Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I am out of solutions.....

windows xp ftw. sp2 or 3. vista is just lame. 7 is good but hasn't been out long enough for everything to be compatible with it. even if it's just what vista was trying to be.

and the best thing is prolly the cheesy popcorn. that used to come in the big tin things. *waits for pizza popcorn to be invented*

ok im getting pretty snappy here, feeling left out, what programs are you guys really talking about when you say " windows 7 isnt compatible with many things".
    gameguard thats one, whats the others?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonWrath View Post
    ok im getting pretty snappy here, feeling left out, what programs are you guys really talking about when you say " windows 7 isnt compatible with many things".
    gameguard thats one, whats the others?
    For example, all the old video games, some hardware drives that don't update anymore...also old virus too! j/k

GameGuard disable a lot of things to make sure that the 3rd party program can not use any sort of possible glitch/weakness to attack the clients.

It is raw and dumb but sometimes the dumbest way is the best way.
    EterNity's Diary The only place to get More ET!!
    Starfish Attack!!

All this blame of IE, Chrome, Win7,etc is bull.

GameGuard is the problem. I have been running cabal fine for months until this update.
    The new files for the server switch are the ONLY thing that changed on my PC.

Now it starts going to sleep when I leave it for a while. I have ALL POWER MGMT turned OFF and it has never gone to sleep before.
    Now, it does it all the time. Sometimes have to hard boot to get my friggin PC back!

Quote Originally Posted by EterNity View Post
    For example, all the old video games, some hardware drives that don't update anymore...also old virus too! j/k

GameGuard disable a lot of things to make sure that the 3rd party program can not use any sort of possible glitch/weakness to attack the clients.

It is raw and dumb but sometimes the dumbest way is the best way.
    thank you, i really appreciate your explanation.

But despite all what gameguard is doing, alot of people already hacked it, wait about few months or at most 1 year and a new hack for cabal will come out. Hackers dont take a break.

reply to thread creator:

I don't mind if you don't like GameGuard. you should bash it with constructed criticism and you should name a program that's better than GG with solid evidences that it is in fact better than GG. if you're too lazy to research what other game protectors are out there than I'm sorry but you do not hate GG enough to criticizes it.

Have you tried putting this problem in their support > ticket? post your program with as much detail as you can and also put your dxdiag.txt with it so they can take a look at your computer spec with complete detail.

how to create dxdiag.txt:
    press 'Start'(window icon) button that's located at the bottom left > then search 'dxdiag.exe' in the search bar > run it and wait for the program to collect/update your computer information > press 'Save All Information...' to desktop > attach the 'DxDiag.txt' file to your support ticket

most of time putting a support ticket will solve the problem; since you say you tried everything and it did not work it probably will take quite bit of time but most of time they'll look into it and give you "personalized" solution for your computer

also if you can tell me the problem I'll try to help you fix it
    Last edited by TheLastWarrior; 04-04-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastWarrior View Post
    reply to thread creator:

I don't mind if you don't like GameGuard. you should bash it with constructed criticism and you should name a program that's better than GG with solid evidences that it is in fact better than GG. if you're too lazy to research what other game protectors are out there than I'm sorry but you do not hate GG enough to criticizes it.

Have you tried putting this problem in their support > ticket? post your program with as much detail as you can and also put your dxdiag.txt with it so they can take a look at your computer spec with complete detail.

how to create dxdiag.txt:
    press 'Start'(window icon) button that's located at the bottom left > then search 'dxdiag.exe' in the search bar > run it and wait for the program to collect/update your computer information > press 'Save All Information...' to desktop > attach the 'DxDiag.txt' file to your support ticket

most of time putting a support ticket will solve the problem; since you say you tried everything and it did not work it probably will take quite bit of time but most of time they'll look into it and give you "personalized" solution for your computer

also if you can tell me the problem I'll try to help you fix it
    all you could have said is "tell me a better protection system than gg"
    1- there are no better in protection abilities, why? just for the simple reason that "the game WILL be hacked" no matter what you do, hackers will hack.
    2- an example of a better protection system than gameguard in regrade of their "disable this disable that"? i would give you a lot, but i dont even know what each game uses as protection, i would be freaking happy if i do, but unfortunately i dont.
    3- if you think gameguard will help much? will good luck with that. and yes i did send a ticket but its the weekend they wont answer.

look how many games run gg, and look how many communities hate it to the guts, just because it makes you disable alot of stuff for it to work doesnt mean its the best.
    and as if you want to call me lazy for not wanting to research, by all means go ahead, because i know very well there is no point, considering how many people hate it and how many problems it caused.
    I can name you any and i mean ANY protection software and you will find a fault in it.
    im not a kid, im not going to bash something without trying everything that i am able of doing, i asked many help, and still it wont work, the only thing i probably havent tried is going to my friends house and copying his cabal folder and replacing mine with his (doing that tomorrow).

the problem is that the gameguard file wont get installed i have no clue why, i tried (from a link on the internet) i downloaded the gameguard folder of another game and put it, but i guessed right it didnt do much.
    http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9485/26425683.png
    Last edited by DemonWrath; 04-04-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Stop saying GG doesn't work with Win7.... it works fine, there's something else on your computers causing it. And stop saying Win7 doesn't work with many programs. I haven't had one issue since I installed it with any of my games or programs, and I have a lot. If you are just going to read what other people are saying about Win7 and believe it's all true, you have issues.

And don't go back to xtrap either, it's worse.

Use Hackshield or something.
    Last edited by zephyr2; 04-04-2010 at 07:06 AM.

-=WI/FA ~ Cabal=- IGN: Zeph1 || the distinction isn't absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr2 View Post
    Stop saying GG doesn't work with Win7.... it works fine, there's something else on your computers causing it. And stop saying Win7 doesn't work with many programs. I haven't had one issue since I installed it with any of my games or programs, and I have a lot. If you are just going to read what other people are saying about Win7 and believe it's all true, you have issues.

And don't go back to xtrap either, it's worse.

Use Hackshield or something.
    i never said it doesnt work with win 7, i said it has issues with some, espicialy the 32 bit (at least as i read about the 32 bit) i still dont know how you people got it to work :/ i have 64 bit some people already learned how to make the game work, but it seems all they did was update their old ogp client and it work.
    so i dont know what else to do. I re downloaded the old client and tried to patch it, but the same problem occurred, the game doesnt run (after i press start cabal)

I'm also unable to play because of gameguard. It really s, and I'd advise using security that doesn't qualify as a rootkit. Game security that goes out with the game, not buries itself in my registry. Running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit without any luck. My other games work fine. At the very least, a GM could make a thread on how they want us to report gameguard issues. I know somewhere it said to send erl files their way, but which ones? The help desk only allows me to attatch five, of like. . . many.

I disapprove of the fact that even if I can't play Cabal and uninstall it, I have their shady security buried deep in my dll files. It's in many respects criminal. There are ways to totally remove game guard from the PC, but it's an utter pain in the ass. But again, I don't much care for anything that won't show up in my programs list related to 'security'.
    Last edited by Balegrim; 04-04-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast