Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help a New Wizard

Question Help a New Wizard

Hey all,

I have been reading the forums/wiki/fansites for about 2 hours now as my game downloads and have decided that i want to make a PVP wizard. i have played many mmo's such as: WoW, ffxi, mu online, rappelz to name a few but am completely new to cabal. I recently tried to play on the Europe server before i realised the IP blocking issue so i will be starting again over here.

I have a couple of questions that have been like 50% answered from my reading but would really appreciate some input.

1. Is there any server which would be best for a new player to join.. an a economy suited to a wizards needs and lots of active players..

2. is there any way for me to redistributeskill points.. are there a limited amount of skill points .. how does the skill point system work in general.. like i notice there are different ranks .. can points earned in one rank transfer to another.. the only guides i can find are from EU Cabal and they basically say get everything to 20.. i really need a good guide for wizard skills and like a pattern to add points at what levels ect.

3. crit vs amp, what is better endgame and what is better for pvp (what is more expensive)...

4. does anyone know of a good skill/stat/general guide for a PVP wizard, i have been searching for about 2 hours and most of the stuff i see is from like 2007.. also the sticky in this thread is helpful.. i can only understand so much of it due to my noobness

5. does anyone want to be my mentor ?? LOL seriously though could use some knowledge dropped on me.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS, ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PureDeath View Post
    Hey all,

I have been reading the forums/wiki/fansites for about 2 hours now as my game downloads and have decided that i want to make a PVP wizard. i have played many mmo's such as: WoW, ffxi, mu online, rappelz to name a few but am completely new to cabal. I recently tried to play on the Europe server before i realised the IP blocking issue so i will be starting again over here.

I have a couple of questions that have been like 50% answered from my reading but would really appreciate some input.

1. Is there any server which would be best for a new player to join.. an a economy suited to a wizards needs and lots of active players..

2. is there any way for me to redistributeskill points.. are there a limited amount of skill points .. how does the skill point system work in general.. like i notice there are different ranks .. can points earned in one rank transfer to another.. the only guides i can find are from EU Cabal and they basically say get everything to 20.. i really need a good guide for wizard skills and like a pattern to add points at what levels ect.

3. crit vs amp, what is better endgame and what is better for pvp (what is more expensive)...

4. does anyone know of a good skill/stat/general guide for a PVP wizard, i have been searching for about 2 hours and most of the stuff i see is from like 2007.. also the sticky in this thread is helpful.. i can only understand so much of it due to my noobness

5. does anyone want to be my mentor ?? LOL seriously though could use some knowledge dropped on me.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS, ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
    1. Depends what build you go... if you go forc stats and like defense then go Merc since forc m amp for WI is cheaper there... if you like HP then go Venus...

2. There's something called a skilling system in which each time you use a spell, you're skill level goes up. Each time you level up a skill level, you gain 1 skill point to raise the level of one of your magic spells. But, be sure not to waste any skill points on skills you don't need later on since some of the skills cost a lot of money to lower.

3. Crit is better no matter what server you go to. The main debate is actually forc stats or not?

4. This really varies. Like I said in #3, depends what build you go.

5. Some of the top [active] wizzys in Merc:
    - Spur
    - Cocopuffy
    - Meloco
    - Chling

Venus [from what I've heard]
    - Daxriggs
    - Rapchez
    - Illusionistz

the more you start to play the more of this you will figure out what to do. you don't necessarily need to figure out if you want to do cdi or amp build or hp or def build from the beginning. best way to figure out what you like is to play. I prefer keeping m. attack, rate and cdi as high as possible.

oh and btw mercury's economy is terrible from what i hear atm. venus is 10x better anyways.

pro english right here

Quote Originally Posted by bingotoy View Post
    the prices i pay is for example you sell me worth of 2.5bil item so i will pay 100USD per bil so 100 USD x2 = 1000 USD for 500m is 50

also yeah what you are deciding is what can you afford. doubt you can afford the FC amp that yum is referring too.

and you will need to learn how to handle both pvp and pve so the gear you have will play a part in that.
    IGN- DeathRowe Wojtek Browe
    STRANGELAND

thanks so much for the replies!

So what server are you joining in?

-- Indomie enak --

SIGMetal
    Quote Originally Posted by YumCookies View Post
    5. Some of the top [active] wizzys in Merc:
    - Spur
    - Cocopuffy
    - Meloco
    - Chling

Venus [from what I've heard]
    - Daxriggs
    - Rapchez
    - Illusionistz
    notice how Rage or Candy69 isnt here so he has no idea wat hes talking about =). in this game u cannot mess up on stats nor skills cause u can always change them around at any given time with very low costs. in pvp combo is always used so atk rate and def rate are totally pointless. ure main concerns are HP / Magic Atk / Magic Amp / Crit Rate / Crit Dmg / Defense / HP Steal / Hp Autoheal. every single stat is important so u must maximize them all, sometimes giving up a little of one stat for a bigger increase in another. u need to lvl up to a minimum of 120 to even begin to get a feel of pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    notice how Rage or Candy69 isnt here so he has no idea wat hes talking about =). in this game u cannot mess up on stats nor skills cause u can always change them around at any given time with very low costs. in pvp combo is always used so atk rate and def rate are totally pointless. ure main concerns are HP / Magic Atk / Magic Amp / Crit Rate / Crit Dmg / Defense / HP Steal / Hp Autoheal. every single stat is important so u must maximize them all, sometimes giving up a little of one stat for a bigger increase in another. u need to lvl up to a minimum of 120 to even begin to get a feel of pvp
    PureDeath, this is our forum and server retarded wizard, Spur. Pay no attention to him.. he isn't very good =(

Anyway wizards are pretty fun and I'm sure you'd like it better in venus, where the real epic wizards (and most of the other classes) are.

Quote Originally Posted by iSeeYou123 View Post
    By the time you get to DarrkD's skill / gear lvl, you would lose your virginity.

Spur

Has some tig ole bitties tho.

Siggy By Rasecx!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spur View Post
    Wat... ._.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast