Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Group of Players

New Group of Players

Dear Cabal Members,
    Me and two friends are planning on playing this game. We are more or less completely new - I have already started playing and learning about the game - and we have one important question. We want to be able to play together, and from what I've gathered the progression of the game is something like this: 1-35ish Quests, 35-95ish Quests with some grind/dungeon play, and than from 95 on you basically grind and do dungeons. What we want to know is when, or even if, the quests we do at first and hopefully later on, end up merging together? I will explain in more detail my question in a moment after I give some quick information on our little party.
    I am going to be playing a Force Shielder, one of my friends will be a Wizard, and the other a Force Archer. I know that Force Shielders and Warriors start in Bloody Ice, Wizards and Bladers start in Desert Scream, and that Force Archers and Force Bladers start in Green Despair. I currently have (as a solo character) a level 16 Warrior and have followed the quest chains as they were given to me.
    So the question is as follows: Me and my two friends will all be starting in different starting zones. If we do the quests as they are given to us will we end up doing the same quests at some point there by allowing us to do the quests together? If so at what level, roughly, will this merging of the quests occur? If not do you have any recommendations - other than all playing a class that starts in the same zone - that will allow us to play as a group? (For example, skipping all the non-character enhancing (level 10, 20, 30, etc quests and/or quests that unlock new zones) and just grinding together.) If group play is not plausible until 90+ than please state that as well, because if that is case my friends and I won't bother attempting to play.
    I appreciate any and all help that can be given with regards to this matter.

Sincerely,
    Rose
    "Walk with me in the light and we shall see who is darker." ~Yours Truly

umm no

you will be able to do quest with your friends but not all of them

early game is not much team play. but it also doesnt take very long if you work efficiently.

yea it wont be too long

All right let me ask this: Is there a main city or capitol city like in most games? (Maybe Port Flux?) Is it at that point - around 50 - that we will begin being able to play heavily together? I thank you both for your answers so far, but I am curious to have slightly more number based answers (specific level group like 20's or 50's)? I have to run this past my friends before we decide to invest our time in this game. Again thank you for your current answers, and thank you to anyone who posts further information.
    Also if we group together in the beginning and just help each other do each other's quests will that hurt us in the long run? Like massively out leveling our quests/missing quests/etc?

Banned
    instead of force archer and force shielder you guys should play force blader and warrior. then you'll have a better party.

for the most part, youll have generally the same story quests almost right away i think. Do not skip the rank up quests, the 10, 20, 30 and whatnot. But once you get to weak lake in dusk, which takes about no time at all, and is the first real dungeon. you can run those together and from then on, run through all of the new ones you get to by gaining levels. you wont have a problem with team play, quests arent a huge part of this game honestly, most of us that make new chars skip all we can because theyre kind of boring and repetitive. but, the dungeons will be funner to do as a group.
    Confident: 17x FA

"Put a d*** in their mouth, so i guess it's f*** what they say"

bloody is the usual gathering spot and what server are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by EzSeleneEz View Post
    for the most part, youll have generally the same story quests almost right away i think. Do not skip the rank up quests, the 10, 20, 30 and whatnot. But once you get to weak lake in dusk, which takes about no time at all, and is the first real dungeon. you can run those together and from then on, run through all of the new ones you get to by gaining levels. you wont have a problem with team play, quests arent a huge part of this game honestly, most of us that make new chars skip all we can because theyre kind of boring and repetitive. but, the dungeons will be funner to do as a group.
    Thank you very much. This is extremely good news to me. That is exactly what we are looking for - heavy dungeon group play, and the quests being applicable to the party.
    @xFaLL3NxAng3L: We are playing on Venus. We wanted to go with the slightly less populated server. I did notice a lot of high levels in Bloody and was wondering about that. So no capitols, that's an interesting twist on the typical MMO setup.
    @plzbuffme: Basically I like to tank in most games, from what I would tell the Force Shielder is the tank of this game. My one friend (the one playing the wizard) likes to heal, but it didn't seem there is a healer in this game so he went with wizard hoping they would have some heals and if not he would be his second game style choice of ranged dps. My last friend likes to play the typical archer/ranger type character, so we knew that Force Archer was right for him from the start. Would any of you have a recommendation on switching up the classes we are planning on playing based on the description I have given? Should I be playing as plzbuffme suggested a Force Blader?

Thank you all for your help so far and thank you to anyone who continues to help us as we enter this new stage of our decently lengthy MMO gaming careers.

Sincerely,
    Rose

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast