bad just thinking like that. People interaction gives the creators a more in depth feel on how the player's think and feel. Big consumer companies do that all the time with surveys,sweepsteaks, or a alternative product. The players on this game aren't getting that which is sad, and why not add a option where player's can pick events they like the most? Or that pet they would like to buy? Why aren't there more customization to the characters that we make? (etc the list goes on) This game just seems too limited.

I know when getting online on a MMORPG more then one of these things will happen for example.. the game master's playing favorites with a select few of player's that relate to that or all the GM's. Game Master's giving special items to only a select few player's, and letting them win every event. Those are the thing's that would happen if the Game Master were active player's in Cabal, and most likey all of those i just named would happen. Just look how the game is now being played the top guilds in this game are superstars to the player's of this community. Their most likey the favorite candidates to win the favor of the Game master if he or she were to be active players, and why is that? Well all the community talks about is the people who are always winning all the drops, epic gear, winning nation war, being bringer, hackers, the typical troll, and the top guilds. Who likes to talk about who are just plain nobody's (according to them) that's right nobody's. So I guess I'm kinda of answering my own topic on why the Game Master's don't play with us, but the fact of the matter Is i'm not. Yes you are! Okay you might be thinking that, but the fact of the matter Is its true most players brown nosed to get where their are now. Don't give me that crap you got to the top by playing fair (all those players quit because of most of the player's that are "Epic" now) the day's of the fair player is out the window.

But i'm getting off topic but, from all the time that I'm playing this game I always seem to wonder when the Game Master's were going to get online, and play with us. But it seem's like it wont, and will never happen. Its just sad it feels (kinda obvious) that the Game Master's only want one two thing's our money, and for us to shut up and play the game. Could it be that their answering tickets all day? (I hope so). Either or the fact is true from what you and everyone in this community sees, and that this community Is becoming a small group of players that can't get off this game we all come to know as Cabal Online.

But lets just say that If I were to be put in charge of ESTSoft, but keep In mind "What if". If I were a Game master? Okay here's what I would do. I'll be online doing dungeon's that seem impossible to most. Second I would up my stat's it would display as, for every classes weakness my class would exploit it, and lets just say that i'm Warrior everytime my HP drop's my Defense and Attack goes up by the number of critical damage that is being done to me (Via. player vs player). Dungeon's would be a different story my stats would be like a regular players stats that is playing the game fair. Final thought on this would be going to the united states and getting some advertisement in. Lets face it this game is a good game, but what happens to game's that aren't being advertised? They die after awhile ,and people come to know it as that game that once was.

Thanks for reading! Hope you like it and Share some of your in puts.
    Last edited by Immortal Dilemma; 08-28-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Forcium
    GMs playing/ partying with other players is what leads to corruptness within the community. An example would be a GM taking a liking to a player and giving that player what we refer to as "GM gear" - thus causing a huge imbalance in the game. However, a GM held event such as OGP's "Guard the Noob" Event with Kalaydrah is a type of GM/ player interactment that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    GMs playing/ partying with other players is what leads to corruptness within the community. An example would be a GM taking a liking to a player and giving that player what we refer to as "GM gear" - thus causing a huge imbalance in the game. However, a GM held event such as OGP's "Guard the Noob" Event with Kalaydrah is a type of GM/ player interactment that would work.
    I explained that. I know that most OGP events were like that but it seems like this game isn't interactive with the players like most MMORPGs are like.

I love these kinds of thread. However, people won't read it (some will troll) because it's too long to read.

I agree, Immortal.

+ 1
    http://forum.cabal.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7759&dateline=1303871  478

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus007 View Post
    I love these kinds of thread. However, people won't read it (some will troll) because it's too long to read.

I agree, Immortal.

+ 1
    Same here man. Some will just say "Kool story bro" why? Because thats the natural response on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Dilemma View Post
    Same here man. Some will just say "Kool story bro" why? Because thats the natural response on forums.
    + 1

So sad, but so true......
    http://forum.cabal.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7759&dateline=1303871  478

I Just want some passive response like how do you feel on it?

Banned
    this is so true but i learned letting a GM know that by usin megas will get u blocked :/....but everythin u said is true

Banned
    its as if its up to us to make these things happen

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Dilemma View Post
    Hello, Cabal Online Community before reading any of this please keep in mind that this is what me ,and a select few of my friends thought up (a little bit of you too). This isn't a raging rant ,or a flaming the "Game Master" thread. It's just a "What if" ,and we all know that we all once in awhile come up with wild idea's for ex.
    Hypothetical or not, I see this is quite antagonizing to the current GM's: (in alphabetical order) Bear, Clocks, Daisy, Kato, Lorkan, Q, Snow, and maybe one or two more who I can't remember. Remember that most of these people are the newly appointed GM's since ESTSOFT's rescinding of OGPlanet's contract in April of 2010.

We, the players/customers, do get needy once in a while and it is normal to be this way. In my opinion, there still should be a fine line between us and the GM's. This is because as I have gathered from the GM/GA system of OGP days not everyone was satisfied when the players and authority mingled.

Returning to the present, as far as my tickets are concerned, the GM's gave me responses (regardless of the duration of waiting) and they didn't disappoint me. They live up to their name sake, as Game Managers. Sure, some tickets get answered later than others, but I believe they get answered chronologically in the order of sent dates. Patience is a virtue, my fellow players.

Now what I always have been keen about is lessening or eliminating the gap between the seasoned and unseasoned players. My dream CABAL would be in which everyone has similar gear, personalities, goals, and gratitude towards the game's administration. Progressively, my dream has been slowly taking shape, even if it's taking a bit longer than it should be. Episode 4 update, Porta Inferno started to bring more new players (sadly many left as well, but not all of them completely have given up on the game) and after that, we have been getting major content updates almost quarterly. I am thankful of the updates, and I am honored to have been an unofficial translator of two major updates, due to my initiative nature and knowing the native language of the actual CABAL team overseas.

So, before this turns into a GM-flaming thread by trolls, let's be mature and do what is best for us: just enjoying the game with real people with real emotions.
    Last edited by Chippo; 08-28-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: taking shape*

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast