Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That makes 4 video cards that Cabal has destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromansis View Post
    You know, gameguard has a wide array of options that can be turned off and on. If it is not game guard then it is the game itself.
    My guess is though, that the server admins toggled on a few unnecessary options with gameguard that simply do not play nice with some systems.

But that doesn't change the fact that there are bots on every channel and damage hackers and spammers galore.
    If, by your assertions, gameguard works so well then how do you explain all of those things?
    i dont know what you mean at all by wide array of options the "server admins" can toggle. If your refering to EST i doubt it, gameguard is just a rootkit tool which hooks to all proccesses in your computer, looking for specific threats to gameguards integrity and known exploit applications/proccesses. Ive never heard of gg somehow raising temperature of a GPU and burning it out prematurely. A gpu burning out could be result of incorrect settings in the BIOS which causes the memory/vid cards to be overlocked by default.

Secondly if your case is not well vented or there is not proper air circulation, you can easily burn out a vid card especially in a hot/humid climate. Most have temperature sensors to prevent the card from overheating by forcing black screen shutdown on the computer. If gameguard was burning out your vid card you would see the actual temperature changes with any temp monitoring program. If its not changing much in relation to the gpu load of the game your running, or if its in a safe area you wouldnt have any reason to believe the gg is causing any extra problems then those that already exist.

what your referring to gameguards ineffectiveness in regards to botters, memory exploits ect is irrelevant. they always have existed on all mmos/anti cheats, and will be there in the future, no matter what game or anti cheat its running. as white said the suppliers and sellers exist everywheres, and commit resources to bypassing the detection methods.

The only thing you can do is have an effective GM team actively banning, and keep in check the new exploits for its game; which i think EST does a good job compared to other 3rd party publishers who didnt develop the game their hosting.. prime example of this is trying to attach a debugger to any gameguard protected game, the gameguard will detect that and close the game automatically, simliar to detected exploit programs; however some suppliers pay people to go into the assembley code and reverse engineer the "checks" out. Its not something particular to cabal online at all, its everywheres.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 09-17-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: missing a word or two, o.0
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

There is nothing built into the game to make a video card do this.

GPU's have a built in measure to prevent themselves from burning out. If it is indeed the GPU. when such measure's fail than your card will die.

This means your card was on it's way out already.

Usually the fan(s) will kick in. Cards made within the last few years have fans that spin quite high and you can hear this. This may be what you have heard. this is only specualation of course. i was not there to hear the noise.

One thing you can do is take the card out and inspect it. Is it covered with dust? if so than that is the user's error.

Put it up to your noise. Does it smell like burned electrical parts? If it does than the card is dead. RMA it if you still have a warranty on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Dilemma View Post
    There is nothing built into the game to make a video card do this.

GPU's have a built in measure to prevent themselves from burning out. If it is indeed the GPU. when such measure's fail than your card will die.

This means your card was on it's way out already.

Usually the fan(s) will kick in. Cards made within the last few years have fans that spin quite high and you can hear this. This may be what you have heard. this is only specualation of course. i was not there to hear the noise.

One thing you can do is take the card out and inspect it. Is it covered with dust? if so than that is the user's error.

Put it up to your noise. Does it smell like burned electrical parts? If it does than the card is dead. RMA it if you still have a warranty on it.

The specific component that has burned out on all four is the geometry thread issuer.
    I keep my computer clean of dust in a temperature and humidity controlled environment.
    If you have a scanning probe microscope and are willing to pay for shipping... I'll mail you one of the cards and you can see for yourself.

The only thing you can do is have an effective GM team actively banning, and keep in check the new exploits for its game; which i think EST does a good job compared to other 3rd party publishers who didnt develop the game their hosting.. prime example of this is trying to attach a debugger to any gameguard protected game, the gameguard will detect that and close the game automatically, simliar to detected exploit programs; however some suppliers pay people to go into the assembley code and reverse engineer the "checks" out. Its not something particular to cabal online at all, its everywheres.
    Look at your post.
    Now at toibidien's post.
    Now back at yours.
    This thread is now diamonds.

Now, if you were on Venus I'd give you even odds that the bot I reported every day for 1 month is still there just botting away. Hitting a quarter of undead ground with freaking earth lance and lightning lance.

I've killed 1 laptop with this game before but that was because I played all the time during the summer, and my room was very hot even with AC running, so it was kinda expected. It's been 2 yeas since then, no problems.

Look at your post.
    Now at toibidien's post.
    Now back at yours.
    This thread is now diamonds.
    whos toibidien? A nobody. Who cares about racist coffee cup guy, if you want someone to prove your point with valid proof, picking the racist coffee cup guy is probably not the best choice. Im goin to let it slide because i assumed he was referring to you or the immortaldilema guy saying "smell your card, if it smells like burned electrical parts its bad", Lol. Besides he/she/it has never contributed anything worth reading, therefore they can stay on 4chan where the newf*gs belong.

Like i said if your pc fails and is having mad hardware problems, ive listed the numerous possible reasons for that. Insisting its gameguard with nothing more then "uh durr hurr i played gameguard game and now my videohh card is burned out, wut do?" ... Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Now, if you were on Venus I'd give you even odds that the bot I reported every day for 1 month is still there just botting away. Hitting a quarter of undead ground with freaking earth lance and lightning lance.
    well considering the help desk only allows 3 tickets at a time open, and you dont have any 30 threads about 1 user in bad user report forum section, im going to say your exaggerating again like you do with gameguard causing your vid card to go bad, Lol.

facts, and proof help bring creditability to assertions, just sayin'
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

I've never fried any gpu with any game, and I've done some hardcore fps gaming, as well as gpu overclocking. I think that in fact there may be another issue as someone has mentioned. Your power supply may be less adequate than you think. Just because it says 700 watt, it could be less than adequate do to being poorly designed and not actually putting out enough continuous power to sustain your system. It could also be a problem with your case being inadequate in the cooling deparment. Sure, graphics cards have built in safeguards against overheating, but when they run hot continuously do to improper cooling they will burn out faster. Either way, you cannot blame a game like cabal on 4 graphics cards burning up, thats ridiculous. You need to improve your overall cooling most likely.
    Mercury's #1 Breakfast Meat!

I've gotta agree with everyone else as well.

I've run this game on three different systems over four video cards. I built all the systems myself.

System1: 7900GTX 512mb (BFG brand, had since release.), Traded up to 9600GSO 1gb (XFX brand). No burn outs. Usually left game running a week at a time. And when I wasn't running it straight, I was running it daily for a large portion of the day.

System2: 9800GT 1gb (EVGA Brand) overclocked to 750mhz core. System's been up for two years now. Also played Cabal heavily on that system. No burn out.

System3: GTX 460 1GB (EVGA Brand) overclocked to 850mhz core. This is my current system. No issues whatsoever.

Across all systems I've been doing very heavy gaming. All systems are air cooled (will eventually convert System3 to Liquid.) and as I've already stated, no burn outs. So you must be doing something terrible to those cards or are using very low end/low quality cards. Or, as others have mentioned as well poor cooling in your system.

Mind you, this is also not the only game I play that uses GG. So yeah, don't blame gg for your problem. Figure it out and fix it fix it fix it.

Level 8 Basic Crafter
    Level 5 Ring Crafter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12