Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: LaRazz’s Guide to Making a Secure Cabal Account.

LaRazz’s Guide to Making a Secure Cabal Account.

Whats shakin! Well I’m going to take a whack at this whole helping others out thing again. Just going to tell you a few ways you could make your cabal account more safe.

1) Create a password that is not easy to figure out. Try and mix upper case, lower, symbols, and numbers into a password to make it secure, also remember to make your password a decent length. Ex PW: C@B@1i$FuN4u$@1L
    2) Not sure how many people know this already but you sub password can be longer than 4 characters. Try and extend that out.
    3) Don’t give out your account information to anyone that does not need it. (meaning no one other than yourself really)
    4) Verify the URL (Web address) of cabal websites to make sure that it is really cabal.com or another cabal site that is trusted.
    5) Do frequent deep scans of your computer to make sure that there is nothing bad hanging around collecting your information. Also remember do to File checks in cabal to restore any broken files.
    6) Ight so this is the cool one that I just figured out how to set up. Something that has been noticed with the recent hacking is that someone is gaining access to the user (hackie’s) e-mail account. Re check your E-mail security. Some e-mails have been confirmed that this option is there such as Google, and Yahoo. Not sure about other e-mail providers atm. However, there is a feature that allows you to enable that tie your cellphone to your e-mail account. It creates a 2 factor authentication to allow access to your e-mail. For those who don’t know there are 3 kinds of factors of authentication. Something you 1) Know, 2) Have, 3) Are – So in this case, it’s something you know (Your password to your account) and something you Have (The random code that is sent to your cellphone) This code is sent to your cellphone whenever someone is trying to get access to your e-mail account from an destination that is not like your main source. (Meaning if you live in California, and someone from Utah tries to log in it will flag that)

This is not the best guide I know, however I would really like people to pay attention to point #6. I really believe that if enable this feature that it will help prevent someone from gaining access to your account. Even if someone got access to your account they would not be able to reset your sub-password because they would not be granted access to your account without that text message.

*Note: In no way am I guaranteeing that your account will not be hacked. This is just some ideas to better protect yourself.

Biggest thing of all don’t be stupid use common sense when on the internet.

If you see anything that I can add or improve on to make this thread more effective please private message me or comment below and I will make updates

LafobRazz Venus Killer Out!!!

*Removed by GM. Please reduce the size of the image*

Quote Originally Posted by LaRazz View Post
    LaRazz’s Guild to Making a Secure Cabal Account.

guide*

o_o

btw this is general stuff; however if the person has access to the pw/ID from a database or other exploit in the client itself, resetting the sub-pw wouldn't be necessary. Majority of the people whos accounts were compromised probably never had the email compromised, considering they don't all share the same pw. Its good general stuff though.
    Last edited by sn0wXz; 02-08-2012 at 01:51 PM.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    guide*

o_o

btw this is general stuff; however if the person has access to the pw/ID from a database or other exploit in the client itself, resetting the sub-pw wouldn't be necessary. Majority of the people whos accounts were compromised probably never had the email compromised, considering they don't all share the same pw. Its good general stuff though.
    Aw crum, idk why I always fat finger guide and guild. haha,

Yea I see what your saying. Its all about just being aware of what steps you can do to prevent, best thing I could come up with. I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s seeing a bunch of good people, friends and others getting hacked.

As for an exploit in the servers. The more I see what these hackers are able to do the more I wonder just how much power they have on cabal. I just hope that what ever exploit there is other there that it can be fixed soon.

*Removed by GM. Please reduce the size of the image*

hackers too stronk. nerf plz

Osmium
    Protip of the day: Don't use the email that is linked to your Cabal acct to buy alz and gear.
    ~quit~

dont create a forum account and game account with same log in info XD

Quote Originally Posted by [GM] Lorkan View Post
    Your ability to post is NOT a right, it's a privilege.

Don't create a game account in general xD
    It's the simple things in life xD

nice great job for doing it alone

passwords arent case sensitive anymore =\