Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this allowed :O

is this allowed :O

Hi, so I was derping around and checking out some bm3 vids and I noticed that in a few vids ( I will post them) there was a mod for ca6 and leth tyrant. For those who don't know what its looks like it makes the mobs in ca6 look like tiny things ( I don't know what they are) and leth tyrant look like pluma. Something like this would be awesome to have ! I'm about 99.8% sure its a mod that players adjust into the client. But ive also heard of players getting banned for messing with client files. It doesn't give an unfair advantage and doesn't change the playing experience much its just a visual adjustment. Any input would be awsome ! ( aka snow now's the time xD)

And here are the vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tl9B...f=mfu_in_order @15:21 you see that leth tyant is now pluma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlaDT...f=mfu_in_order basically the entire vid.

the source claims to have gotten it from the official kr site but i would like a little conformation to make sure the diff vrsions of cabal have the same standards.

thnx/merci! in advance !

I'm actually 180 o.o

~Contra Mundi~

Banned
    uhh iono

for the first video. I do believe it was that person going into the game files and changing the appearance.... AKA you could change what your pet looks like for your personal perspective to quadra if you wanted.

for the second video. I think it goes along with the first video in some way or another. changing the perspective of the mobs for your personal view of the game

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

so its not bannable right? i can do this of my own will and not get "dah ban hammah" ?

I'm actually 180 o.o

~Contra Mundi~

I think you can since they allow cabal skins theme!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    so its not bannable right? i can do this of my own will and not get "dah ban hammah" ?
    lol i would definitely wait for a response from a gm before doing so!

Lorkan said himself that macros on fancy keyboards aren't allowed, and are bannable. however, the same does not apply to cabal eu... so i wouldn't take any risks until you know for sure

One of the difficulties in completing ca6 is targeting tyrant and luring him away from the other mobs. The skin which changes the appearance of the mobs would seem to make this task much easier since pluma (tyrant) is much larger and therefore much easier to target than the other mobs therefore giving you an unfair advantage.

I realize luring tyrant is just one way to complete ca6 you also can just kill everything. But in that case it seems irrelevant to change the skin of mobs.

Banned
    why wuld u get banned for that u idiot

If your replacing the effects files just to add different mobs in place of others, you won't fail the integrity checks in place by gameguard. As far as GMs go, I doubt they would advocate changing file effects, but similar to player themes/mods on the client, its not the result of bans. Do you see plenty of players on your buddylist/guild with custom themes who play without any problems? Thats the same general modifying as the custom themes do, just replacing mobs with smaller ones which will still have all the stats as the normal mob so your not really gaining any advantage. The smaller mobs might make it easier to target the boss when luring, but I don't see this as a unfair advantage at all, many players can lure the boss with normal mobs so suggesting that changing them to smaller mobs is a unfair advantage is not true, your not completing anything a normal player couldn't do without the mods.

edit: Macros aren't similar to theme/efx file replacing, macros complete button/mouse input in a automated fashion, for example if a player made a autoit script to auto-retarget with button z after target is lost, or a simple auto attack bot that loots, none of those macros change the effects on mobs/buffs.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 02-08-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Banned
    I wanna mod treasure chests to look liek Cap Force Bladers :>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast