Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Get Launcher to Launch game..

Just PM the ID n PW of the teamviewer generated information and we can use the chat window on that
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Thnx

The issue was resolved, something in the startup services was probably blocking cabal/gg, also we elevated premissions on the .exes as high as possible, disabling UAC and adding exception for DEP. GG updated and cabal started successfully, thread can be closed.

Thanks Alot Snow, Problem Solved

np, welcome.

hey i'm having this same problem can i get your help with this

Quote Originally Posted by sjharhman1942 View Post
    hey i'm having this same problem can i get your help with this
    Take the time to read through the guide to setting correct privileges and settings to execute cabal without other services/settings causing conflicts with cabal.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...Happens-README.

The guide is pretty thorough, and exactly what I would do with teamviewer, so you can do it yourself if you wish to take the time and follow the instructions carefully.

If you can't complete the guide because your not exactly computer savy I will do teamview with you and explain step by step what you have to do while monitoring your screen, therefore I can correct any mistakes and troubleshoot the way I would if the problem was happening to me.

I won't be available for teamview for another 45 minutes or so, (11 pm eastern) so just shoot me a PM and I will get back to you in few.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-07-2012 at 06:08 PM.

i cant find the cabalupdater file for the life of me

Quote Originally Posted by sjharhman1942 View Post
    i cant find the cabalupdater file for the life of me
    it should be in the cabal directory like all the other files, if you want to do teamviewer ill monitor the changes, www.teamviewer.com

Lady was having the same issue with nothing happening, I'm assuming it was DEP/admin privileges, but given every OS is going to be different depending on versions of that same OS, i can't rule out the possibility that one of the random non-microsoft services we disabled was the cause.

Either way she was able to launch after applying the changes; so clearly there is niche group of people with certain versions/OS who will have to check dep, uac, privileges, and clean boot to ensure there is no problem on their end.

edit: By the way since im just a normal player like you, if you want to create your own thread for the GMs to know your having that problem that would probably be more formal, if you want to get a response from the support team.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-07-2012 at 07:57 PM.

is anyone on that can help me with this same problem!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast