Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Pet Grinding Guide

Pet Grinding Guide

Step 1. Get a bunch of cheap forcium items or as close to 1k defense as you can.
    Step 2. Get Auto HP heal Items (Not potions).
    Step 3. Get as much Pet Exp % bonus as you can.
    Step 4. Go to Pontus Ferrum at the center ring right next to those starting portals and grind on 1 Brachium. (Yes not Cornus, because hunters of pet grinders will kill you either mob you're attacking, so why cost yourself extra work?)

Over the past week I have leveled a Nipperlug to Lv 6 with 40% in 7 days. (I did alot of afk though)

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Actually, I say no less than 1100. I tried 1k on my FS and it still did not work well enough for me
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

harder for a fs/wa to do it this way because of our defense rate, a blader can do it with less than 1k def cuz of there def rate

I amd doing it atm on my 151 FS with 1100 defense and 2.3k defense rate. Pretty easily might I add.
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

Quote Originally Posted by Athian View Post
    I amd doing it atm on my 151 FS with 1100 defense and 2.3k defense rate. Pretty easily might I add.
    Defence rate makes a Huge impact in this apparently, though I beleive level is a bigger factor, since with 1050 def I get hit 30-80s, and at 1170 i get hit for 13-30, but i'm also 180. (def rate = 2.8k though) (buwahaha i wanna pvp you athy)

My FB Guide

Actually, you don't need that high def. As long as you have vamp. I have a FB lv 16x, only 950 def, using 4 vamp ring + 2 vamp bracelet + vamp amulet + 2 vamp earings and I do it just fine. That's the total of HP steal 30% of total damage and Max 117 HP steal per hit.

Auto HP heal doesn't work as great as Vamp.

From my experience, lv 160 is the point you need to reach before considering doing pet training. My same FB was unable to train pet with the same gear at lv 15x, however, once I turned to lv 160, it did just fine. I left it for 2 days in Prem channel and didn't die.

Oh, forgot about the monster. It's actually better to do pet trainning with 2 UMD2-Cornus. Get them to a corner and start using cannon lv 1. As long as your Cannon do 250-300 normal damage, you will survive and Cornus won't die. The EXP from 2 UMD2-Cornus is also better than from 1 UMD1. You might don't mind that 3k-5k exp per hit, but if you do it long enough, it actually can get you a lot of exp. I gain about 2 lv already just from pet training

Quote Originally Posted by aosu View Post
    Oh, forgot about the monster. It's actually better to do pet trainning with 2 UMD2-Cornus. Get them to a corner and start using cannon lv 1. As long as your Cannon do 250-300 normal damage, you will survive and Cornus won't die. The EXP from 2 UMD2-Cornus is also better than from 1 UMD1. You might don't mind that 3k-5k exp per hit, but if you do it long enough, it actually can get you a lot of exp. I gain about 2 lv already just from pet training
    Pet exp = 1 exp per skill, no matter how many it hits, it's still 1. Modifiers increase it (pet exp %). As for exp itself, it only pertains to those still in need of leveling, which is alot faster just to IC2 with a 130-140 WI/FA that does decent dmg.

If you grind on cornus: You need to have a balance of dmg output to the cornus input. Check and see what your dmg intake is. If you get hit 30s or less, use auto HP gears. If you get hit like 100s, you might want to use vamp with a high % since you won't be hitting it that hard (otherwise you'll end up killing it)

If you grind on brachium: They have less def, so use Weak attacks (No lances or cannons, only arrows, it's the same exact exp no matter which, and you can't share a grinding spot successfully if you use those bcs the mob will die bcs you hit too hard). Same concept with the auto-hp and vamp (though brach hit less so auto-hp usually should be able to do the trick.

I pet grind some 30-40 hours a week (sleep+work hours), so telling me that I do it wrong, is completely on your judgement of what you think you know. I've also been pet grinding since I was lvl 160.

My FB Guide

Banned
    1: buy a kat/blade from BI npc
    2: find somebody already skilling and proceed to mooch

done

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    1: buy a kat/blade from BI npc
    2: find somebody already skilling and proceed to mooch

done
    simple and cheap!