Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: something from OGP days

Shadow Titanium

something from OGP days

just an old time thing from OGP days that would be helpful again in my opinion

Bring back the GA system. There has been more and more bots lately and when there were GA's around their numbers were low. I've seen a couple bots in PI for crying out loud. Now with saying that i can probably promise myself someone will ask why i dont report them. Why bother sending in a ticket with a little screenshot of someone attacking mobs in PI not using aoe. That wont do anygood for being able to confirm the bot. What you need is a SS of them inside a wall or all the mobs around them being hit at once. I'm almost positive one of our GM's would be happy to take the position of leading the GA's and banning the bots that they report to them. I know some people did not like the GA idea of but personally think it worked out well.

oh and fix the alz drops..... tired of this nasty 4xx alz drops from pi who cares if it helps alz bots get more alz they already have 20b+ stored for their sites ready to sell...

Forcium
    ga system = corrupt.

no, bring back dh

Shadow Titanium
    GA system seemed ok to me when it was around, i even knew 2 of the GA's for a long time

Forcium
    oh yeah? did you know divine got 17 amp forc gloves and lute got a 7 amp 20dmg forc orb?

Osmium
    The only reason GAs were motivated to find bots was because GMs gave them freebs. It's a broken system and there is no reason that it should be implemented again.
    ~quit~

This ain't EU. People in the US are too immature to be able to do it without the need of some sort of "motivation."

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

He was probably referring to Gough, and Starla, who did plenty of bot patrolling with no game-breaking items. The GA/Watchers got approx 1 point for a report of like 15-20 bots, and even though I don't recall the exact figures, it would take a good week or two of reporting to earn 30 days prem, Also we were not allowed to buy anything we wanted, they only allowed certain services like prem, I'm almost positive it excluded the cash shop costumes that were rotated for cash paying customers.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Quote Originally Posted by sn0wXz View Post
    He was probably referring to Gough, and Starla, who did plenty of bot patrolling with no game-breaking items. The GA/Watchers got approx 1 point for a report of like 15-20 bots, and even though I don't recall the exact figures, it would take a good week or two of reporting to earn 30 days prem, Also we were not allowed to buy anything we wanted, they only allowed certain services like prem, I'm almost positive it excluded the cash shop costumes that were rotated for cash paying customers.
    For the most part yes. I'm good friends with someone who used to be one, who only used her points for costumes, nothing else. She once told me a semi-list of alot of what they could get, but there was no gears involved, that was corrupt GM actions.

This page has had 35,723 visits (Retired)
    My FB Guide
    Contact me for anything for the wiki: [email protected]

Really, well I always spent mine on 30 days bb, I don't know if GAs were allowed diff awards then watchers, but it was enough work for 30 day bb for me, I didn't want to spend all day video taping bots, converting, uploading and then reporting in format, usually I would just take a few hours outta the days I was playing actively, sometimes passing up dungs or nw lol. Anyway, I agree that it was actions of corrupt GM that tainted the system, however 99% of the players claiming foul would have accepted the gear just the same from an OGP GM, I really don't care what they say, Lmao.

On another note, a more legitimate reason we don't need GAs is the fact bot levels are extremely low - Cabal rider does not support EST hosted versions at all (assuming some legal implications), they only service versions hosted by 3rd party publishers, and the Alz selling sites in general use emulators, which are just client-less bots that don't actually need the game installed or at-least executing, they just send packets and accept them like a player would.

In the small time I was watcher, I reported few hundred bots I'm sure, and at most i got 2-3 maybe 4 bbs before it was closed down. Nobody had a clue what the GM did with any drops besides the people that received them.
    wa (unbanned) ||| other wa (r.i.p)
    Bot Mutiny?! ||| wiz (r.i.p.)
    noob WI (r.i.p.) ||| Yuan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast