Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you cant beat 'em~join em~ frustration of the bot infestation

If you cant beat 'em~join em~ frustration of the bot infestation

First off~ in reality the only players that dont seem to mind the bots are those who own one. So, please know any flames you decide to toss at me will simply be deciphered as "ahhh the guilty ones trying to smoke screen..." This is merely my frustration venting to GMs.
    I just arrive back at Cabal a lil over 1 month now after several years. Lots of very nice changes & then some not so nice. The Bots are still here as to be expected, but the sheer numbers of them as average players make em is daunting.
    I cant possibly SS n fill out a report for every single one, nor should i have to take time off the game to come to a forum for hours a week to fill out forms. I am a pay to play consumer n GMS or whomever are the ones who get paid to deal with the bots. Already~ as a player Im trying to compete with the bots for area to farm or do my helper quests. Is quite frustrating as they park in a pit of death soldiers yet hit the death giants allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to the entry by spectors. Seriously~ wouldnt it take less man time to simply have gm login to the known areas a few times each day n take the bots out of commision on the spot, rather than several gms going through tickets n posts? They are easy to spot as they manage to utilize supersonic warp speeds n manage to leap tall mountains in a single bound ^^
    & if a GM is not sure n needs an ss they can take one themself OR better yet take a look in the AH at for example amulets of the guard+7 yah the sellers that have more than 5-15 are OMG wait for it~~~~ the same bots i reported everyday for the last 13 days.... Still~ not enough to draw a conclusion, just take a gander at the dungeon winning times & guess what? Some them same bots are right their shining stars at the top.

Really, i dont mind doing my community share by reporting one or two occassionally, but it is unfair to put players in the position to schedule an hour a week to fill out bot forms on top of having to try n find just ONE server that they are not monopolizing fields of mobs, is sad when even premium channels are now hosting them.

They cannot simply be ignored as it is a lil difficult to get things done when they have glitched or own the whole group of mobs u need/want on every server. Pking them costs me honour points & penatly time. Who is this game for? Players of content or bots?

My stance on it is, if in another 3 weeks of reporting i still see these same bots terrain glitching n other hacks~ I am going to interpret as the GMS condone such "play tactics" et make a few bots myself. I honestly don't know what other conclusion the staff wants me to draw from it all or exactly how much patience we are suppose to have per bot? It doesnt take 1 hour to investigate let alone 15 days per bot if a GM makes some rounds.
    Last edited by JustBecuz; 09-26-2011 at 11:37 AM.

go run some dungeons instead of farm maps.

problem=solved

/endthread

Quote Originally Posted by elite saix View Post
    go run some dungeons instead of farm maps.

problem=solved

/endthread
    lmao yah pay to run dungeons etc et ignore the issue at hand just cuz someone said problem solved... Solved for who? Why the heck should players have to juggle their desires around for bots convenience? (BTW how many bots u have? ;P)

Well stated!!! Many ppl don't complain about the bots because they are lazy...it's easier to farm from the botters than it is to actually do the work themselves. I've heard ppl say "Leave the bots alone, they are the reason that the prices of dungeons are down." Personally, free is much better than cheaper. I like to farm...I don't like to compete with bots for an area. It is to the point that I need to be concerned while I farm that I will be reported...all tho, I'm a lvl 157 wearing a costume toting a pet...and I collect EVERYTHING I drop. I report every bot I see.
    Saturday, I ran into a character in UG on ch 9..he spoke to me asked for some pots...I gave him some...about an hour later he was up in the Lihorn graveyard...one of my fav farming spots. I spoke to him and it took a long time for him to respond. Then, when I spoke to him again, nothing....I noticed the range he was killing for a FS...he was killing the Elder Spector down in the pit, ffs...So, I reported him.
    Saw him this morning on Ch 9...and he was definitely botting.
    I know that on many other MMORPG the GMs are responsible for the bots, to regulate prices, provide gold to gold sellers, etc...Cabal is no different, I'm sure. Not naming names but I was friends with a cat who ran a bot for one of the GMs...
    So, while it is complete and utter BS for players who want to play an honest game...it's just like RL...people cheat.
    It's a game...hacking and botting??? WTF? Really? You are that much of a loser???? Real winners never cheat XD

I <3 bots. get more unknown circuits pl0x

do like many others do farm the drops make 10-30m a night easy

Its funny how people try to sound better online then they are in real life

Quote Originally Posted by darkrage View Post
    do like many others do farm the drops make 10-30m a night easy
    Better drops from them then dung running ATM
    Bike kit I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

bots can help drop dungeon prices, since they farm maps and ppl just go around picking up the entries and either use em or sell them

"May the Blades of Vengeance Rise Above All Foes"
    ChorusGuy lv.171 FB - Retired

Only thing i can say to this is "why isn't there a ban that is permanent for this type of issue, and a ban that prevents that PC to be able to play Cabal Online"? But it seems like that has alot to do with a budget not sure, and its highly likely there's going to be a mass of tickets coming in if a player is botting,(easy way to see who's doing it) and playing the game as well.

LOl it's not that ez to stop them
    I mean look how fast they crack game gaurd after it's updated
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast