Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Basic Wiki Format Guide

Basic Wiki Format Guide

Ok guys. I know that wiki is a different format than most people are used to.

So here's some of the basics in a not as organized way as I should have made it:

General:
    [[ words ]] will create links to what's in the brackets. If there's page for it yet, it will be red text.

Formatting:
    '' 2 apostrophes '' will make the letters italics.
    ''' 3 apostrophes''' will make the letters bold
    " quote marks" allow you type stuff without the formatting. For example: "[[link]]"will display [[link]] without the link working as normal.
    = equal signs= are used to make headers. The number of equal signs is the header label value with 1 being the top most header. To make a sub header under something, add an additional = around the title you are using. For example: =Rings= is the main header, and ==Fighter== would make a sub head for Fighter under Rings.
    { and } is used for templates. Templates are advanced formatting for the wiki. Don't mess with them if you don't understand how the template is set up.

Table Formatting:
    "{|" is to open a table
    "|" (shift+backslash under backspace) is used as vertical dividers for tables
    "|-" is a combination used for adding horizontal dividers in tables.
    "|}" is to close a table
    "!" is used for in-table headers
    "rowspan=x" is used to tell that cell to span x many rows instead of just 1 cell. X is the number of rows you want it to cover.
    "colspan=y" is used to tell that cell to span y many columns instead of just 1. Y is the number of columns you want it to cover.

I'll more to this since I'm tired and want to at least post something for starters. I'll clean it up better too.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Ok. I got lazy. Here's a simple "cheetsheet" for most the basics you'll need : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Cheatsheet

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]