Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 61% rate FA Build - does this sound reasonable ?

61% rate FA Build - does this sound reasonable ?

Long run build :

3% max pet (I have it) , 3% aop6 (eventually), 3% rune, 2% suit (pretty common) = 11% max
    Use 4x cr2/cr3/bos6 , 15/24 helmet, 15/24 topaz, 7/40 orb (I have all this equipment + merg ring)
    No board, use bike +40 m atk ? So 11 + 3 = 14% short of rate.

During AOS / Aura - Basic Concept

In aos replace with a 40% cd (siggy for now) , helmet and 4x cr2 or cr3 ?
    In Aura replace the helmet only.

Nation War

The idea will be in nw to constantly switch between bm2 and bm3. Since adding aura will be too expensive to each bm mode plus the cool down time (?, not sure ) Also 61% rate benefits to go vs people with high honor build in nation war.

PvE

My guild mate Cathy & Sprites points out, this is too much rate. So in PvE use 4x cr2 and the 40% cd helmet.

PvP

Keep the full set to 61% rate

What are your opinions ?

1. Do you think NW this is a good idea ?
    2. Do you think going AOS , Aura and bm2 is useless for topaz and the build is no good ? As Cathy says the 15% rate is ZERO.

But a quadra kill might be 4x cr2 , 40% cd helmet ->
    bm2 + AOS => new bm3 + aura ?

3. The topaz is +15, should I ditch it completely and sub it with a 7/40 helmet and keep the k-board instead of going for bike, which can potentially give 95 def in long run. This is all theoretical, it will take me a while to get the bike and aop6, but doable. Another rumor I hear is new bracelets have max rate. I don't know about drop rates or anything.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 03-05-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by forumtwizzler View Post
    Long run build :

3% max pet (I have it) , 3% aop6 (eventually), 3% rune, 2% suit (pretty common) = 11% max
    Use 4x cr2/cr3/bos6 , 15/24 helmet, 15/24 topaz, 7/40 orb (I have all this equipment + merg ring)
    No board, use bike +40 m atk ? So 11 + 3 = 14% short of rate.
    15 helm
    15 topaz
    7 sig
    11 astral bow

This is 48 rate.

If you're gonna use a bike with no rate, and 4 dmg rings, you will have 48. If you use merg you will have 63 (64 with killian)

While a 3-4 dmg rings set up is viable in normal combo, like i said, you will be handicapped in aura and aos. Aura is 20 rate at 180. Aos is 25 rate. So somehow, you have to lose 45 rate and replace that all with damage. The best way to drop that 45 rate is through rings. You cannot do this by changing orbs because taking off orbs in bm cancels your bm. The only way is to change either your helm or rings.

So the best way is really to use 2 rate rings and replace them with 2 dmg rings in Aura+aos.

Or to use only merg/3 dmg rings + 15/24 helm, and to replace merg with 1 dmg ring and your helm with a 40 dmg in Aura+aos.

But to me it is more sensible to use a killian+rol3 set up because the ring gives 16 rate where helm would give 15 rate. And it is expensive to keep 2 helms; you also lose the hp bonus from your helm when you take it off, essentially the same as taking an extra 300 damage when you change helms, which would matter in some situations.

Here's your set up:

7/40 sig orb | 15/24 topaz | 15/24 helm

crit 2 x 4

totals up to 48 rate/148 dmg (64 rate/136 dmg with killian)

In Aura+aos you gain 45 rate. You take off your helm and killian, and put on 40 dmg helm and crit2, -33 rate/+31 dmg

That totals up to 76 rate/167 dmg (with killian)

Here's a set up that uses a Killian+rol3 and 40 helm/40 orb all of the time instead of 15/24's:

7/40 sig orb | 40 dmg topaz | 40 dmg helm

Killian | rol3 | crit2 | crit2

totals up to 50 rate/153 dmg (57/153 with 7/40 helm)

In Aura+aos you gain 45 rate. You take off your rings and put on more crit2, -32 rate/+30 dmg

That totals up to 63 rate/183 dmg (70/183 with 7/40 helm)

Both builds are similar in normal combo. But the 15/24s handicap you in Aura and Aos; so there is essentially 0 benefit/reason to use 15/24 over a 40 dmg.

Unless you are able to get your max rate beyond 75-ish, 15/24s are not good. If you can only hit about 60-65 max rate, then the Killian+rol build wins hands down.

More rate is good, but for an FA it should only be in the form of rate in slot. Because that requires no sacrifice of dmg. When choosing between a rate or dmg craft, dmg is better.

tl;dr version:

Quote Originally Posted by xDromarx View Post
    Builds that use 4 damage rings are always bad endgame. They are worse than any build using a 7/40 out of aura, and horrible compared to them in aura.
    Last edited by Cathy; 03-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.

It's 53 not 48, base is 5

Application

61-53 = 8
    Replace the helmet to 40 cd s tita during aos = 15

8 + 15 = 23 percent short.

Also the cr3 is 17% cd. In the long run, I would prefer a 4x ros+10 for some defense and lifting the base. The extra 11% rate will also contribute to higher dps because it will crit more.

Nation War

You cannot use aos all the time because of cd. Aura has a cd also (correct ?)
    So a reasonable way to do it is,

bm3 + aos and bm2 + aura, independently.

and also because of hr (crit resist), the 61% rate for cd type build can prove useful.

Boss Kill / Dungeons

Example, Quadra. bm3 aos then bm2 aura, since bm3 is more powerful go bm3 first
    Unless you can bm3 + aura + aos and kill quadra, I doubt it.

End gear : bike +95 def, 4x ros+10 64 def, For example I want to have your osm / tg build of 834 def. Add ~ 160 def its close to 1k def.

If you use 3x ros10, 1 ros 10 and bike = 110 def short.
    ---------------------

Sounds reasonable ? Is this calculation correct ?

EDIT : And as a bonus because i have fat fingers, clicking on a helmet to switch is easier than switching a ring :]
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 03-05-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Osmium
    For a pure damage build after the next update you should aim for something like this:
    • For accessories: Aop6, Killian ring, Rol 3, Tyrant ring, Cr3, bos7s
    • 3+ Max rate pet with some additional cdi would be ideal
    • 7/40 helm
    • 7/40 sig orb
    • the best pure dmg orb you can get (ie. 7/28 forcium orb)
    • full sig amp, max rate in gloves and/or suit, extended boots
    • Could go kred but damage bike would be more dps and more def.

This is essentially the best fa build you can possibly have after the next update, and here is why:
    • Full sig is for the extra max rate, the extra stats, the ease of +15ing, and if amp scrolls are at all common, the ease of getting more amp because highest amp scrolls will be very uncommon.
    • With killian and rol3 you can have 63 rate w/o kred. This leaves you with the opportunity to switch to a bike (dps or resist) which will greatly increase your survivability. The reliance on 2 rate rings, as previously mentioned, also gives the potential to gain a lot of cdi when you swap out rings for aura and/or aos.
    • Magic will be very high due to +15sig orb, sig stats, strong forcium orb, etc. You will also maintain up to 186+ cdi and 60+ amp (out of aura obv).

Idc about welfare fa builds, don't bring them up.
    ~quit~

sooo many paragraphs @_@

Now RETIRED after 5 years of Cabal Service
    [My Minisha Solo][My No Bar PlumaSolo][Me Soloing MO]
    #1 FA In Venus Wassup?
    Cabal NA : ForceArcher Hall Of Fame

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xDromarx View Post
    For a pure damage build after the next update you should aim for something like this:
    • For accessories: Aop6, Killian ring, Rol 3, Tyrant ring, Cr3, bos7s
    • 3+ Max rate pet with some additional cdi would be ideal
    • 7/40 helm
    • 7/40 sig orb
    • the best pure dmg orb you can get (ie. 7/28 forcium orb)
    • full sig amp, max rate in gloves and/or suit, extended boots
    • Could go kred but damage bike would be more dps and more def.

This is essentially the best fa build you can possibly have after the next update, and here is why:
    • Full sig is for the extra max rate, the extra stats, the ease of +15ing, and if amp scrolls are at all common, the ease of getting more amp because highest amp scrolls will be very uncommon.
    • With killian and rol3 you can have 63 rate w/o kred. This leaves you with the opportunity to switch to a bike (dps or resist) which will greatly increase your survivability. The reliance on 2 rate rings, as previously mentioned, also gives the potential to gain a lot of cdi when you swap out rings for aura and/or aos.
    • Magic will be very high due to +15sig orb, sig stats, strong forcium orb, etc. You will also maintain up to 186+ cdi and 60+ amp (out of aura obv).

Idc about welfare fa builds, don't bring them up.
    I agree :>

I don't agree, lol. He forgot eos8. Lol ... yeah yeah I know. I guess I am going to sell the topaz. I think I got someone with a 40/7 helm, he is asking for 4b and I also have an offer on the topaz for 4b.

However for knowledge, does AOS + Aura + bm2/bm3 in nw / pve together make sense ? Unless it's a fast rota / penna kill ? Killing quadra bm3 aos 7 then bm2 aura would make more sense, no ?
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 03-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by forumtwizzler View Post
    I don't agree, lol. He forgot eos8. Lol ... yeah yeah I know. I guess I am going to sell the topaz. I think I got someone with a 40/7 helm, he is asking for 4b and I also have an offer on the topaz for 4b.

However for knowledge, does AOS + Aura + bm2/bm3 in nw / pve together make sense ? Unless it's a fast rota / penna kill ? Killing quadra bm3 aos 7 then bm2 aura would make more sense, no ?
    for maximum dmg output:

BM3 > Cast Aos at 20 sec > Aura at 1 sec

or

BM3 + Aura + Aos all together / BM2 + Aos > Extend when Aos dies ~ if you have low rate but high max rate

Thanks Cathy & Dromar, I appreciate it. Have been tied with a ton of office work lately. Ummm ... got a 10% m amp shadow tit. glove for around 450m lol ... and it can be extended, I am going to wait to find a max rate slot, someday. Ofcourse I can put 5 m atk ... and it will work close to 11% amp ? (5 on extended right ? ... it's been a while I forgot). I really think it's worth +15ing that glove.

people in mercury has wow money ... I sold a lvl 10 pet for around 500m. had like 2 s atk, and 1 s amp, 2% hp absorb, 1 hp slot. I cant see anything special about that it's worth like that. For now I think I am going to try find some forcium m amp 4% suit , boot first level up then try to pve dungeon a bit till I get rich.

I dont have wow money >.>
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast