Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: GM The Hacking of Accounts is Getting Out of Hand.

Ditto on wat triple said
    Being full of yourself online is fine, since you know in the real world you are nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    Ever since people started getting "hacked" in this game from way back, I have always had the same stance....it's due to their own fault. They have either gotten keylogged by either buying alz or going to hacking websites, or shared account info. I know, I know, "I've never bought alz!!, I've never shared my account info!!" Heard it all before and quite frankly, I expect these responses. I wouldn't expect someone to admit to what happened.

How many accounts have been sold on this game? If the buyer doesn't get the email address to change the password, who is to say the original owner doesn't come back a few months later and decides he wants to play and gets back into his account and takes everything on it? This happened to a guildie. He bought an account, didn't change the password and 2 or 3 months later, the original person got on it, stripped the account and cleaned out the GWH. It happens. This was nothing but stupidity on his part, and my guess is the people getting hacked now is due to stupidity.
    Yep thats exactly how i used to think for over 4 years until now.. it was just so unbelievable and i tried to think of all the scenarios how it could have happen.. and all i came up with was a keylogger, but since cabal is the only game i play and the official game forums is the only cabal or game related website i ever visit but i had to be sure so i scanned my pc with almost every antivirus and anti keylogger software available, root scans etc but found nothing.

I also had the same password for over 4 years.. because i was confident that my account couldnt be hacked without someone knowing my password... and also when i logged in and saw that half of my items were gone i immediately went to change my password, then the next morning i login just to see someone had logged into my account again and was selling all the leftovers in ah.. how fkd up is that? im here just letting out some steam since im not allowed to post this on eu forums

Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban View Post
    Considering many players here (myself included) trust Cabal with our paypal details, ESTsoft's lax in database security is simply unnacceptable at the moment.

In all MMO's you will get people dumb enough to give account details to a "friend", play in a dodgy net cafe, download a dodgy 3rd party program, use unnofficial item services etc.... However this is the first MMO I have played where you can get hacked so easily without being irresponsible.
    So steal your game account instead of your paypal account which contains your money? That makes complete sense. You are logically retarded...

You seriously can say you have no part in getting your account hacked. I call MAJOR BS.
    Last edited by 6IX; 01-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Yay for reassurance.

Titanium
    been playing for 4 years/ havent got hacked once or will ever, why? cause i dont share account infos, but seriously theres no1 out there is good enough to bypass estsoft game security, even the best hacker around can still say cabal aint worth hacking.....period

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travesh View Post

Yay for reassurance.
    lol o.o

Quote Originally Posted by DingDongDitch View Post
    been playing for 4 years/ havent got hacked once or will ever, why? cause i dont share account infos, but seriously theres no1 out there is good enough to bypass estsoft game security, even the best hacker around can still say cabal aint worth hacking.....period
    Ok if thats true then tell me why is there hacks such as damage hack, speed hack, range hack etc..? makes you wonder what else can they do..
    Last edited by GodEater; 01-17-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodEater View Post
    Ok if thats true then tell me why is there hacks such as damage hack, speed hack, range hack etc..? makes you wonder what else can they do..
    I'm no computer exert, but I'm pretty sure it's completely different getting around gameguard to hack in game and hacking into the database where people's info is kept.

Quote Originally Posted by DingDongDitch View Post
    Good for you. But guess what? I can say the same thing about not sharing account info and still had my account tampered with twice before. So it's not just sharing account info. I also have a feeling some of the free ecoins download offers on this very website might have some keyloggers...

And people bypass estsoft security ALL THE TIME. Go check in UG or Fort Ruina sometime and say hello to the bots with range hack.

+1 what he said
    Last edited by bardiel7777; 01-17-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    <-stolen from Athian

simple, because hacks such as damage, speed or range are modifying in game code / memory files. However database of logins and PWs aren't store in game files, you wouldn't expect koreans to be able to log in our NA server after we recieved their latest game files update would you? these data are encrypted and stored inside of EST database. If hacking encrypted web databases was that easy, I don't think anyone would risk entering personal information or credit cards online now, would they? Online banking would be non-existent. People would have more things to worry about than losing some pixels.

once again, getting hacked is most likely your own fault, just like people who gotten their online credit card stolen etc..

Example Scenario that could happen without your knowledge that you are getting hacked

A. you playing Cabal on your computer but is running on your friend's network. His network could have been setup with trojan / viruses / worms by a 3rd party to steal everyone's information / keystrokes on whoever is connected to their internet. You would have no knowledge of this, because I couldn't possibly know my friend botted, or bought alz, or entering his cabal information over a 3rd party website. Your friend will most likely not admit these things either. This could also apply to school network, where massive amount of people using that network everyday.

B. Your guildie just made a impressive solo on a impressive boss or epic drop. He wanted to show you a video / picture. He gave you a link of some sort like tinyurl.com\49mdas and you saw the picture along with a trojan virus. You congratulate him but a week later you lost all your items.

C. Sharing account / Using your account on another computer / siblings?

If there was mass hacking on cabal database, I'd expect more people complaining on forum. My best bet would be G.M temporarily shutting down the whole game-server like what happened when our attacks were bugged and could even miss on "combo".
    Last edited by WhatIsThisIdontEven; 01-17-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast