Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can't play won't start

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    werfault is the windows error reporting service, I would just use the normal settings for compatibility, it should work on vista/w7 fine. im using w7 64bit. have you checked DEP (data execution prevention) to see if its possibly affecting cabal from running properly?
    Yes I have, it's not affecting cabal in any way. Another thing I did is I went on a different desktop and installed cabal, to my suprise, everything went well and I was able to play cabal ( same specs and version, except this was is a desktop and the one where it's not working is a laptop). Another major thing I noticed was that gamegaurd was not installed when I compared both files from the two computers. Will downloading gamegaurd seperately do any good? No matter how many times I try reinstaling, it never seem to download gamegaurd at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuhatsu View Post
    Yes I have, it's not affecting cabal in any way. Another thing I did is I went on a different desktop and installed cabal, to my suprise, everything went well and I was able to play cabal ( same specs and version, except this was is a desktop and the one where it's not working is a laptop). Another major thing I noticed was that gamegaurd was not installed when I compared both files from the two computers. Will downloading gamegaurd seperately do any good? No matter how many times I try reinstaling, it never seem to download gamegaurd at all.
    So you've completed clean boot (no services running besides microsoft ones)? If you've done that and tried starting cabal and it doesnt work id suspect something with your laptops connection, is it on a wireless gateway/router where your desktop isn't?

the connection is probably something I'd check if your desktop is working but laptop isn't, If there is different methods of connecting. routers/gateways can be susceptible to ports being blocked by default unless opened on the virtual servers tab in the router setup.

If you really cant get it working, I can do a teamview and troubleshoot as I would on my pc if you want. I'm not sure if GMs take full debug reports on clients crashing directly, but we could probably fix it anyway without the need of a GM. Given the circumstances I'd suspect its just something simple causing the prob on your laptop.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-04-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    So you've completed clean boot (no services running besides microsoft ones)? If you've done that and tried starting cabal and it doesnt work id suspect something with your laptops connection, is it on a wireless gateway/router where your desktop isn't?

the connection is probably something I'd check if your desktop is working but laptop isn't, If there is different methods of connecting. routers/gateways can be susceptible to ports being blocked by default unless opened on the virtual servers tab in the router setup.

If you really cant get it working, I can do a teamview and troubleshoot as I would on my pc if you want. I'm not sure if GMs take full debug reports on clients crashing directly, but we could probably fix it anyway without the need of a GM. Given the circumstances I'd suspect its just something simple causing the prob on your laptop.

Yes, my laptop is on a wireless router, I had a feeling it was the connection also, I called the cable company, and it was restarted to factory default, yet nothing. If you could give me a helping hand on this I would really appreciate it .

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuhatsu View Post
    Yes, my laptop is on a wireless router, I had a feeling it was the connection also, I called the cable company, and it was restarted to factory default, yet nothing. If you could give me a helping hand on this I would really appreciate it .
    I can teamview with you and suggest some changes ect, first of all I would ask you to uninstall avast untill you get cabal working if thats possible.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I would just suggest step by step the tips in this thread: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...appens-README.

Since not everyone is computer savvy I don't mind taking few mins to help explain step by step what you need to do to ensure no 3rd party services/programs are causing the problem.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123