Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can't play won't start

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    Turn off avast
    ... i used avast and i did fine on the game. then it expired and i got virus

-__- help

new computer

-__-

Quote Originally Posted by whitestalbino View Post
    i had something similar to your original error.
    this would show up for less than a second

then nothing would happen

i found the solution on
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f460/prope...client-478710/

save a text file containing
    cabalmain.exe breaklee
    as a .bat in the cabal folder
    breaklee is a test command, no it shouldnt allow a normal client to run the exe with that command in normal circumstances. A simple way to test functionality of breaklee is to insert it into a shortcuts cmd line in properties from a shortcut on desktop or whatnot, once launching it may skip the updater all together (similar to husky command) but it will eventually close out due to not completing the update.

Quote Originally Posted by dieinghero View Post
    ive reinstalled & uninstalled vise versa
    but it still won't start all i get is the update screen then when I click "start cabal" it dissapears & nthing happens
    First i would disable avast completely, or in a similar scenario try a clean boot to ensure no program is hindering cabal/gg.

Run "MSConfig.exe" from your computer, it will give you a dialog box to select how you want the programs/services to load upon start up.

Click Selective start up, Load system services, Load startup items. (we modify the startup anyway so wont matter with the items)

Next click Services tab, Check mark "Hide all Microsoft services" then click Disable all.

Lastly you can check through the start up items and see if theres any anti virus program or such listed, and disable it; try to disable most of them until you can find out whats preventing the access to the internet and the client after shutting it down..

to undo the proccess, just type msconfig, and click "Normal Startup", which will ignore the selective programs you wanted to disable upon start up, and reboot to load normally after un-doing the changes made above, to test if cabal will function with the 3rd party programs not running like avast ect..

also on a side note make sure your running cabal with admin privelages, which includes turning off UAC (User account control), and right clicking the cabal and updater's .exes and going to properties, and then compatibility tab, and check marking the "run as admin option" on both .exes.

these are just opinions to help troubleshoot the problem if its related to avast ect..

btw you want to make sure DEP data execution prevention is not the cause as well, if your running vista/w7; as some computers with user accounts/limited privileges can run into DEP blocking games from executing.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 12-15-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

o.o running windows 7 with AVG
    Last edited by Kenny779; 12-17-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestalbino View Post
    i had something similar to your original error.
    this would show up for less than a second

then nothing would happen

i found the solution on
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f460/prope...client-478710/

save a text file containing
    cabalmain.exe breaklee
    as a .bat in the cabal folder

i've tried dis i doesn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    breaklee is a test command, no it shouldnt allow a normal client to run the exe with that command in normal circumstances. A simple way to test functionality of breaklee is to insert it into a shortcuts cmd line in properties from a shortcut on desktop or whatnot, once launching it may skip the updater all together (similar to husky command) but it will eventually close out due to not completing the update.

First i would disable avast completely, or in a similar scenario try a clean boot to ensure no program is hindering cabal/gg.

Run "MSConfig.exe" from your computer, it will give you a dialog box to select how you want the programs/services to load upon start up.

Click Selective start up, Load system services, Load startup items. (we modify the startup anyway so wont matter with the items)

Next click Services tab, Check mark "Hide all Microsoft services" then click Disable all.

Lastly you can check through the start up items and see if theres any anti virus program or such listed, and disable it; try to disable most of them until you can find out whats preventing the access to the internet and the client after shutting it down..

to undo the proccess, just type msconfig, and click "Normal Startup", which will ignore the selective programs you wanted to disable upon start up, and reboot to load normally after un-doing the changes made above, to test if cabal will function with the 3rd party programs not running like avast ect..

also on a side note make sure your running cabal with admin privelages, which includes turning off UAC (User account control), and right clicking the cabal and updater's .exes and going to properties, and then compatibility tab, and check marking the "run as admin option" on both .exes.

these are just opinions to help troubleshoot the problem if its related to avast ect..

btw you want to make sure DEP data execution prevention is not the cause as well, if your running vista/w7; as some computers with user accounts/limited privileges can run into DEP blocking games from executing.
    wer can I find dis
    I'm using win7
    Last edited by dieinghero; 12-25-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: wrong

Press "Start", Search for "run" type in "msconfig" without the quotes, then follow his steps.

One quick question regarding all these: I have tried all these steps, but to no avail. One thing I noticed though is whenever I start cabal, and before it closes itself and not start, "werfault.exe" comes up and then cabalmain.exe closes, few seconds after it closes werfault.exe then disappear from the task manager. This only happens whenever I try running cabal though. Does werfault.exe has anything to do with why cabal is not starting?

P.S: I have allowed cabal in my firewall list, all antiviruses are disabled ( there was actually a point where uninstalled them all, yet I kept getting same result), I am running it as administartor, and I also ran it was windows xp service pack 3 compatibility. I have also uninstall ad instaleld teh properly, but still the same thing keeps happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuhatsu View Post
    Press "Start", Search for "run" type in "msconfig" without the quotes, then follow his steps.

One quick question regarding all these: I have tried all these steps, but to no avail. One thing I noticed though is whenever I start cabal, and before it closes itself and not start, "werfault.exe" comes up and then cabalmain.exe closes, few seconds after it closes werfault.exe then disappear from the task manager. This only happens whenever I try running cabal though. Does werfault.exe has anything to do with why cabal is not starting?

P.S: I have allowed cabal in my firewall list, all antiviruses are disabled ( there was actually a point where uninstalled them all, yet I kept getting same result), I am running it as administartor, and I also ran it was windows xp service pack 3 compatibility. I have also uninstall ad instaleld teh properly, but still the same thing keeps happening.

werfault is the windows error reporting service, I would just use the normal settings for compatibility, it should work on vista/w7 fine. im using w7 64bit. have you checked DEP (data execution prevention) to see if its possibly affecting cabal from running properly?
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast