Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: This program is reported unsafe

This program is reported unsafe

After I finish downloading cabal set up a message poped up saying "this program is reported unsafe" I dont know if i should finish install it, cuz i dont want to have no comp problems .What should i do
    Last edited by dash105; 11-15-2011 at 04:20 PM.

OMG really guess i cant play this game. Is there anyway to fix this?

lol i think santa is bored ... your AV is probably picking up the snake application... its perfectly fine finish the install... create you a character and welcome to cabal lol
    My fangs are the LEAST of your worries!!!
    [/CENTER]
    Mercury Chars:
    Venus Chars:
    HandsomeFS 143 FS
    NiteViper 105 WA(T2 Farming)

as far as i remember everyone back in the day said gameguard uses a virus like program to find 3rd party programs.

Name After Merge xAshes
    Venus---Blader---Ronin

There is no virus in cabal downloaded from the main site (cabal.com); the reason for the false positive is the heuristics of the game/anti cheat is recognized as potentially malicious, however your trusting the developers of the applications/programs when you install it. Chances are any game you download with gameguard or a rootkit anti-cheat will give false positives. nprotect gameguard does not store or catalog private data thats not relevant to the prevention of cheats even though it may attach to processes running other then cabal during execution of the anti-cheat.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Thats what i said mine just sounded stupid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    There is no virus in cabal downloaded from the main site (cabal.com); the reason for the false positive is the heuristics of the game/anti cheat is recognized as potentially malicious, however your trusting the developers of the applications/programs when you install it. Chances are any game you download with gameguard or a rootkit anti-cheat will give false positives. nprotect gameguard does not store or catalog private data thats not relevant to the prevention of cheats even though it may attach to processes running other then cabal during execution of the anti-cheat.

Name After Merge xAshes
    Venus---Blader---Ronin

Quote Originally Posted by dash105 View Post
    After I finish downloading cabal set up a message poped up saying "this program is reported unsafe" I dont know if i should finish install it, cuz i dont want to have no comp problems .What should i do
    As Sn0wXz stated, the program that popped up and displayed the message was most likely from your Antivirus. There's no need for alarm if you downloaded it from our main site(http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/Client). It is not uncommon that antivirus programs would give a false positive.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

<3,
    GM Orion
    <CENTER>
    <br>
    Thanks Innovation <3!</CENTER>

Help cabal Error

Please someone help i downloaded cabal and i have windows 7 64bit but after the update it says the windows is not compatible with what you are running i have posted a link to it here.

http://upload.cabal.com/upload/Couns...6/5b16594d.png