Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: One Auction House

One Auction House

One Auction House for both servers, meaning if someone in Merc, puts something in AH then someone in Venus should be able to buy it.

Is this possible? If so then it should be.

ALSO Auction House is not even an Auction house, I mean you dont Bid on anything, its more of a Public Shop. I think there should be a true Auction House.

Discuss...
    Last edited by @AlmightyLuX; 01-11-2012 at 08:06 PM.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by @AlmightyLuX View Post
    One Auction House for both servers, meaning if someone in Merc, puts something in AH then someone in Venus should be able to buy it.

Is this possible? If so then it should be.

ALSO Auction House is not even an Auction house, I mean you dont Bid on anything, its more of a Public Shop. I think there should be a true Auction House.

Discuss...
    good idea and its called agent shop not ah people just call it that

As good as this might look on paper in practice it would be a terrible idea. Both servers have very different economies and to merge them via the agent shop would drastically change the flux of prices between both servers. Now eventually that might normalize out but once that happens the servers might as well just be merged and it's been made clear that this will not happen.

And when we bring up the topic of normalizing the Agent Shop economy there's no guarantee it'll be split down the middle. The server who has the "richest" people will just buy out all the cheaper items and put them for their servers economic price so basically one servers' economy would just eat the other.

In example: Venus currently has cheaper prices on several items than Mercury. Agent shops get merged, group A buys up all the cheaper say bikes and puts them up for Mercury's value, eventually the Venus server players will either just stop Buy/Selling from the agent shop and just sell in their trade channel, or they'll be forced to raise their prices while inflating their economy to compete in the Mercury market.

It just wouldn't work.

Level 8 Basic Crafter
    Level 5 Ring Crafter