Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Min. damage 14% > 36% Critical damage

Quote Originally Posted by xvxURIZENxvx View Post
    How do you mean all classes have different base min damage?

Every class starts out with 0%,it's right there in your stats,what decides your base minimum damage is your attack plus your amp combined

min. damage just increases your non-crit attacks
    the 0 in your stats is the min damage you have gear that increases. The base "min damage" is > 85% for all sword classes. I don't remember the exact percents per class but 15% is the most any class needs to achieve consistent damage which means that every hit against same target/defense will do the same damage with the same skill. Past that point min damage is useless. It doesn't consistently increase your non-crit attacks like you're saying.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lute View Post
    the 0 in your stats is the min damage you have gear that increases. The base "min damage" is > 85% for all sword classes. I don't remember the exact percents per class but 15% is the most any class needs to achieve consistent damage which means that every hit against same target/defense will do the same damage with the same skill. Past that point min damage is useless. It doesn't consistently increase your non-crit attacks like you're saying.
    I have to disagree,I've been 0% min. damage and still hit consistent damage

Not reliably on a sword class with sword skills you haven't. This has been tested so many times this seems beyond pointless to even discuss.

Magic skills aren't effected in any way (this is why BoS have add damage not min damage) and will always hit consistent damage.

Go hit someone with impact stab 10 times, and see if you can get the same number come up all those times with 0% min dmg.

Banned
    Not reliably on a sword class with sword skills you haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    Go hit someone with impact stab 10 times, and see if you can get the same number come up all those times with 0% min dmg.
    I just tried impact stab with an FB,it was a constant 25-27 depending on the level of mantis

I just tried impact stab with an FB,it was a constant 25-27 depending on the level of mantis
    So you tested on mobs that only have 25-27 hp and you'd 1hit them regardless of how much the damage hit. Do you even begin to comprehend how bad of a test that is?

Go to a player and attack them 10 times with impact stab and 0% min damage and tell me you get consistent damage. Then up it to your max (shouldn't need more than 15% idk what class you are) and try again. You'll see you should be hitting consistent damage then. THEN up it past that point and try again, you should notice you're hitting the same as the previous test because increasing it past that point doesn't actually increase your damage.

inb4 you can't understand this and make us have to make a video for you

my bad, you did this on a NOOB FB?

Try this on an actual character on an actual player if you want to prove anything. And fyi 25-27 isn't consistent. And like I said you need to use the SAME target, not different mantis's at different levels etc
    Last edited by Lute; 10-19-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Forcium
    So you tested on mobs that only have 25-27 hp and you'd 1hit them regardless of how much the damage hit. Do you even begin to comprehend how bad of a test that is?

Go to a player and attack them 10 times with impact stab and 0% min damage and tell me you get consistent damage. Then up it to your max (shouldn't need more than 15% idk what class you are) and try again. You'll see you should be hitting consistent damage then. THEN up it past that point and try again, you should notice you're hitting the same as the previous test because increasing it past that point doesn't actually increase your damage.

u make a vid
    > successful troll is successful

Banned

my bad, you did this on a NOOB FB?

Try this on an actual character on an actual player if you want to prove anything. And fyi 25-27 isn't consistent. And like I said you need to use the SAME target, not different mantis's at different levels etc
    I did,when I hit a level 2 mantis it hit for 26 twice then 9 to kill it........when I hit a level 3 mantis it hit twice for 25 then 11 to kill it,same thing with a level 1 mantis except it was 27 dmg

U start with 50% min dmg

Banned
    I did,when I hit a level 2 mantis it hit for 26 twice then 9 to kill it........when I hit a level 3 mantis it hit twice for 25 then 11 to kill it,same thing with a level 1 mantis except it was 27 dmg
    don't listen to lute lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast