Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gm pls do something about the hacking issue

Gm pls do something about the hacking issue

im still waiting for my ticket to be looked into, and now my wife nearly got stripped off her items. alz gone and most of the items and gears in her inventory. worst part about this, it never even showed of her logging in and out or switching channels. and yet the hacker manages to steal so much already from inventory and warehouse. shes fortunate in a sense since she didnt loose everything. well i guess when she relogged, i suppose it cancelled out whatever was happening to her account.

at first i thought not putting up shop in ch5 would b safer now, since thats how i got hacked, left shop open the next day im all out.
    now spinnin in prem/non-pk chan seems to b no good as well anymore.

btw, she has lock on bank and inventory. just thought id say that for ive seen ppl saying putting a lock would make it secure.

she has sent in a ticket, but only god knows how long this would take for her stuffs to b returned, for ive been on the waiting wagaon for my stuffs for quite some time now.

GM pls do something about the issue before u get bombarded even more with tickets of "hacked accounts"
    Last edited by draghon; 01-21-2012 at 09:37 AM.

My brain hurts .....
    CptnHowdy
    guild leader

I'm sorry I'm so blunt if you dont like it grow up beating around the bush is for kids

sry to hear about your account. lots of people dealing with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

very true more and more ppl are getting hacked. the thing that gets to me is, how are the issues getting handled, if anything is even happening. there has not been a word from cabal team stating that they are even working on the hacking issue<forgive me if there has been and i just missed it>. they had m/a on wednesday and before that, ppl already had new threads of gettin hacked, and they did not address anything about the issue. if they are trying to figure out how its getting done, getting a fix, at least maybe some ppl would feel more at ease even if their tickets dont get resolved asap. least everyone gets a sign that work is getting done.

i know for a fact they are helping people. friend of mine just got back his gear after being hacked.

they just need to be more Proactive instead of Reactive

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

No official word on if the server/database was breached, but from the looks of the random people getting stripped; I would say either someone is accessing the database or there is some kind of other exploit that is allowing the stripping of gear.

I don't think its "mass hacking" but if this continues consistently you'll have a hard-pressed time convincing everyone its isolated incidents. One interesting thing is a few of the people who got "stripped/hacked" didn't even have anything worth taking...lol.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-21-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Just send in a ticket of everything you had, any possible screenshots, the time it was done and you should get most of it back. I did, and I couldn't be more thankful. After everything is fixed up, lock up your account. I honestly didn't know you can have more than 4 characters when setting up your character sub pass, inventory sub pass, and warehouse sub pass. Now its extraaaaaa long

great to hear at least one gets their items restored. just wondering, how long did u wait for your ticket. and as for locking, she actually did start locking soon as she saw my account get hacked, but she still lost items, both from inventory and bank. so does locking work, from what i saw, it doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    No official word on if the server/database was breached, but from the looks of the random people getting stripped; I would say either someone is accessing the database or there is some kind of other exploit that is allowing the stripping of gear.

I don't think its "mass hacking" but if this continues consistently you'll have a hard-pressed time convincing everyone its isolated incidents. One interesting thing is a few of the people who got "stripped/hacked" didn't even have anything worth taking...lol.
    So does this mean you agree someone might have bypassed Estsoft's firewall then?
    <-stolen from Athian

Yeah same thing happened to me, someone/s have managed to bypass ESTsoft's security. No idea if it is the database itself or just a mere bug being abused, but either way this needs to be fixed asap.

Inventory/warehouse passes won't do crap all if this is the case.... even with 1000 sub-passes it seems they will still be able to breach it. Why they target only the noob-mid teirs is beyond me.
    <Removed Inappropriate Image>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast