Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Creativity behind Guilds : "Just saying most guilds out there aren't Creative"

Immortal, I hardly think the guild names you presented were good examples of your point. Tang Dynasty and Seireitei actually do live up to their names. If their names were not indicative of the type of guilds they are/were then I would understand why their guild names weren't that "creative."
    Ruo Extraxi, like Chippo mentioned, are two Latin words that are apparently based off of an EPIC RPG, so I consider this pretty creative as well. (Btw Chippo, I looked up the meaning of Ruo extraxi and it doesn't mean fallen dragoons. Ruo means ruined or fallen, extraxi means well...extracted lol).

Neither of the guilds you mentioned are ragtag inactive guilds either, so I don't see how they portray any of the other points in your post such as activeness.
    I've seen WAY worse guild names though. When I say worse I mean their names were dumb, written in "1337," or were as uncreative as something like "icup."

I understand what you mean though. I find it ironic when a guild is called something like "Holy Knights" and all they do is cause drama and Pk. However, consider how easy it is to form a guild, and then consider the type of people that play the game (younger/immature), then you can understand why guilds don't exactly hold up to such great standards.

As to your theory on why people start guilds, let me offer a quick tale about mine. When I started in open beta, I started with a few friends. We wanted to form a guild as a means to keep in contact with each other easier. The history and name of the guild, though, stemmed all the way back to Euro beta. We were unhappy with the tyrannical leader of the guild we were in, so one of us secretly saved for and created a guild, appropriately named Subversion. We left the guild and based Subversion on having a more laid back attitude.
    The guild had a good run and lasted a couple years, but the guild fell, twice, due to subversion. Lol, how ironically appropriate.

P.S. Yeah I think the character level for making a guild should be raised. At least level 100 to make one
    Last edited by SilentM; 09-30-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    The Lady has Spoken

i think the guild price should go up to lol i have enough to make 800 guilds lmao 10m is too low make price 100m . . . more challenging . . like in beta it wasnt ez to get 10m back then

Banned
    if its 100m no one would even want to make a guild thus making ppl more independent and less cooperating in game

well there are people that is willing to spend 100m 4 guild and like u said not that many ppl will make guild thus they wather join an existing one . . .which its good

Shadow Titanium
    Raising the guild creation fee would prevent having a lot of small guilds with short life-expectancy.

Also many people take guilds for granted and treat them as groups of people from whom they can extract benefits, but not expected to give something in return. From my experience, it's safe to say that staying true to the guild's vision and purpose, under numerous circumstances, shows integrity and brings people closer together genuinely.

Perhaps implementing a more strict system of contracts with a guild might help foster integrity and trust. One contract could be that if you make or join a guild, you can't disband it or leave for a certain duration of time. Another contract could be for guild privileges. Sure, a guild master is 100% in charge all the time, but the game itself should have a commission-based ranking system based on the contributions from the guild members. So every member has an equal chance of being the best contributor instead of being unmotivated and playing favorites. Although, this might cause another issue, which is one member could be putting on an act to gain trust and then exploit it at pivotal moments, when the guild's authority is contested.

In addition, I understand the GM's would not even bother to care about which guilds disband or form, but it would be nice to have some GM interventions when things go out of hand beyond players' powers.
    Last edited by Chippo; 09-28-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: @.@

aion was a guild before the game came out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    aion was a guild before the game came out
    aion was a word before cabal came out o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Notic View Post
    that's epic..
    nah deathblow is sub-epic now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    aion was a word before cabal came out o.o
    ohya dat too

I agree with raising the amount of alz + raising the level requirement for making a guild. I was just thinking how this isn't beta anymore and the level cap isn't 50 or 80. It's so easy to create a guild, that guilds ARE taken advantage of as others have pointed out. If a stupid bike color thing and other frivolous things that don't matter as much are 100m, then 100m for a guild would definitely make it more valuable.
    No, I don't think it would make people want to solo more. I think it would do the exact opposite. One, it would actually make people more willing to join an existing guild, thus helping existing guilds thrive.
    Two, it would make only those who really have the drive to create a guild, create it. Other Mmo's usually require some annoying or long or specific quest to create a guild that often makes it hard to obtain. Thus, completing the quest for it can become a task between a group of people (to make it easier), and it makes having a guild a little more important. Cabal only asks some low leveled newb to cough up 10m and they can make a guild. No wonder the integrity of guilds can be so low.

The Lady has Spoken

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Dilemma View Post
    Hello, welcome to the universe of a dilemma Just sharing what I and many more players are thinking out loud. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news , but that's lame...

Outlook

Guilds in Cabal that are created by players generally speaking, people that think their guilds are going to become epic one day (wish this was true). Actually in some cases some guilds make it out of the slims of being a "start up guild" eg. A guild that is started up by a person that isn't accepted into a guild, and wants to build one of their own depending on getting anyone at random. Most guilds are formed many ways ,but the common start up guild is what i hear the most when i ask the simple question "Why did you start a guild up" they often give me that answer, either they're successful or they flop after getting a handful of members.

Trustworthiness

isn't in the code of honor in these circles, what i mean is that the concept of the "guild rules" aren't what they really mean irreverently not by all. Almost all guilds are like a fad ,and the sad truth behind the rules idea is to make it seem like their guild is structured when its not. For example before i took a leave from Cabal bout four months ago the one of the top guilds in Venus was Tempest, and now its existent like dino. The truth issues in guilds are a huge factor in almost every faction, wish everyone wasn't a bounty hunter&fantasizer (eg. a person who is out for dungeons and always seem to know what player is doing what at anytime, secretly plotting when to leave your guild or any guild) right? Well that's not the factor here that person just don't care.

Activeness

One of the major issues behind trustworthiness is activeness, and most of us can relate to this problem. "I know that person haves other out of game deputies to forfill and playing a online game on the daily bases is acceptable to him or her" I can understand this, but at least give the guild leader a notice that your going to be inactive for awhile. Many cases that player just disappears on the guild and he or she was really helpful. Activeness is a huge factor that every guild must have a rule or a backup plan for, if you don't then be prepared to fail.

Originality

If you look it up in the dictionary you'll get the ability to think or express oneself in an independent and individual manner; creative ability. I don't see that in most guilds, its the same thing in that persons places just a little tweaked, and its funny to me that most guilds run this way. Example all the players that join the guild are in groups that is contrary to the guilds name, most inactive or just playing with another character in a other guild. "How is that loyal, i know how can you stop that person from doing that"? Its easy if you take two aporches at it. Sticking to your requirement of joining your guild in the first place, if its open to any level then you shouldn't care for multiple characters in your or any other guild. Coming up actives for your guild other then going on a guild dungeon run, and more ideas for your guild to keep the members there could be a start. Any idea could help your guild become very active and know to be down to earth, maybe a hunt for something? (the list goes on)

Keeping this short

Its rare for me to say to myself "this guild has a creative name" usually the guild has a name that is contrary to the concept of the game or the guilds purpose.(originally not even having a concept to begin with) "Why not think logical and original like most did in the past"? Not to be a judge, but most of the community can agree on is that the "Top Guilds" are not creative with their names. Here's some guilds and a small feedback on their guild names, like always this is just an option this does not reflect on your outlook to what you think is acceptable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your Creative juice needs some upgrading People"

Just some guilds I think aren't really creative in naming their guilds, and i know their might be more out there that are less creative then the names that i stated. (stating the "Top Guilds" is what people expect so here you go" or whatever...

[Venus]
    Names i don't get?

1. Tang Dynasty (Whats a tang?)
    2. Apocalypse (of what?)
    3. RuoExTraxi (What the **** is that a band? and Whats the meaning behind that?)
    4. Purgatory (like....? i don't know what to say here)
    5. Epidemic (extremely prevalent; widespread...i doubt it)

Mercury
    I never been in Mercury so don't get mad at me if i don't know any old names.

1. AioN (really?)
    2. VIETUNITED (racist much?)
    3. Seireitei (Really wish i knew what it meant)
    4. CollateralDamage (this is a RPG game not FPS...just saying)
    5. ThelSoul (what can i say here....)

What are some of your thoughts or outlook on Guilds in cabal?
    Understand what you are stating in ur post, but just a note on how we came up with the name, A group including myself were all from a guild called "Hell" back in open beta (2008) and decided to leave because our gm was never on. So when about 5 members left that guild it seemed that all the members decided to go also, One of the people that left with us said well i guess that is just Collateral Damage since from that point on the guild was no longer. So to us it was unique never heard of the Rpg but I did see the movie.
    MagicalStar NA First 190 Cap WI
    zxLunaxz 14X Proc FB
    xMiwako 12x Proc FA
    Guild Master to the 1 and only
    CollateralDamage

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast