Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (TCP/IP Ping Command)

Quote Originally Posted by antwain View Post
    lol yeah i will try the 2nd idea.. When i use TDss killer do i extract all file or just run.. the first time i ran it.
    You have to extract the .zip file then run TDSSkiller.exe from that folder that you extracted... Then push scan and it should show you results after...

Directions are on the website http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280684

Quote Originally Posted by TDSSKiller View Post
    "Disinfection of an infected system

Download the file TDSSKiller.zip and extract it (use archiver, for example, WInZip) into a folder on the infected (or potentially infected) PC.
    Execute the file TDSSKiller.exe.
    Wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over. It is necessary to reboot the PC after the disinfection is over."
    Btw you tried malwarebytes scan? They should be pretty straight foward with how it works.. I would assume the malwarebytes stuff would work just as well if not better then the tdsskiller, but you can try and see the results on both if you wish.

I'm pretty sure between malwarebytes and tdsskiller you should beable to clean the infected file given this problem is relatively common for people with malware with relation to the ping command/exe running. Personally I keep the split drive for just extra files n such incase I do format my main C: windows, I have all the stuff I need so I don't have to re-download the basics like drivers, games, music ect ect..

Other then that theres not much to loose with formatting windows, ofc you'll have to re-install games n such but if you still have most setup files in your downloads folder you can just move those right over to your newlly created logical drive just by dragging and dropping into the drive once its created, it will show right under the my computer explorer window.

Also with further settings which I won't go into here, you can install 2 copies of windows on the same drive, given you made each partition big enough for the windows installtion, so I have back-up windows installed on alternate drive all I have to do is set that to the primary/active drive with disk management and enter a command in the cmd prompt and it will auto boot that drive first instead of C:, its useful for keeping backups of files..
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 01-27-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

I Think It worked o.o it doesnt pop up anymore, i used TDSSKiller and i used the Anti-malwarebytes i did a full scan for the mawlware this time.. i think that was what did it. Now on cabal though, it says "Cabal has encountered a problem and needs to close.. inform EST Soft about this"-_- as one problem is fixed another starts.

Hmm, interesting. I would try a re-install at last resort for cabal, but one thing; Do you still have the malware and tdsskiller installed? Maybe its blocking cabal from running as anti-malware and anti-rootkit don't like game engines or gamegaurd/anti-cheats. I would uninstall the programs first, then try using cabal after restart. If problem persists do a fresh install and if needed we can do teamview n see if we can fix the problem, check eventviewer.exe or eventvwr.exe, then goto Windows Logs -> then Application Logs and see if there is any errors that are from the same time-frame cabal crashes. Sometimes it gives module name that its conflicting with which in some instances can be easily identified.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

TEAMVIEWER! i was going to tell you, but i forgot lol.. cool program. i still have them installed, imma uninstall now, and i use GameBooster to make my computer run a little faster when i play cabal. well this thing started working, thnx !
    Last edited by antwain; 01-31-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123