Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: GM The Hacking of Accounts is Getting Out of Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by bardiel7777 View Post
    I also have a feeling some of the free ecoins download offers on this very website might have some keyloggers...
    While ESTsoft itself takes no responsibility for the 3rd party offers for free ecoins, the sites themselves do. If you feel any of them have keyloggers feel free to report that through the appropriate channels. I've done free offers from the same free currency companies, just on a different game. I've skimmed through the cabal ones they are the exact same surveys/downloads ect. None of the offers are keyloggers.

And people bypass estsoft security ALL THE TIME. Go check in UG or Fort Ruina sometime and say hello to the bots with range hack.
    Bypassing estsoft security? I'm assuming the way you worded that implying a botter is equal to someone who is stealing md5 hash and decrypting passwords from the server/database, It's just not even remotely close to the truth; but rather ignorant to the reality of both of the instances server and client sided. Client modifications always have existed in all mmos, server breach's are in general not as common simply because you don't have people who know how to decyrpt packets and encrypt them for the server to accept after completing actions ingame to trigger the packets.

Botters are in most cases not bypassing ESTsoft security, but gameguard. Which is and always has been bypassed in one way or another, its part of the reason we are on revision #1809, nprotect does a decent job at keeping updates and staying current on releases. In all reality some dude writing bypass's for gameguard in one night after release is not something that can be effectively patched every single day, all nprotect can do is stay current as much as possible which I have to say cabal_na is alot better shape now bot wise then pre-est/gameguard transfer. Ofcourse with a smaller playerbase there isn't as much demand anymore for those services so that probably has to be accounted for in the drop of botters in general.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-17-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    While ESTsoft itself takes no responsibility for the 3rd party offers for free ecoins, the sites themselves do. If you feel any of them have keyloggers feel free to report that through the appropriate channels. I've done free offers from the same free currency companies, just on a different game. I've skimmed through the cabal ones they are the exact same surveys/downloads ect. None of the offers are keyloggers.
    Oh really? You've checked every one of them? I don't think their being the same offers says anything about what's inside them. But not all of us are tech wizzies like you are Snow. Guess we'll have to trust what you say? I'm not saying all of them are, either. I'm sure most of the population is suspicious of them as well, and with good reason. After all, how much closer can you get to downloading random stuff onto your computer? Obviously if I knew any that was a keylogger I'd report it already.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    Bypassing estsoft security? I'm assuming the way you worded that implying a botter is equal to someone who is stealing md5 hash and decrypting passwords from the server/database, It's just not even remotely close to the truth; but rather ignorant to the reality of both of the instances server and client sided. Client modifications always have existed in all mmos, server breach's are in general not as common simply because you don't have people who know how to decyrpt packets and encrypt them for the server to accept after completing actions ingame to trigger the packets.
    By estsoft security what I meant was every security measure used by estsoft, including gameguard, and not just the firewalls protecting their own servers. I'm sorry if you misunderstood my point there. The other guy made it sound like nothing can get by EstSoft.

However, yes you raise a good point in clarifying what it would take to hack into EstSoft, and thank you for that.
    Last edited by bardiel7777; 01-17-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    <-stolen from Athian

Oh really? You've checked every one of them? I don't think their being the same offers says anything about what's inside them. But not all of us are tech wizzies like you are Snow. Guess we'll have to trust what you say? I'm not saying all of them are, either. I'm sure most of the population is suspicious of them as well, and with good reason. After all, how much closer can you get to downloading random stuff onto your computer? Obviously if I knew any that was a keylogger I'd report it already.
    Majority of them yes, because super rewards and peanut labs offer the same service for other popular mmos, the one I did the majority of these two free currency surveys/downloads on was dragon nest, but they were the same ones, I even see the netflix one I did on dragon nest being offered here as well as some other misc deals/downloads which are the same exact progs that they offer on the other mmos.

Secondly even though I myself am confident there is no keyloggers in the free ecoins programs offered by the 3rd party sites, I just create system image, or do restore point before installing, do them all at once; then revert the sys image or restore to before i downloaded the programs. Also sandboxie is great for running programs that you don't trust, and keeps the infromation in a virtual drive instead of actually written to your hard disk.

I don't think the offers here are worth completing because of the small amount of cc they give per offer compared to DN. I rather just buy something from the cs if I wanted it, DN everything was cheap and limited to what you could buy anyway, so it was just storing up for the new costume coming with the next lvl cap.

By estsoft security what I meant was every security measure used by estsoft, including gameguard, and not just the firewalls protecting their own servers. I'm sorry if you misunderstood my point there. The other guy made it sound like nothing can get by EstSoft.

However, yes you raise a good point in clarifying what it would take to hack into EstSoft, and thank you for that.

Well, I personally haven't seen anything of that type yet. It doesn't rule out the fact its possible, just not plausible. Seems sporadic and isolated as opposed to the OGP alz rip we had back then, which was indeed "mass" waves.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

lol he's still talking XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Pham View Post
    lol he's still talking XD
    who?

Tera- Human Mystic Lv60
    Server- Valley of Titans- (PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    who?
    He, whoever ur thinking of =P

Snow does your hands cramp up from typing so much? ;D
    162 FA better than Chingu... That is all.

A lot of the lines of logic in this thread look a lot like fundie logic. "I don't understand the technicalities of it at all, but this is how it works and if you think otherwise you're retarded!"

- Retired
    - Retired

Titanium
    sigh u guys are jus argh!!! uneducated, comparing bypassing a gameguard/database is like comparing which one is ur left hand n right hand, gameguard can be bypass by any 3rd programs, for ex, we can input our OWN music into cabal right? for saying u can input anything into cabal as long as u have the programs, but hacking/bypassing through their "database"? im dam sure theres thousands/millions of codes jus to get inside of their database to grab ur password/user/data, GMs will be the first to know if any1 or anything hacks into their database, but its not even near or close to that, All those warning signs that spams in game 24/7 about not sharing account info< its a hint! telling you players to stop being so unwisely uneducated!

^ Random people manage to hack military silo's and even NASA databases... this makes hacking Cabal NA seem rather novice

I would bet all my money that at least half the people getting hacked here are not at fault. As I said before and I will say it again, this is the first MMO I have ever played in my life that it has ever happened to me, and the first with so many hack cases. Surely you have enough logic to admit atleast one of them could be legit
    Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    Ever since people started getting "hacked" in this game from way back, I have always had the same stance....it's due to their own fault. They have either gotten keylogged by either buying alz or going to hacking websites, or shared account info. I know, I know, "I've never bought alz!!, I've never shared my account info!!" Heard it all before and quite frankly, I expect these responses. I wouldn't expect someone to admit to what happened.

How many accounts have been sold on this game? If the buyer doesn't get the email address to change the password, who is to say the original owner doesn't come back a few months later and decides he wants to play and gets back into his account and takes everything on it? This happened to a guildie. He bought an account, didn't change the password and 2 or 3 months later, the original person got on it, stripped the account and cleaned out the GWH. It happens. This was nothing but stupidity on his part, and my guess is the people getting hacked now is due to stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
    I agree my tripthreat !!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoughGhan View Post
    Ditto on wat triple said
    You 3 are quite ignorant (or lucky I suppose). I can't blame you though I thought the exact same thing.

Tripplethreat answer this one:
    I didn't even trust my mother with my account details, yet alone some "friend" here. I have ever used an Alz buying website (why would I, item shop here is all I need), I have been tempted to buy other peoples accounts though never actually bothered doing it (too lazy I guess), never used or attempted to use hack/3rd party programs (I hate cheaters). Don't use internet cafe's, other peoples networks etc either. I would be the first to admit if I made a fault but.... don't really see any atm yet I still got hacked.

Well Tripplethreat do you have an answer? I don't want to pick on you or anything but with SOOOOO many hack victims claiming no fault of their own... surely at least one of us must be telling the truth. This is the first MMO in my life that has such seeming lax in its security
    Last edited by Urban; 01-17-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    <Removed Inappropriate Image>

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast