Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That makes 4 video cards that Cabal has destroyed.

That makes 4 video cards that Cabal has destroyed.

it boggles my mind how such a graphically mundane game can, and has, destroyed my video cards periodically over the years.
    Now when I say destroyed, that is exactly what I mean. This game has burnt out the GPUs on 4 video cards since I began playing in 2008.

I wouldn't even really have a problem with this, except I'm fairly certain that the culprit isn't the game itself but rather nguard gameprotect and inca gameguard.
    I'd be completely fine with those products causing the problem if they had some sort of efficacy rate of at least 99%, but as it is on Venus, at least half the people I see in any given channel are bots or spammers.

So as an added bonus to gameguard not working, being a keylogger, and doing all sorts of other nifty things... it also wrecks my video cards.

My 9800gtx has been fantastic
    But I do clean it once a month
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

lol, unless you have some proof gameguard caused your cards to go bad, the main culprits would be your hardware, or overclocking issues. Did you overlock your ram? or any of the cards? Is your psu high enough watt to support the power load of the motherboard, ram, all fans lights, and video card? Having 4 burn out in a row caused by "gameguard" would result in a huge increase of threads and topics about it, not just here but in every gameguard game; which there isn't. Its probably incompatibility or some other issue with your hardware.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Or stop buying cheap cards lol
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Did you overlock your ram? or any of the cards? Is your psu high enough watt to support the power load of the motherboard, ram, all fans lights, and video card?
    no, no, and yes.

Having 4 burn out in a row caused by "gameguard" would result in a huge increase of threads and topics about it, not just here but in every gameguard game; which there isn't. Its probably incompatibility or some other issue with your hardware.
    As I said, it was 4 different cards and that was across two different computer systems.
    I should be getting my third computer system since 2002 next monday.
    This is the only game I've EVER had trouble running on my computer, and it isn't that I can't run it on high settings or low settings, its that after a month or two of playing this game my video card will take a big old huge dump and die.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Or stop buying cheap cards lol
    It was top of the line when I bought the darned thing.
    Last edited by Andromansis; 09-17-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromansis View Post
    Yes, yes, and yes.
    So you could assume you overclocked the ram or video cards wrong, which would result in the gpu burning out then?

As I said, it was 4 different cards and that was across two different computer systems.
    I should be getting my third computer system since 2002 next monday.
    This is the only game I've EVER had trouble running on my computer, and it isn't that I can't run it on high settings or low settings, its that after a month or two of playing this game my video card will take a big old huge dump and die.
    Im saying its ALOT less likely to be gameguard, as more people then just you would have experienced it, my advice would be to stop trying to overclock them.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    So you could assume you overclocked the ram or video cards wrong, which would result in the gpu burning out then?

Im saying its ALOT less likely to be gameguard, as more people then just you would have experienced it, my advice would be to stop trying to overclock them.
    My apologies, I meant to say that I did not overclock them.

My apologies, I meant to say that I did not overclock them.
    k, but still would be more then just you experiencing the problem over a wide span of gameguard serviced games..

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    k, but still would be more then just you experiencing the problem over a wide span of gameguard serviced games..
    You know, gameguard has a wide array of options that can be turned off and on. If it is not game guard then it is the game itself.
    My guess is though, that the server admins toggled on a few unnecessary options with gameguard that simply do not play nice with some systems.

But that doesn't change the fact that there are bots on every channel and damage hackers and spammers galore.
    If, by your assertions, gameguard works so well then how do you explain all of those things?

It's the gfx in the game this game is demanding gfxly
    Bots spammers blah blah people make a living making work arounds for it so it's a never ending battle
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast