Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: quick question

quick question

So after you pick a channel to go in and it refuses to load u in game (i.e. the loading bar goes all the way up slowely then says u cant go in and brings u back to log in screen) and it does that everyyyy singlleee timeee, does that mean my connection is really bad or what?

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Uhhhh, you bother looking at the other threads or are you that dang blind?? Top thread of this section right here

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...-Connect-Issue.

Retired
    Account Passed On

now dont be rash i was ina rush so i didnt read any of the threads yet. besides i can get onto the game itself which it seems that page is more intending to. it just when i pick the channel it doesnt let me in, u know like the same effect as if the channel was full but it actually isnt,happens even when theres half capacity

:/, sorry, so many recently that have the fail to connect issue get into auto-pilot mode.

Um that instance you tried a check files, check the integrity of the disc surface, defragged the drive lately?? Could be a bad data file, file on a bad hard drive sector, or a very badly fragmented module. If not, guess we'll work down the list from there of what it could be, but not sounding like connection speed, and to confirm that you can always do a ping and tracert to EST's servers here. Though it could also be a blocked TCP or UDP port that Cabal uses your firewall don't like to much.

Retired
    Account Passed On

Quote Originally Posted by SilverIceForum View Post
    :/, sorry, so many recently that have the fail to connect issue get into auto-pilot mode.

Um that instance you tried a check files, check the integrity of the disc surface, defragged the drive lately?? Could be a bad data file, file on a bad hard drive sector, or a very badly fragmented module. If not, guess we'll work down the list from there of what it could be, but not sounding like connection speed, and to confirm that you can always do a ping and tracert to EST's servers here. Though it could also be a blocked TCP or UDP port that Cabal uses your firewall don't like to much.
    Understandable. and i'll see what i can do, the funny part is it only happens here at the college i am at (in which other cabal players that play at college don't have this problem), but at home cabal works perfectly fine. so it is either my college, i mean i am going wireless right now. i wonder if i should try an ether net cable and see if that works any better

Um, with how wireless works, it's entirely possible time to live on data packets might be being to long if you are setup that way. Each router is unique to itself like every computer, and such, access point/router could have its own quirks. If you are far from it, say 1 or 2 rooms, you could try setting your wireless NIC card to Wireless B instead of G or N, and the router to accept b and g, also N for N Mode routers, if it accepts that config, which it should. Wireless B mode is a little lower on bandwidth but you gain further range over G and N mode.

Retired
    Account Passed On