Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Cabal Error Report Dump (Laptop PC)

Exclamation Cabal Error Report Dump (Laptop PC)

Code:
    - EventData 

cabalmain.exe 
       4f0d31fd 
       unknown 
       c0000005 
       66c 
       01ccd406021511e1 
       C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (NA - Global)\cabalmain.exe 
       unknown 
       40f37a24-3ff9-11e1-97d9-60eb695f67b0 
    Faulting application name: cabalmain.exe, version: 1.0.0.269, time stamp: 0x4f0d31fd
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

System Specifications:
    O/S: Windows 7 SP1 64bit
    Processor: AMD V140 Processor 2.30 GHz
    RAM: 2gb

Crashes after launching, Update.exe will not open unless Cabal.exe is prompted to open first.

Windows error report .wer file:
    Report.wer

Requesting GM assistance.

Note for GMs:

Cabal Online encounters a windows error when trying to launch on a HP laptop with windows 7 64bit designed for HP computers specifically. Generic windows versions do not suffer this problem, only HP Laptop designed operating systems. This and shorty1990s (Her thread is here) laptop both HP designed operating systems that encounter errors when attempting to launch Cabal Online.

Also there is a BEX (Buffer overflow exception) warning on cabalmain.exe when attempting to launch with "play now" on the launcher, which will not open unless opened via cabal.exe, even with all privileges elevated to highest possible level(run as admin on all .exes including stater and updater, as well as main client); and DEP exceptions added for cabal.exe, cabalmain.exe, updater.exe. DEP was also turned on for only core services and the outcome did not change.

For this case above there is no anti virus or identifiable programs blocking cabal online, It's assumed its a O/S specific(HP designed only) error related to cabal.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-27-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Bakuhatsu; Has any response been given for your help desk ticket yet??.... Even just acknowledgment of the error being related to the operating system would be nice.... If there is something in the memory dump thats pointing to another program/service it would be nice to know instead of waiting >.<

I'll send it out to a few debuggers/reversers I know to see if they can gleam any result/conflicts in the error report.

edit: Bakuhatsu; reupload that Report.wer file to another website, U.S. Officials shut down megaupload.com so the report file isn't available for download anymore...
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-19-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    Bakuhatsu; Has any response been given for your help desk ticket yet??.... Even just acknowledgment of the error being related to the operating system would be nice.... If there is something in the memory dump thats pointing to another program/service it would be nice to know instead of waiting >.<

I'll send it out to a few debuggers/reversers I know to see if they can gleam any result/conflicts in the error report.

edit: Bakuhatsu; reupload that Report.wer file to another website, U.S. Officials shut down megaupload.com so the report file isn't available for download anymore...
    Sorry fr late response, I have sent tickets and no response has been given yet. Suprisingly, it seems like cabal is now working all of a sudden. Thank you for the help

Hmm thats odd, LOL. o_0

We changed alot but it never launched, do you have any clue what allowed it to open without error? It would be nice if we could find out because shorty1990 was having the same issue with her hp laptop O/S. >.< Plus it would save me alot of time having to troubleshoot all that stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    Hmm thats odd, LOL. o_0

We changed alot but it never launched, do you have any clue what allowed it to open without error? It would be nice if we could find out because shorty1990 was having the same issue with her hp laptop O/S. >.< Plus it would save me alot of time having to troubleshoot all that stuff .
    Lol, to be honest, absolutely nothing, all I did was restart the computer and about 3 days after the troubleshooting, for some reason I tried playing cabal and what do you know, it all went smoothly, I was soo suprised, I sat there staring at the screen for few seconds thinking it was going to crash or something but it all went well and it has been working well since then. Odd I know.

ah deng. kk.