Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Nation war suggestion

Nation war suggestion

I was thinking there could be a "Builder title".
    This title would award extra defense, and it could either be a permanent title like the kill titles, or it could be a temporary title like the Bringer titles.

The idea is that after a player builds a certain amount of Resurrection and/or Warp towers (as these are the most important and take the longest), they will gain a building title that awards defense.
    It could be awarded after a week (like the bringer titles), or it could be a title that gives a little bit of defense but adds up after building more (like the kill titles).

This way, people have a little more incentive to build, and for people who already build, it would be a reward. I think it would also be very important that the title is awarded to people who build with points, since building with points does not award a personal score.
    Resurrection/Warp towers would count towards the title regardless of built with points or not, but support towers (not portable towers) would count towards the title only if built with points.
    That way, it would (hopefully) be a better assessment of who deserves the title for actually building.

The Lady has Spoken

I like this suggestion because i sometimes feel like i'm building for no reason. Adding in a title for it would be nice to have, and if they do add this they should have one for every 100 times you do it or a farther of building like most titles like a part one to three.

Coco nice idea. it could be like the killing legacy guardian titles. Too bad ur gona be protecting builders more than building them urself since ur fb

Quote Originally Posted by SoulKnight View Post
    Coco nice idea. it could be like the killing legacy guardian titles. Too bad ur gona be protecting builders more than building them urself since ur fb
    Hey I still build if no one else does. :P Though, if this title was actually implemented, I would be more than glad to protect the builders.
    The Lady has Spoken

She does actually build. I'm usually yelled at to protect her, lol. Something a BL isn't really good at if it's 6 on 1. Also, the title would be a good idea since almost no one on Proc likes to build. Bastards are all about violence and kill, kill, kill! Though... I can't really say much about that. >_>
    Last edited by Assimilation; 09-14-2011 at 10:16 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    Building is ok...as long as you foresee two outcomes.
    Build early on successfully and branch out fast; this usually wins the war.
    Build even though when the other side is dominating; this gives time for each player on both sides to get close to 150 points which get you full WEXP (isn't this what wars are all about?).

About the title suggestion...
    make do with Honor Class titles, since Guardian titles won't be coming back any time soon...

It would be fun to keep track of how many towers and such you build like kill titles, dungeon titles, etc. Though Chippo has a point.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

What I'm talking about is having a title specifically for builders so that people have an INCENTIVE to build again. There is no title that specifically grants defense (a good amount of it anyway). Building is something that is lacking in the lower tiers and it eventually translates into all tiers when people in those tiers level.

A few things have put a dent on builders:
    1. Not awarding personal score for building with points
    2. Awarding the same amount of wexp whether you win or lose
    3. Bringer titles
    Some people are more concerned with farming than actually winning because of titles.
    Hence where a building title would come into play. Give a special reward for building, and people will want to "farm" for that too.
    Regardless of farmers, there are still people that care about winning (as is made evident by all the people that switch nations just so they can win).
    Sometimes building is the one factor that determines win or lose, and other times it's just a convenience if you don't want to wait 40 seconds to spawn.

The whole point is that building can add a different dynamic to war than just one side dominating the other and calling the game in 10 minutes. Over the years, building has taken a back seat. People don't want to spend alz on a losing war or lose points on building a tower. That's why, actually making building worth it, win or lose, would help make it a used feature in war again.
    The Lady has Spoken

I really like this ideas because it seems like these days no one ever builds.