Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Get Launcher to Launch game..

Can't Get Launcher to Launch game..

I have tried to reinstall Cabal and also turned off any type of Anti Virus and Fire wall. It was working great yesterday
    Today seems to be a new "Bad" Day. Any help would be great on this Issue. thanks

When you launch, are you trying to open update.exe or do you click on cabalmain.exe? Just asking because I noticed when i installed one of my cabal clients, the update.exe would not open as normal, i had to click on cabalmain.exe for the updater to open, not exactly sure what the cause is, but im assuming its a bug perhaps; however if there wasn't more people experiencing it then it may have just been an anomaly.

Theres a few steps you can take to ensure no other programs are conflicting with cabal, like a clean boot using msconfig.exe to do a "selective start up" and also hiding all microsoft related services so you dont disable them, and then disabling all the non microsoft ones that are not essential to running your PC, if cabal worked fine after a clean boot i would assume there is something in the normal startup that is hindering cabal from running, also you could try turning down UAC if you have w7/vista; and checking data execution prevention; both of which probably wouldnt work one day and not the next.. I'm not entirely sure if the "check files" function was fixed since last I knew it was bugged, but you could always try that after a clean boot and seeing if cabalmain.exe will launch the updater...

btw when you click to open cabal, viewing task manager, does any .exe come up at all even for a second or two? or does nothing at all happen?
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

The .exe shows up just for a slight second then disappears, Any reason for that?

Your antivirus may be blocking it, Try disabling your antivirus before running CABAL again, but this time run CABAL as an administrator. If this does not succeed I would advise you to uninstall CABAL, Clean your registries (CCleaner) then re-install CABAL.

Don't hesitate if you have more quesitons!

<3,
    GM Orion
    Last edited by [GM] Orion; 01-05-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    <CENTER>
    <br>
    Thanks Innovation <3!</CENTER>

I Just tried that Orion, Thats a No go, Not working still. Gameguard doesn't even want to open.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMagic View Post
    I Just tried that Orion, Thats a No go, Not working still. Gameguard doesn't even want to open.
    Well if you don't fix it via GM troubleshooting, I'm always willing to teamview with you and see if I can find the problem. A number of scenarios to test and verify are services/processes running in background that could cause problems with gg/cabal, using msconfig and checking the slew of other settings like UAC, DEP, basically everything I could think of that I myself would do in that situation.

Obviously this is tech support so really I dont want to step on GMs toes if they are wanting to troubleshoot it with you, so just let me know if you wish to teamview after your comfortable with GMs help.

Ill do anything at this point, i haven't been able to play for two weeks and i want to play. Anyhow back to college work. let me know what we have to do, to team View. And thanks alot all

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMagic View Post
    Ill do anything at this point, i haven't been able to play for two weeks and i want to play. Anyhow back to college work. let me know what we have to do, to team View. And thanks alot all
    You dont happen to be playing from college network do you? Its possible they could have blocked the ports for cabal if your on a school network. Anyway http://www.teamviewer.com is the website for remote assistance program. After we exchange meeting information generated by the program, we connect to each other. Your screen would be viewable in my window, i could request control of the mouse and attempt to troubleshoot the problem your having the same way I would troubleshoot if it was happening to me.

Im at home, I Don't use a Computer from the school. Anyhow whenever is best for you. Im installing Cabal again now to see if it works. if not ill let you know in ten minutes

Ok still not working hmm.... i can use your help, i never trust anyone on my computer but i want back on so im rdy whenever you have time snow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast