Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Archer BM2 vs BM3 DPS Comparison

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nam Spirit View Post
    FYI, FA BM3 stat: 250 base magic, 30 per BM lv. You get BM3 lv 1 at lv 130. So by lv 180 your BM3 will be lv 6 and + (250+30*6)= 430 magic.
    thanks for that info i'll put that in. BM2 is only 240 at 180 too.

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by ErrorCode6 View Post
    you can't use Bm3 in War
    wtf y not QQ
    love ur sig btw

I like the the thread

and we really cant use it in war? -_-

Nice info cathy.

#1 noob in Deathblow

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    I haven't seen anybody do this yet, so I'd like to be the first to share it here

We've all seen videos of BM3 and yes it looks very strong, but it's hard to tell how good it really is compared to BM2, especially when the characters are in a different server, and you don't know what kind of stats they have, so I took the liberty of doing a little test, to try and compare FA's BM2 and BM3.

You may or may not have seen these videos of BM3 here before, but let me put them in perspective for you. The 2nd video here is the basis for my test. You can see that he auto attacks with a few lances on the 1st boss before BM3-ing, so I used that to compare stats.

The Korean FA's Aqua Lance:
    1368 noncrit / 4115 crit

My FA's Aqua Lance:
    2230 noncrit / 4364 crit

Because of the damage on our lances, I will assume:
    My BM2 DPS = The Korean FA's BM2 DPS, and
    My BM3 DPS = The Korean FA's BM3 DPS

In a 90 second BM2+Aos, I was able to take out 50% of the 1st Boss's HP (The Aqua lance at the end is for stat comparison purposes)

In a 90 second BM3+Aos, The Korean FA was able to take out 100% of the 1st Boss's HP, with a couple seconds of BM remaining

Assuming that:
    My DPS is equal to or greater than The Korean FA's DPS,
    You can see that BM3 will put out TWICE as much damage as BM2 in the same 90 second BM time.

Note:
    >Based on what I observed, FA BM3 DPS is comparable to WA BM2 DPS, possibly greater.
    >BM3 is both higher Damage per second AND higher Damage per hit,
    Meaning that the difference will be even greater on bosses that have regen

To Demonstrate the significance of higher Damage per hit:
    Here is the same Korean FA (whose DPS is assumed to be equivalent to my own), 2 barring Pluma with BM3+Aura+Aos, without amp pots/mc pots/holy waters.
    Whereas BM2+Aura+Aos without buff pots would not even let him take out half of Pluma's HP (assuming that his DPS is equivalent to my own)

Here are the attack and defense stats for BM2 and BM3 at 180 rank:

BM3 at 180 gives 430 Magic, 390 Def, 4 Amp

BM2 at 180 gives 240 Magic, 375 Def

Note* the base for BM3 has been changed to 250, not 110, so it is 430 Magic at lv.180.

Here's a table showing FA's BM3 skills' added attack and amp

FA BM3 A and B skills have: 828 added attack (at 180), 90 added amp, an estimated cast time of 1.5 (this is just my guess)

FA BM2 normal attack has: 223 added attack, 0 added amp, and a 0.8 cast time.

I hope this was informative! FA's, get excited for your DPS to more than double ^^
    sry , but this info is not very accurate
    *Removed by GM* Troll on the loose

how is this info inaccurate? the comp of her dps to the Korean FA? or the actually bm3 stats?
    also cathy im not sure if you are aware of this or not but bm3 also has "synergies" that sad stats. you might want to factor them in. im not sure if the Korean FA used them since i cant identify them but its a possibility o.o

Further more i think if bm3 were to be allowed in nwar it would literally break the balance of the game. it would have dramatic downsides if synergies are used, since most of them have a hp cost which would be multiplied by 5 in nwar.
    Last edited by Muramasa; 01-31-2012 at 10:41 PM.

I'm actually 180 o.o

~Contra Mundi~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    how is this info inaccurate? the comp of her dps to the Korean FA? or the actually bm3 stats?
    also cathy im not sure if you are aware of this or not but bm3 also has "synergies" that sad stats. you might want to factor them in. im not sure if the Korean FA used them since i cant identify them but its a possibility o.o

Further more i think if bm3 were to be allowed in nwar it would literally break the balance of the game. it would have dramatic downsides if synergies are used, since most of them have a hp cost which would be multiplied by 5 in nwar.
    yeah the FA did use synergies, but I'm gonna assume that we will too. they are relatively easy to use, all you have to do is press 4 keys, and you can just avoid the ones with the most negative costs where the positives aren't worth it, and only use the ones that are worth it.
    the one they used most often was the +5 rate/+20 cd one, which also lowers your own defense by 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by modem View Post
    sry , but this info is not very accurate
    and yes i know that this isn't very accurate in terms of calculating added attack and amp on every skill, my 1st post was just to give a rough guess on how much more damage we'll be doing. a lot of people have been saying bm3 is slow, so it'll be bad dps, and that korean people can only do that much damage because of their gear. i just wanted to show that even in NA, bm3 will be doing more than twice as much damage in 90 seconds than bm2 would.

If you would want to compare stats more accurately, you could look at the pluma video and see how much damage they are hitting on the A skill.
    In the youtube description you can see a low quality screenshot of their gear, but you can still make out most of the items, and you can estimate that this 17X FA has:

1000 magic
    40 amp
    180 crit dmg
    (I know it sounds like im lowballing, but their boot isn't 7 amp, they have 3 amp on bike instead of 5 from k red, and they're using an eog8 instead of eos)

Their actual damage on Pluma:
    3458 noncrits, 14803 crits (before synergy is applied)

Now we know that at 170 rank: bm3 gives 400 magic and 4 amp, aura gives about 95 magic, the A skill gives about 810 magic and 90 amp. And Pluma's defense is 1803. By dividing their crit by noncrit, we can tell that this FA has 328~ish crit dmg in aura and aos.

I don't know the exact damage equation, but i'll assume its pretty basic, something like (magic*amp)-def = noncrit
    so [(1000+400+95+810)*(2.34)-1803]=3520 noncrit, and their crit would be *328% cd is 15068 (which is pretty close to their actual damage observed on pluma)

If we do the same for my stats with a 180 rank bm3 you get 4999 noncrit and 15746 crit.

On bm2 my damage on 1803 def would be 1295 noncrit and 4014 crit. (remember this is damage per hit, not damage per second)

We know that bm2 normal attack is a 0.733s cast, and we know that bm3 A and B are 1.3s cast. no matter what crit rate you're at, as long as you're using the same rate for both the set of bm3 damage and the set of bm2 damage, you can see that bm3 is 2x more dps than bm2, and the higher damage per hit makes that a bigger difference on targets with regen.

So my point is that the 17X FA in that video isn't doing a lot of damage because of their gear, because a 17X or 180 FA in NA could easily match those stats without spending a lot on gear. It's that no matter what level of gear you have, you will be putting out twice as much damage in bm3 (before synergies) than you would in bm2.

Sorry for pushing the assumption that bm3 was 2x better than bm2 in my 1st post without showing any real numbers. I hope this post was a more accurate comparison.
    Last edited by Cathy; 02-09-2012 at 09:59 AM.

i smell a retarget or some other tactic in fa's bm3 for it to be more effective than the continuous gunz

This thread should be marked as a sticky!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CandiCoatted View Post
    This thread should be marked as a sticky!
    you should be marked as a sticky o.o

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast