Quote Originally Posted by doomer123 View Post
    Youngsuper gives jimbo competition.
    http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...500/tucker.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Lann View Post
    not everyone uses periods/commas
    Quote Originally Posted by XFearMyBladeX View Post
    u do know this is cabal right?just wondering...lol =p
    Quote Originally Posted by xChaosForte View Post
    Honestly, it's a forum. Nobody friggin cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by XFearMyBladeX View Post
    i think he duno wut cabal stands for.... lol

Lol wow I was just thinking about this. I honestly can't read half the threads I saw in the general discussion right now. I'm too tired to place all the correct punctuation and spelling in my head to then be able to understand what is being said.
    There's a REASON we take English class or any class that teaches us how to correctly speak and write our language. It's so that we can effectively communicate with someone without giving them a headache in the process. It doesn't matter if this is "the internet" or that it's "not English class." When you speak out loud, do you speak as backwards, incorrectly, or wrongly as possible, or do you speak the way you're taught to speak? Speaking in your own made up language or speaking as incorrectly as possible will pretty much get you nowhere.
    It's a DISCUSSION forum where people come to discuss ideas, opinions, issues, etc. There needs to be SOME semblance to the language spoken in the forum or else no one will know wtf you're saying.
    I might as well typelikethis with no spaces in between words because communicating clearly to someone else doesn't matter, even though this entire forum is ABOUT communicating ideas to other people. The rules of English mean absolutely nothing apparently and they mean even less because it's "the internet." What if everyone on the internet had that same mentality? Well it's only a website that's going to be read by millions of people, let's not care what type of punctuation or spelling it has because you know...it's a website.
    The bottom line is, if you're trying to communicate an idea, then logic tells you to communicate in a manner where the other person understands what you're saying.

typngliekdiswitrunonsentncesnnopunctuationnnocrrct spllingnshrthandevrthng4everwitnospces denurgnnagetignrd n no1gnnacarewut u say cuz THEY CANT READ IT.

The Lady has Spoken

Banned
    I use these forums to practice typing,@ 43 WPM

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentM View Post
    Lol wow I was just thinking about this. I honestly can't read half the threads I saw in the general discussion right now. I'm too tired to place all the correct punctuation and spelling in my head to then be able to understand what is being said.
    There's a REASON we take English class or any class that teaches us how to correctly speak and write our language. It's so that we can effectively communicate with someone without giving them a headache in the process. It doesn't matter if this is "the internet" or that it's "not English class." When you speak out loud, do you speak as backwards, incorrectly, or wrongly as possible, or do you speak the way you're taught to speak? Speaking in your own made up language or speaking as incorrectly as possible will pretty much get you nowhere.
    It's a DISCUSSION forum where people come to discuss ideas, opinions, issues, etc. There needs to be SOME semblance to the language spoken in the forum or else no one will know wtf you're saying.
    I might as well typelikethis with no spaces in between words because communicating clearly to someone else doesn't matter, even though this entire forum is ABOUT communicating ideas to other people. The rules of English mean absolutely nothing apparently and they mean even less because it's "the internet." What if everyone on the internet had that same mentality? Well it's only a website that's going to be read by millions of people, let's not care what type of punctuation or spelling it has because you know...it's a website.
    The bottom line is, if you're trying to communicate an idea, then logic tells you to communicate in a manner where the other person understands what you're saying.

typngliekdiswitrunonsentncesnnopunctuationnnocrrct spllingnshrthandevrthng4everwitnospces denurgnnagetignrd n no1gnnacarewut u say cuz THEY CANT READ IT.

Does that mean you txt on your phone in complete sentences?

If I'm going to type or text more than a word or a sentence to someone, then yeah, I'm going to use punctuation.

Anyway, my point isn't that everyone should suddenly write essays or perfect English every time or everywhere they type. I just want some people to have the common courtesy to type in a somewhat correct format. I would rather read a post full of typos or slightly misspelled words, than a post with absolutely no grammar whatsoever. Run on sentences are not fun to read or decipher.
    Shorthand has its place, and short phrase or sentences with no punctuation have their place too. Using them ALL at once to communicate an entire point across on a forum, is NOT its place.

The Lady has Spoken

hi

ESL student here.
    IGN: Angel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlymonkey View Post
    So many people seem to be illiterate on this forum/game....I swear some of them do it on purpose -.-

inb4jimbo, ragin, deathrains, etc....

I mean...English isn't even my first language but I still write a lot better than them without even thinking. Understanding globals trying to speak english is easier than trying to decipher what those guys say >.>
    fob

jk ily bre

not really...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast