Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Upgrade System...to be considered

Titanium

New Upgrade System...to be considered

It's not totally new but it's point-based one.
    Every time u upgrade an items it will give u certain number of points. Fail upgrades give less points than successful upgrades. When you accumulate certain number of points you gain a bonus percentage in upgrading an item u choose to use this points for. Points are divided into 4 categories. low, medium, high and highest.
    Let's say u need 100 points in the high level to acquire 5% more of success rate. 500 points to gain 10%. 1000 points to gain 20% and so on. It's up to est to change these rates ofc.
    This way you won't be sad if u fail upgrading an item, and you will be happier if u succeed.
    Discuss it!

Banned
    no,decrease the drop rate of upgrade cores and increase the upgrading success rate

You can go into any dungeon during any given day and more than likely every other chest is an upgrade core drop and sometimes it's almost all chests.

Titanium
    I can't help it but i love your signature xD
    @ your comment. Reducing the drop rate of upgrade cores will destroy the economy of cabal, a subject needs an essay to explain. This thread might give u clearer pic of my view of the importance of the current drop rate of upgrade cores: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...Upgrade-System

Quote Originally Posted by Hilal View Post
    It's not totally new but it's point-based one.
    Every time u upgrade an items it will give u certain number of points. Fail upgrades give less points than successful upgrades. When you accumulate certain number of points you gain a bonus percentage in upgrading an item u choose to use this points for. Points are divided into 4 categories. low, medium, high and highest.
    Let's say u need 100 points in the high level to acquire 5% more of success rate. 500 points to gain 10%. 1000 points to gain 20% and so on. It's up to est to change these rates ofc.
    This way you won't be sad if u fail upgrading an item, and you will be happier if u succeed.
    Discuss it!
    1.Buy random junk piece at a very low +(1-3)
    2.Upgrade junk piece with a few cores until its +4-5
    3.Earn upgrade points
    4.Upgrade +14 epic piece of gear with 100000000000000000 upgrade points
    5.???
    6.Profit!!!!1!!one!

Wont happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilal View Post
    I can't help it but i love your signature xD
    @ your comment. Reducing the drop rate of upgrade cores will destroy the economy of cabal, a subject needs an essay to explain. This thread might give u clearer pic of my view of the importance of the current drop rate of upgrade cores: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...Upgrade-System
    How will decreasing the amount of cores dropped in game affect the economy?...there are well over 1k upgrade cores in AH on venus right now not getting bought and probably double that on merc

I'd rather get 1 upgrade core out of every 2-3 dungeon runs and know it's going to succeed than get a dozen from 1 dungeon run knowing there's a 89% chance it's gonna fail if I try to upgrade past +6

EDIT: I remember that thread,I was hoping for a GM response
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlymonkey View Post
    1.Buy random junk piece at a very low +(1-3)
    2.Upgrade junk piece with a few cores until its +4-5
    3.Earn upgrade points
    4.Upgrade +14 epic piece of gear with 100000000000000000 upgrade points
    5.???
    6.Profit!!!!1!!one!

Wont happen.
    If it was implemented after our next update #5 would be breaking it down for a perfect core
    Last edited by xvxURIZENxvx; 12-14-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Titanium
    thank u Deathlymonkey for ur input xD.
    Don't think that this trick or idea didn't came in mind. But imagine it happening in the course of the game. If every body saved his cores to acquire points, the the supply will get too short making prices of cores going high. rather than being 1 m each it will go up to 2m or even 2.5m. what would u think ur gonna do if u have 20 cores at that moment? will u waste them in points which i believe if est adopted this idea will make it so damn hard to get 1 point (maybe making the 0.2 for succes and 0.1 for fail upgrade attempts)? sure not, u would prefer to sell them. Everybody will think the same. So the supply increase and cores prices go down to it's natural limit. People then will continue what they are actually doing. they won't use cores unless they rly need to upgrade an item. am i right?

Osmium
    This idea I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s.
    ~quit~

Quote Originally Posted by xDromarx View Post
    This idea I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s.
    stop trolling !!
    次の舞・白漣, Tsugi No Mai , ~Jay ~ Jayc ~ Jet Plane ~

Banned
    if the guy who spent 14b on a helm dont complain no one has the right to ever complain.

Shadow Titanium
    The problem with people whining about failing to upgrade is they are going about it wrong...they are buying cores or spending real life money on item shop cores and SG's to Plus their gear....so when you do fail, it makes you more pissed than you should be because of what you have to go through to get the gear and the cores. People post in the forums all the time about how they spent 2b trying to go to +11 or something but end up back at +3....then they rage and quit....

Well guess what, just farm CA with a BL and it will be a lot better when you fail to upgrade....because your getting cores for free...well on venus it's only about 500k for entry item....so not free but far cheaper than buying them from any source...I'd rather spend 15 min per run for free cores than spend months saving alz or real life money to buy cores....if I did the later, I would be pissed and break my pc if I failed to plus my gear....by doing CA, if I fail it's no big deal because it didn't cost me anything of great value....

So no need to screw around with the upgrade system....it will only become worse or far too easy...right now it may not be perfect, but it's better than it used to be....

The only other solution I see is just get rid of the fails and put in a durability option for gears so that cores are used to increase durability when it gets low or repair an item.
    Last edited by Davynelord; 12-15-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast