Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome our new Game Masters!

Welcome new [GM]. I'm not sure if your addition to the staff is because others have left due to real world related stuff, or what not, but how many active [GM] are there now?

As you are answering tickets from the help desk and whatnot, I suggest you also create an event for the upcoming September 11th Memorial Day, and preferably not a letter collection event. It's more fun to have unique items for events so you can collect and keep them for memory sakes like alot of the old events we had with OGPlanet.

I'd offer to assist you guys with stuff, but I've asked and typically regular users are not allowed. I was recently made an admin for the Cabal Wiki site, so it will become a much better source of info for new players (and older players) and if you do need some sort of help for something minor I'd love to help. I am currently in the works of figuring out how FB's BM1 is calculated for the various calculators out there for the players to use, but it's of course difficult because it requires a large pool of data to collect that will take me thousands of SP to figure out (4 cannons * 20 levels = 80 bars of SP at the minimum).

One thing before I finish this post is that I'd like to point towards the Stickied post under the Suggestion section. It almost moved forward, but I do not beleive the [GM] working at the time had the knowledge or capability to make it happen. But it would very fun and almost an addition to the game in essence. I want to stress the guild rankings also in particular. Guild involvement isn't always good in the game like it should be. Rankings would create a new sense of competition for the community and just about everyone that posted on that thread agreed.

The last thing I'd like to point at is updates. I watch EU's forums here and there and their [GM] try to give them a heads up on the info behind upcoming updates. Right now we rely on players to translate the Korean website and link them here for everyone, but honestly that's not how it should be run. You guys are the Game Masters, it should be a task under your belt. I know 4 people can't make a huge difference in short time for a couple thousand players in terms of the forums and tickets, but I know you guys will do fine. I only ask that you don't quit on us. If I'm correct, NA/ Global Cabal has had the largest number of different [GM] changes of any version internationally. Please don't be one of those [GM] for a few days.
    One of the key points to prevent that is community involvement. Though you have alot of work to do with tickets, patrols for bots/ hackers/ spammers, you have to make time for the players. Even just visiting in game to give buffs out for 10 mins and answer questions for 5-10 mins makes a large difference in how the community responds to you. I recommend making some sort of schedule that you guys can work around for each week

Thanks for deciding to help this large group of players from around the globe! I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you guys in game often (which servers are you all in? Both I presume?)

--- Valdoroth Kai
    (TenelKa in Venus, UnlimitedPanties in Mercury)

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Welcome
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Osmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdoroth View Post
    Welcome new [GM]. I'm not sure if your addition to the staff is because others have left due to real world related stuff, or what not, but how many active [GM] are there now?

As you are answering tickets from the help desk and whatnot, I suggest you also create an event for the upcoming September 11th Memorial Day, and preferably not a letter collection event. It's more fun to have unique items for events so you can collect and keep them for memory sakes like alot of the old events we had with OGPlanet.

I'd offer to assist you guys with stuff, but I've asked and typically regular users are not allowed. I was recently made an admin for the Cabal Wiki site, so it will become a much better source of info for new players (and older players) and if you do need some sort of help for something minor I'd love to help. I am currently in the works of figuring out how FB's BM1 is calculated for the various calculators out there for the players to use, but it's of course difficult because it requires a large pool of data to collect that will take me thousands of SP to figure out (4 cannons * 20 levels = 80 bars of SP at the minimum).

One thing before I finish this post is that I'd like to point towards the Stickied post under the Suggestion section. It almost moved forward, but I do not beleive the [GM] working at the time had the knowledge or capability to make it happen. But it would very fun and almost an addition to the game in essence. I want to stress the guild rankings also in particular. Guild involvement isn't always good in the game like it should be. Rankings would create a new sense of competition for the community and just about everyone that posted on that thread agreed.

The last thing I'd like to point at is updates. I watch EU's forums here and there and their [GM] try to give them a heads up on the info behind upcoming updates. Right now we rely on players to translate the Korean website and link them here for everyone, but honestly that's not how it should be run. You guys are the Game Masters, it should be a task under your belt. I know 4 people can't make a huge difference in short time for a couple thousand players in terms of the forums and tickets, but I know you guys will do fine. I only ask that you don't quit on us. If I'm correct, NA/ Global Cabal has had the largest number of different [GM] changes of any version internationally. Please don't be one of those [GM] for a few days.
    One of the key points to prevent that is community involvement. Though you have alot of work to do with tickets, patrols for bots/ hackers/ spammers, you have to make time for the players. Even just visiting in game to give buffs out for 10 mins and answer questions for 5-10 mins makes a large difference in how the community responds to you. I recommend making some sort of schedule that you guys can work around for each week

Thanks for deciding to help this large group of players from around the globe! I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you guys in game often (which servers are you all in? Both I presume?)

--- Valdoroth Kai
    (TenelKa in Venus, UnlimitedPanties in Mercury)
    geez you guys should hire valdoroth, he's a one man army

Banned
    Straight P.I.M.P.I.N.G!!!! welcome GMs
    keep hackers inc heck :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rs071822 View Post
    Straight P.I.M.P.I.N.G!!!! welcome GMs
    keep hackers inc heck :P
    nub detected...hide yo love ones....@_@

Banned
    wtf does "client-customer relationship" suppose to mean?

isnt that just saying we're talking to ourselves?

welcome to cabal online ^.^

meh. i bet its just the old GMs with new accts pretending to be new ones. I hope you prove me wrong though ^^

Welcome GMs i wish u become much better than the old one (really pissed of them coz they never do any thing we ask and they give crap answers)
    GL and i wish u made the game better than b4......
    Procyan rocks procyan 4 ever
    sorry caps but u r lame
    GM's r all down (Hackers-Blocks 4 no reason-Bots-Spammers-No UseFull Reply from them)
    Good To C U PPL Am Here The Mighty Aborame
    My New Character is Ab4eveR :S

Welcome new GMs! I hope you guys can provide some events for us since we rarely had those anymore (not the sg/sig event where we have to throw mils/bils of money)

-- Indomie enak --

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast