Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is this allowed :O

Quote Originally Posted by cutie View Post
    why wuld u get banned for that u idiot
    u are an obv tard. NOT ALL GMS HAVE THE SAME STANDARDS.

and thnx snow. i would liek to hear an official say on this tho. i dont want to put in a HD ticket since ppl who want to get thier gear back are prolly flooding it atm.

I'm actually 180 o.o

~Contra Mundi~

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    u are an obv tard. NOT ALL GMS HAVE THE SAME STANDARDS.

and thnx snow. i would liek to hear an official say on this tho. i dont want to put in a HD ticket since ppl who want to get thier gear back are prolly flooding it atm.
    Yes it would be nice to see some reassurance from a GM, but speaking from experience I haven't seen anyone banned for replacing their pet files, or changing buff icons/ui layout. I doubt they are going to advocate the use of replacing efx files though . As you can imagine I don't think any publisher/dev team would advocate the downloading/use of custom themes even though plenty of players use them. Its a good question though because it would be nice to know if a GM considers the replacing of mobs to make them smaller as a unfair advantage, even though gameguard doesn't throw up any flags about it after the file checks before the game starts, having GM input can't hurt.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

its not banable

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    I wanna mod treasure chests to look liek Cap Force Bladers :>
    =[

Osmium
    People have been banned for less in the past. It's not worth the risk without gm confirmation.
    ~quit~

you can easily make your own bm2 retarget with the in game keys and settings. ijs

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    If your replacing the effects files just to add different mobs in place of others, you won't fail the integrity checks in place by gameguard. As far as GMs go, I doubt they would advocate changing file effects, but similar to player themes/mods on the client, its not the result of bans. Do you see plenty of players on your buddylist/guild with custom themes who play without any problems? Thats the same general modifying as the custom themes do, just replacing mobs with smaller ones which will still have all the stats as the normal mob so your not really gaining any advantage. The smaller mobs might make it easier to target the boss when luring, but I don't see this as a unfair advantage at all, many players can lure the boss with normal mobs so suggesting that changing them to smaller mobs is a unfair advantage is not true, your not completing anything a normal player couldn't do without the mods.

edit: Macros aren't similar to theme/efx file replacing, macros complete button/mouse input in a automated fashion, for example if a player made a autoit script to auto-retarget with button z after target is lost, or a simple auto attack bot that loots, none of those macros change the effects on mobs/buffs.
    dam dude you saved me the troulbe of posting XD

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    I wanna mod treasure chests to look liek Cap Force Bladers :>
    lol cathy you're silly :>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12