Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Blue screen of death

Blue screen of death

So whenever I play for more then 5-10 minutes I get dced by the blue screen of death. I'm playing this off of a hard drive I just installed my friends client onto it because my comp is very slow at downloading ad just trying the game out. Kinda discouraging that I cannot seem to play for more then 5 minutes. I know it's not my comp because it only happens with cabal up, and my friends cabal client works fine too, so I don't know what is going on, I tried playin with no anti virus and still happened as well. Other then installing it onto my comp any other suggestions? I'd rarer try everything else first before doing a 13 hour install.

considering it takes you 13 hours to install, i would suppose it is your system. BSOD resulting directly from cabal/gameguard is somewhat uncommon, i remember in one case i seen on the forums it was result of the mouse drivers the person had installed that would cause bsod with gameguard running at same time.

did you copy his whole folder or just the caba_na_setup.exe ?

btw check eventvwr.exe, windows logs -> System / Application for any correlation between events logged there, and the blue screen.

also what does your blue screen say for a STOP code?
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-12-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Yeah I'm playing on a really old comp until I get mine back from the shop. Now that you mention it, it may be my mouse, I think it keeps happening when I try and change mice with cabal u. That's really strange that that causes it lol, I don't even know what the stop code is mmm I'll write back the next time it happens with it. Thanks for the fast reply ^^

The mouse was just an example, the chances of your mouse being the same has his is pretty slim; What kinda pc we talking? o/s? ram? proccessor? just integrated graphics no dedicated vid card?

I would suppose it meets minimum requirements if it actually launches the game n such, but the bluescreen stop code and description might help a little. I dont even know if its worth mentioning having your drivers updated given if its a 10 year old pc or something...lol
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Osmium
    Funny, my mouse actually causes a blue screen all so. Don't really ever need to switch mice, But i did notice this problem when I needed to. If it is your mouse i suggest you don't switch(obviously). Other problem is your computer is just plain to old and outdated to run cabal, Gameguard and cabal running just overloads it.

Oh I just had a few to play befote I had to leve for work but the two times I got blue screen I had switched mice because I didn't like them lol. Kinda made sense I'll have to try it again when I'm home. I don't know if it's actually 10 years old it has xp on it and I think it's between like 8-10 years old I'll give you more info when I can.

500 dollar gaming rig fix that for you
    IGN: Angel

I also have the blue screen error... I have played Cabal on the same pc about 2 years ago, and it worked fine. I have tried to install it again a few days ago and it won't work for more than 5 minutes. I've been looking for a solution, but nothing seems to work. Considering that it has worked before on the same pc, what could be the problem?