Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Tips for a 153 FB that hasn't played in years?

Tips for a 153 FB that hasn't played in years?

Hey all,

I'm just getting back into Cabal after a couple of years (February-March 2009), & I was wondering if you guys have any tips about any major changes to Force Blader that I should know about when it comes to high level PvE & PvP? As in different or new skills, recommended gear these days, etc.

I just logged onto my guy a little while ago to check how things have been since then, & the situation looks grim. My account still has some of my items, but it's bare & broke.

Like many people around that time, my account was hacked, but since I had stopped playing I didn't know until long after it happened. What I was left with was the following equipment.

Osmium Helm +6 30% crit damage (I know it isn't 36, but I didn't have the money for it at the time)
    Osmium Battlesuit +7 7% sword amp 50+hp in slot
    The gloves & boots are so bad that they aren't worth mentioning (random forcium for hands, +7 vampiric terragrace)
    2 +1 RoL
    2 +1 crit damage rings
    2 BoF+4
    2 Vampiric Bracelet+3
    2 Vampiric Earrings+2
    1 pet (3% vamp in 3 slots)
    My +4 Forcium Katana 7% sword amp & my Topaz crystal +7 30% crit damage were both gone, leaving me with no katana or crystal on either my character or in the bank. I'm not sure why they didn't take my helm or suit though.

Seeing as I had no katana & no crystal, with barely enough money to buy weapons (around 40m), I went ahead and bought a cheap Topaz +6 26%critdmg crystal. I couldn't find anything decent around that price when it came to katanas, so I figured I'd at least get that, and maybe I'd be able to do some dungeon runs or something.

I also saw that we have a new transcender skill, & bought it. I've put it at lvl 9, but it doesn't seem to fit too well in my combo, and it also seems to consistently do less damage than Assassinate at the same level. Should I up it to maybe something like level 18? Also, what's the recommended PvE combo now that we have this Seal of Damnation?

Lastly, I see that there's a lot of added content now, so what should I (a level 150+ FB out of the mix for a long time) do? Should I just go back to grinding, which was the only thing to do at my level back then, or tackle some of these new quests that are out?

I know this is kind of long, so in summary.
    1. Looking at my current equipment, what's the equipment I should be working towards getting right now? Keeping in mind I'm broke (literally only 400k on hand).
    2. How does our new skill fit in with PvP & PvE, what are the recommended combos with it for both, and are there any new skills or similar things I should be aware of?
    3. What should I do with my FB after 2+ years of inactivity?

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this.

Also, if anybody I knew from Os or FiRe still plays, let me know what's happened since then (I'm Divinedeath). It would be interesting to hear.

Also forgot to mention that the Terragrace are boots, I also have a set of +7 Osmium battleboots 2slot 100hp, and a vamp ammy (+3 I think). I can't log in on this computer since it's horribad, so I can't get the exact stats.

And for some reason edit post isn't working for me...

Do all your quest, thats a quick 50mil ish. Do your daily IC1 with guild members and split drops. Yep still need to grind. Ft1 and sod drop slot extender high, which if your lucky is a nice amount of alz still. Thats about the best I can advise o.o
    My Youtube Channel My Dungeon Video Guides

Thank you for the sig InfiCathi!

How about skills? 9 for transcender seems to consistently hit less than Assassinate & even Infernal Impact, but at 18 the cooldown is just way too long, despite how well of a finisher it seems.

forc impact for finihsier ez

Quote Originally Posted by SantaClaus View Post
    forc impact for finihsier ez
    Yeah. I was just wondering what SoD's spot is in the rotation these days, and what level it should be at.

I've only been able to get on 2 or 3 times since I transferred my account (desktop is messed), so I haven't been able to experiment with it that much, only a little in PF.

SoD lv9 before Assassinate for the negative crit resist? Or do most people do something else?

my combo is force kick>force assault>asassinate>SoD>force slash>infrenal impact.it seems to work well against any class but if it doesnt here is a chase combo

SoD>force assault>force slash>assassinate>infernal impact

i've tested around with dps for FB's skills and what i got for highest dps was one of a couple options all in the same series though (assy= assassinate):
    1. [Seal of Damnation(15), FK(9),Assault(18 or 20), Impact Stab(20),Assy(9)], Force Slash(20), Infernal Impact(12). Repeat Assault- Force Slash and alternate SoD on end with Inf Imp until combo cancels or target is dead.
    (note: the bracket is to show all the skills that get the -8% cd/ rate res debuff during combo)

2. Same thing as above just starting with FK or Assault (I tend to do FK after SoD usually to get that extra 8% cd if it crits)

3. You can also do a variation without impact stab, but it requires you to do Assault+Force Slash( both are -62 hp per 2 seconds @ lvl 20) in between assy and Inf Imp, and sometimes SoD but it's not quite as fast as the first one for dps, but allows the power attacks to hit slightly more often.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]