Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GM The Hacking of Accounts is Getting Out of Hand.

GM The Hacking of Accounts is Getting Out of Hand.

This problem is getting worse and worse, we are seeing people not just one one server getting hacked but both Venus and Mercury are getting hit hard. So far 3 or 4 people in my guild have been hacked alone, and countless more people that I know. I doubt that they all have keyloggers, Im starting to wonder if there is an exploit in the website that is allowing people to get others information. This is just an idea, how true or not I do not know...However, I do know this...May people are getting hacked like crazy now, I'm really hoping that your about to put an end to this and restore everyones gear before this goes any further.

My recommendation for those who have yet to be hacked, I would have a back up of screen shots of your gear and pet gems if epic. This will just help you in-case something bad were to happen. Try and protect yourself before this happens review your sub password and your main password attempt to make a more complicated password that would more difficult to crack, and as well review your e-mail account to make sure that is secure as well.

~LafobRazz Venus Killer~

*Removed by GM. Please reduce the size of the image*

like my buddy says the GM are beating cabal like a dead horse........ and god they are beating it dead..... so they can promote Cabal2

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

Yes 10s and 20s of people hacked, the humanity of server integrity. How will us normal users ever go on?

I know! Share accounts w/ your neighbor so when you bang his gf/bf they "hack" the items, download random things, get close with guildm8s and share screenshots/movies/songs.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    like my buddy says the GM are beating cabal like a dead horse........ and god they are beating it dead..... so they can promote Cabal2
    I don't think this is the case here, sorry.

They have a lot of content that is to come in the somewhat near future. I highly doubt that they would attempt to decrease the population, regardless of the fact cabal2 is coming out.

*Removed by GM. Please reduce the size of the image*

Me:,,

Same thing happening in cabal eu, only last week there were over 10 account hacking cases that i know of but probably even more since our gms keep deleting all the threads about it.. and the sad part is that our gms wont retrieve any lost items. Really sad to see such a fun game go bad because of the faulty security.

Shadow Titanium
    You want to avoid being hacked or minimizing the chance as much as possible?

Go study up on hacks/cracks and what it is and how it's done....then you will learn how to avoid and/or counter being hacked....some of the most simple things we do in games or on the net leave open doors for hackers to hack us...

I would list some stuff that gets you hacked but I'm fairly sure we all know what those things are....In general though, just use common sense and pay attention to who you interact with in game, in the forums and in real life....no matter how much of a friend someone may be to you in real life, sharing your account with them isn't a good idea....you might trust them but remember, no one will treat things you own as well as you would...so when you let a friend share an account, you never know, he might visit alz selling sites and has hidden that fact from you....having visited sites like this are often enough to get you hacked...so if he shares your account, he has exposed you to being hacked sooner or later.

[GM] Kato
    Hi guys,

We've noticed an increase with this particular issue and we're doing our best to assist in any way that we can. Please read the following thread for steps on protecting your account:

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...ming-amp-Fraud

Additionally, if your account has already been compromised, please send us a Help Desk ticket and we'll be more than happy to review your account.

Regards,
    [GM] Kato

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post

Go study up on hacks/cracks and what it is and how it's done....then you will learn how to avoid and/or counter being hacked....some of the most simple things we do in games or on the net leave open doors for hackers to hack us...

I would list some stuff that gets you hacked but I'm fairly sure we all know what those things are....In general though, just use common sense and pay attention to who you interact with in game, in the forums and in real life....no matter how much of a friend someone may be to you in real life, sharing your account with them isn't a good idea....you might trust them but remember, no one will treat things you own as well as you would...so when you let a friend share an account, you never know, he might visit alz selling sites and has hidden that fact from you....having visited sites like this are often enough to get you hacked...so if he shares your account, he has exposed you to being hacked sooner or later.
    Im sorry to inform you but it is possible to get your cabal account hacked without you sharing your account or telling your password to anyone or having a keylogger... thats how i got hacked.. never told my password to anyone and i always had my id saved so keyloggers couldnt get it.. i also checked cabal ph forums and theres a mass account hacking issue too and their gms have confirmed that cabal isnt secure and could only advice players to change passwords regularly :/

Quote Originally Posted by Davynelord View Post

lol... yeah sure why not...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast