Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: share your Videos

Banned

share your Videos

hey i made this post askin ppl to share the best methods they used to make vids ingame

i want to start doing the same so write the links so i can try them out

also link your vids can be silly or crazy dnt matter

I have a post somewhere, but I'll just put it here. I had to learn myself (no tuts or anything) so all I can do is explain what I do.

First off, I use FRAPS with the recorder to a second hard drive (not the one that my games are on) to make for smoother recording. If you don't have 2 hard drives or are unsure, you'll still be able to make decent videos as long as your PC is strong enough.

FRAPS records in RAW avi format which has huge file size. This is another reason I recommend a hard drive specific for game recording. I myself use an old 200 gig SATA 3.0 drive for video.

Now then, depending on the strength of your PC, you may be able to get away with frame rate recording higher than 30. 30 FPS is actually standard for TV programs and movies. Most of my videos go between 60 and 30 fps (depending on what I'm recording). War is generally 30 or places with high traffic/use. And 60 for stuff like Desert Scream running around and nonsense.

Now that that's been explained, I'll just copy the encoding post I made a while back on here.

For the video encoding thing I always use VirtualDub (Free Open Source project) to do a two-pass encode using the Xvid MPEG-4 codec with the 2nd pass target size set to kbps and using an unrestricted profile and 8000 kbps for 1080p great quality youhell videos.

Tutorial on how to do this is here:

http://wiki.digital-digest.com/index..._Pass_Encoding

The only changes from the tutorial and using the newest Vdub is when you're saving your passes instead of going to
    File>Save as AVI
    go to
    File>Queue Batch Operation>Save as AVI
    and when you're ready to start encoding hit F4 and then press start on that dialog box.

My personal 2nd pass settings:

Example vid using FRAPS and doing the V-dub two pass encode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG6FPhyE7pc

Notice how clean the upload is no matter the quality type. And yeah . . . I still stand by that Male Bladers using Dance2 is evil.

Level 8 Basic Crafter
    Level 5 Ring Crafter

Forcium
    I use fraps.
    My YouTube channel is reportscabal

Banned
    kk thx keep posting guyz i wanna see the best of cabals vids

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    I believe XFire also records decent vids without the pay to get full version like fraps. think it can also compress at least into Microsoft RLE 1 format which saves on disk space. Don't need to upload to xfire if you are wanting to upload to say youtube instead, just need to find the raws in the xfire folder and compress with your preferred converter software like Super, Avidemux, Handbrake etc.

http://www.xfire.com/about_video/

Retired
    Account Passed On

Banned
    now to say i want to add music how can that be done

Banned
    turn ur stereo up loud and dance and record it.. botabing botaboom

Banned
    ohh kk

Banned
    i downloaded fraps but i can make 29sec videos only tho nd pressin f9 to start then f9 to end dnt seem to stop the vid...nd y the vids only 29 sec long am i making a mistake?...nd thx snake music went great

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    To go beyond 29s with fraps you have to register it unfortunately, thus why I suggested xfire above.

Adding music to your videos is pretty simple with Avidemux+ (also free btw). Open the vid in Avidemux, then under sound or audio select external track, has to be a wav, mp3, or AC3 file to splice it in. Word of warning though, Avidemux don't like raw avis as it should, reads them well, just reads them flipped, so under filters for video you have to add in the flip video filter, can't do that though with raw copy mode. I'd suggest compressing to x264 which Avidemux lists as MPEG-4 AVC, and convert the audio to AAC (faac), with an mp4 extentsion, youtube won't have much trouble taking that format, suggested HD size for youtube would be 1280x720p, though it will except 1920x1080p.

Retired
    Account Passed On

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast