Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Getting Some Attention! (Most likely from the GM's)

Cool Getting Some Attention! (Most likely from the GM's)

Half you aren't going to read this most likely everyone....i don't care you can say that i'm just ranting again, but its true. (don't believe me read on don't give me that its too long stuff)

Okay i noticed that most of us here really want the Game Master's attention, like really bad one way or the other even if it cost us a leg or two (okay captain obvious whats your point?) Here's my point, and its pretty simple Lorkan and Kato are stating that we must be constructive when asking them for something or want something to be explained which ever fits the right foot. Simply saying "its not going to be read or considered if its not constructive " ,but this is what most likely happens The "troll thread or raging rant" seem to gets the community's attention faster then the GM's attention, and I'm sure there's a handful of players that want those type of threads to be made ,so they can either post pictures that aren't relevant to the situation or get the poster mad then eventually getting closed. "Why do some of you do that?" I'm just curious do you guys get the trill from threads that are based around flaming? Even if it doesn't make sense to the thread some of you guys seem to always post on them.

I'm not trying to make enemies on here I'm just stating the facts ,and it seems like most of you guys want to read threads that are not contributing to the game. So i'm just going to say this once , and only once if you want the GM's to consider you as being serious when your in need or so then "quit making it seem like your needy" its annoying seeing posters that make threads stating "Event This Month" when you don't have any ideas that make sense or aren't written well. Heres a tip how about we "stick to the topic more often" and when we want something to be done we write it up with correct spelling, and like the GM's say "done constructively". As always i'm not raging just giving you guys tips, and i doubt anyone would take this seriously. Why don't you guys state the events you want back, then just saying "Me want Ring of Luck + 2 event back from OGPlanet..do it now GM". First of all that makes absolutely no sense, and its a typical request done by any poster on here. How are you expecting to be answered when you give anyone a request like that? I been looking at the "Suggestion Corner" on the forums ,and from decoding for about a 30 minutes (actually sit down and looked at some of these requests, and don't ask me why I was bored and felt like reading something) or so , and I've got to say half of these suggestions could have been done a long time ago if they were written well ,and brought to everyone's attention. Most are sad i'm not going to sit here and lie to you, but it seem's like alot of you do care even the guys that rage,troll or spam about Cabal.

To end this, in the future if and when you guys want the GM's to listen to you do it constructively and not ragingly. I'll give you 100mil in alz that the GM's will pay more attention to your threads more often if you guys do it constructively (well written), then just the typical thing happening to your thread... "closing your thread because of a flame war that contaminated the idea that you thought of". Adding in suggestions on general discussion is a automatic move to the suggestion corner I must've done it once (who haven't done that) forgive me on that. Most likely I wanted a GM's input like most do when they post they're idea's on general discussion, and its a cry for the Gm's to take a look at the suggestions corner once in awhile. Yeah, Yeah its getting to long so i'm done here I'll see what happens next!

See you in Bloody Ice, Cabalians !
    Last edited by Immortal Dilemma; 09-07-2011 at 12:04 AM.

What do I want?

Another level 65,75, 85, and 105 dungeon.
    I would like the dungeon records wiped, as there is no possible way to beat zidgris in 52 seconds. No way in the world. I welcome anybody to post a video of you starting LiD and beating Zidgris in under 1 minute. You can't do it because it isn't possible.
    I want the first boss in AoS1 to not use Warp every 4 seconds. It is annoying as heck, and I am disappointed that they would think it is a legitimate mechanic for him to use that as a first resort.

I'd really like it if they would attract more players to Venus. Their Bring it on Venus event has been going on since like last may, and it still hasn't worked.

I believe that they should attempt to do a better job of keeping us players in the loop about what the timeline is on receiving localized content. This is a marketing thing, not sure it is in their job description, but they could sit down with MMORPG.com or Massively.com and do some Q&A about stuff coming down the pipeline or something.

I want to know if EST is going to do anything with Howling Sword in the NA region, and if/when we can expect news about an NA version of Cabal Online 2.

Most of this stuff is out of their baliwick though, and for all of the admin stuff they do an excellent job. Now if we could just get people to stop buying alz and quit sharing their account information we'd be pretty well set.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromansis View Post
    I want the first boss in AoS1 to not use Warp every 4 seconds. It is annoying as heck, and I am disappointed that they would think it is a legitimate mechanic for him to use that as a first resort.
    Stand right in front of the dungeon entrance (if you are FA/WI keep your curser pointed toward the "town" too) and dash out when you see the "warning" and you won't get warped.

Quote Originally Posted by JallehBeenz View Post
    Stand right in front of the dungeon entrance (if you are FA/WI keep your curser pointed toward the "town" too) and dash out when you see the "warning" and you won't get warped.
    I'm quite aware. But it has like a 2 second cast time and most of my spells have 3-5 second cast time. So it doesn't quite work out that I'm able to dash out most of the time. All in all it is not a rewarding experience and I think they encounter needs to be reexamined.

That is my opinion.

Its also my opinion that bosses should not begin to regenerate health until they have been disengaged for 30 seconds.

And that either honor point rewards or honor rank requirements need to be reexamined.

To be fair though, it would be nice to actually see some GM input in the suggestions forum in general.

Yes, lots of younger people may not type their suggestions properly, but they still are suggestions. While some may take a bit of deciphering, there are plenty of decent suggestions in there such as crafting changes, new item cost changes (Bike coloring kits as a prime example), among others.

The only "recent" thread that has any GM input was a thread that was originally started here in general that was moved and locked by a GM.

So while yes, suggestions should be well worded/thought out, there should also be some signal that things are actually being taken into consideration. Got to give a little to get a little in this case.

Level 8 Basic Crafter
    Level 5 Ring Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedTear View Post
    To be fair though, it would be nice to actually see some GM input in the suggestions forum in general.

Yes, lots of younger people may not type their suggestions properly, but they still are suggestions. While some may take a bit of deciphering, there are plenty of decent suggestions in there such as crafting changes, new item cost changes (Bike coloring kits as a prime example), among others.

The only "recent" thread that has any GM input was a thread that was originally started here in general that was moved and locked by a GM.

So while yes, suggestions should be well worded/thought out, there should also be some signal that things are actually being taken into consideration. Got to give a little to get a little in this case.

This is very true.
    Currently a 15x SP machine, happily.
    Deathblow FTW <3

ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Dilemma View Post
    this is what most likely happens The "troll thread or raging rant" seem to gets the community's attention faster then the GM's attention, and I'm sure there's a handful of players that want those type of threads to be made ,so they can either post pictures that aren't relevant to the situation or get the poster mad then eventually getting closed. "Why do some of you do that?" I'm just curious do you guys get the trill from threads that are based around flaming? Even if it doesn't make sense to the thread some of you guys seem to always post on them.
    Like This?

SWAGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[GM] Kato
    +1! We do read everything on the forums, whether we reply to them or not. When we see a constructive thread, it makes it that much better. We encourage everyone to post what they want to see in the game, whether it be suggestions or just comments, and to do so constructively. This game is built around you, the community, and to make the game better, your input is necessary. We're becoming more active and reaching out to you guys whenever we can.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedTear View Post

As said above, we do read everything on the forums as it's part of our procedure. Each suggestion is taken by us and brought directly to the developers to consider. However, I agree with you in that we need to be more active with our input and with you guys in regards to your suggestions. I'll be sure to bring that up with my supervisor the next meeting and we'll get the ball rolling asap.

Also, I'd like to add that while we can take suggestions, we can't make the changes ourselves or add them to the game immediately if it's considered. We're Game Masters, meaning that we're the link between you guys and the developers. The developers are the ones who have to actually consider the change and then implement it. However, when we as a team see a great suggestion, we really do push for it. We've already gathered many suggestions and we're bombing the developers each and everyday with them so we'll see how it turns out.

I appreciate the input, guys, and I hope to see more of these posts in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Kato View Post
    +1! We do read everything on the forums, whether we reply to them or not. When we see a constructive thread, it makes it that much better. We encourage everyone to post what they want to see in the game, whether it be suggestions or just comments, and to do so constructively. This game is built around you, the community, and to make the game better, your input is necessary. We're becoming more active and reaching out to you guys whenever we can.

As said above, we do read everything on the forums as it's part of our procedure. Each suggestion is taken by us and brought directly to the developers to consider. However, I agree with you in that we need to be more active with our input and with you guys in regards to your suggestions. I'll be sure to bring that up with my supervisor the next meeting and we'll get the ball rolling asap.

Also, I'd like to add that while we can take suggestions, we can't make the changes ourselves or add them to the game immediately if it's considered. We're Game Masters, meaning that we're the link between you guys and the developers. The developers are the ones who have to actually consider the change and then implement it. However, when we as a team see a great suggestion, we really do push for it. We've already gathered many suggestions and we're bombing the developers each and everyday with them so we'll see how it turns out.

I appreciate the input, guys, and I hope to see more of these posts in the future!

Sorry for the late response ,but i do know and feel how you feel. (Thats the reason behind most of my threads) I want more of you guys to do threads like this, and to put it in plain sight like you said Shaded are they're being considered. Kato and Lorkan are really making their presence know on the game, and most of us are really taken a liking to it (i'm really liking it) knowing how its being done is a nice feel as well thanks for the heads up Kato! I'm trying to get more players to visit the forums more often ,and get a feel like the community cares. I think sometimes how can that be done if everyone aren't in the same frame of mind? Well lets just keep trying to keep a minimal count on the spam threads,the begging threads and just the usual "troll" thread.

The suggestions corner is being read, and thats nice to know. Now i will start to add my chemical thoughts on there then here. I hope that everyone don't take this offensive but don't spam up general with bogus suggestion's. What i mean is suggestions that I stated above and what basically Kato just stated " we can't make the changes ourselves or add them to the game immediately if it's considered" As said right! patience is the key and waiting or making more elaboration to what your saying usually results in good outcomes.

I really hope most of you guys take this thread to heart and take the tips that i gave you to when you start your next thread, and i mean it like seriously mean it.

well GM Kato, u better check ur mailbox then. Cuz if it wasn't u, then ur new set of gm's are certainly on a flawed banning spree and barking up a wrong tree here. Aside from being fair, u guys must have impeccable judgment if u want that respect from the community.