Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BM3 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by XxDidkoxX View Post
    So ya need 40 Q capsules for bm3?
    getting the dam quest capsules would be a pain in the elbow
    次の舞・白漣, Tsugi No Mai , ~Jay ~ Jayc ~ Jet Plane ~

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    I completely disagree with you

A freestyle pvp is exactly the same as a standing pvp between 2 equally skilled players, and if one of them is more skilled than the other, than talking about stats is completely irrelevant, so you might as well not bring freestyle pvp into the discussion at all. Unless you're an FB of course.

I have no idea who told you dps doesn't matter and only damage per hit matters, but:

Generally in a pvp you do lances > big skill as finisher.

FA has a massive advantage on wiz, for the fact that FA lances hit higher than WI lances do, and lances are the same cast time in combo for FA and WI. FA's completer skill also does more damage per hit than edc/sc/meteor. What a lot of people don't know is that FA's big skills are very low dps compared to wiz's big skills, but because our completer is more damage per hit than edc/sc/meteor, it functions far better as a finisher.

So even if you're going to say only damage per hit matters, FA wins on lances. And FA wins on finisher skill. And even still, FA wins on DPS, because lances are all the same cast time in combo. And if FA hits higher, then their damage as a function of time will be higher than WI.

And if you're going to say defense and hp isn't significant, I'll disagree with you on that too, but even if you say it's not significant, then lets assume you're right. An FA and WI can tank exactly the same amount.

So given this scenario where an FA is given 5 seconds to hit the wiz, they will do 4 lances + completer skill

a WI will also do 4 lances + completer skill

We've already established that FA hits higher lances. And FA completer hits higher than any of wiz's 3 big skills. In that 5 second time frame, FA puts out more damage on the same defense. It doesn't matter if you make it 5 seconds or 60 seconds.

FA has always meant to be a pvp class. All our skills are completely oriented to pvp, more-so against WI than anything because other classes can outtank/outlast an FA, while WI has the disadvantage on both tanking AND damage output. WI has been meant to be "tank" only via the use of SI. This is also why we have eagle eye and thrusting arrow, which are arguably useless in most cases in pve.

WI has always been oriented to pve. That's why their bm2 is better than FA's bm2. That's why they have more aoe than FA skills do.

And considering FA outdamages and outtanks WI, I think saying that heal is the only thing FA are good for is pretty ignorant. It seems like now you're just trying to insult a class you don't like without any real facts.

If you want to make the argument that FA is a weak class, you could do that as long as you provide real facts; after playing FA for a while I probably can give a massive list of reasons why FA sucks but it sure won't consist of ignorant statements like "FA is only good for healing/wiz will ALWAYS have more damage than FA."

tl;dr version

Your post is really just your own biased opinion. I've tried to keep bias's out of my post; FA does have an advantage over WI in pvp due to the nature of our skills, look at the numbers on the skills and you can see that. The reasons I've provided explaining why that is true, are facts, and can't be proven wrong, because that is the nature of a fact.
    sorry but even tho fa skills give more amp and attack stats,wiz will always do more dmg,and overall i say wiz is better cuz of their mobility,they have more usefull buffs for freestyle,when it comes to dungeons wiz is better no point on talking about pve wise,and at war ppl normally run more from a wiz than from fa,The skill cast may not be faster but they deal a huge amount of damage. In nation war they have more purpose than FA. Since they uhm basically move/scout everywhere and have the potential to destroy whoever comes in their (im talking about a fully built/geared wiz here). If you combine that mobility they get from blink, with those amp/mana pots, going all out with trans buff it is just better to run away or let them kill u so u can relogg faster and start away from them.why do u think when they created cabal they didnt add attack buff on wiz?theres gotta be a balance on this game.
    i never said fa was a weak class,but every1 knows the top magic class on this game is wiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    A radical suggestion. You really have to motivate people to either start (or keep) playing this game.
    ^ for ESTsoft

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Syth View Post
    sorry but even tho fa skills give more amp and attack stats,wiz will always do more dmg,and overall i say wiz is better cuz of their mobility,they have more usefull buffs for freestyle,when it comes to dungeons wiz is better no point on talking about pve wise,and at war ppl normally run more from a wiz than from fa,The skill cast may not be faster but they deal a huge amount of damage. In nation war they have more purpose than FA. Since they uhm basically move/scout everywhere and have the potential to destroy whoever comes in their (im talking about a fully built/geared wiz here). If you combine that mobility they get from blink, with those amp/mana pots, going all out with trans buff it is just better to run away or let them kill u so u can relogg faster and start away from them.why do u think when they created cabal they didnt add attack buff on wiz?theres gotta be a balance on this game.
    i never said fa was a weak class,but every1 knows the top magic class on this game is wiz.
    How much damage somebody puts out is not an opinion. It is a fact, that can be measured by numbers. And in combo FA puts out far more damage than WI. WI only puts out more in bm.

In war, if you are going to talk about buff pots and transcender buffs, frankly you aren't helping your case at all. Give an FA and a WI equal buff pots and the FA will benefit more. Put MC pots on, that m.attack is amplified more on an FA because the skills give more amp than WI skills. Put on amp pots, that benefits FA more because we'll multiply that by higher crit dmg from Aos. And amp pots make a bigger difference for FA bm2 than WI bm2. By your concept of "fully geared" and all out with "buff pots and trans buff," you are only helping FA more. FA gain more from those than WI do.

Like I said, in freestyle pvp there is no comparison between FA and WI because it's the same as a standing pvp. If anything, FA has the advantage because they get an extra hit in because of an extra 2 range. A wiz cannot cast that first 1 lance on an FA without taking 2 lances in return.

As for buffs for freestyle... SI is a party buff, that an FA can use. I would not count that as a freestyle pvp buff, just as I would not count OB as a freestyle pvp buff. As far as pvp buffs go, FA has eagle eye and thrusting arrow, which are both purely pvp buffs. On top of that we have unroot, which is 100% pure pvp buff. The 6 classes were designed with FA being a pvp-oriented class. FB/FS/FA (the force classes, that gain rate) were meant to be pvp classes, and WA/WI/BL (the high base classes, with no added rate) were meant to be pve classes (although WA have become op in both).

In war, each class has a different role. Yes wiz has more mobility, and FA has more range+knockback buff. Both of those are meant to be compensations for their lack of ability to tank. You cannot say WI is better in war, just like you cannot say FA is better in war, because how useful you are in war is not necessarily correlated to how much damage you put out in combo. I have never claimed FA to be better in war than WI, because I think both are equally useful in war.
    Last edited by Cathy; 03-07-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    How much damage somebody puts out is not an opinion. It is a fact, that can be measured by numbers. And in combo FA puts out far more damage than WI. WI only puts out more in bm.

In war, if you are going to talk about buff pots and transcender buffs, frankly you aren't helping your case at all. Give an FA and a WI equal buff pots and the FA will benefit more. Put MC pots on, that m.attack is amplified more on an FA because the skills give more amp than WI skills. Put on amp pots, that benefits FA more because we'll multiply that by higher crit dmg from Aos. And amp pots make a bigger difference for FA bm2 than WI bm2. By your concept of "fully geared" and all out with "buff pots and trans buff," you are only helping FA more. FA gain more from those than WI do.

Like I said, in freestyle pvp there is no comparison between FA and WI because it's the same as a standing pvp. If anything, FA has the advantage because they get an extra hit in because of an extra 2 range. A wiz cannot cast that first 1 lance on an FA without taking 2 lances in return.

As for buffs for freestyle... SI is a party buff, that an FA can use. I would not count that as a freestyle pvp buff, just as I would not count OB as a freestyle pvp buff. As far as pvp buffs go, FA has eagle eye and thrusting arrow, which are both purely pvp buffs. On top of that we have unroot, which is 100% pure pvp buff. The 6 classes were designed with FA being a pvp-oriented class. FB/FS/FA (the force classes, that gain rate) were meant to be pvp classes, and WA/WI/BL (the high base classes, with no added rate) were meant to be pve classes (although WA have become op in both).

In war, each class has a different role. Yes wiz has more mobility, and FA has more range+knockback buff. Both of those are meant to be compensations for their lack of ability to tank. You cannot say WI is better in war, just like you cannot say FA is better in war, because how useful you are in war is not necessarily correlated to how much damage you put out in combo. I have never claimed FA to be better in war than WI, because I think both are equally useful in war.

I couldnt agree with you more. i do disagree im soem places tho, but the amp/ mc pots WOULD benefit FA's most. I also read in this thread someone saying WI have more def then FA......are you high?.

Here are cabal basics for you

Defense wise Battle>Martial.

Get ur char out of the T4 and below wars please. at lower levels wi USED to have the advantage but that gap is being filled.

I'm actually 180 o.o

~Contra Mundi~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    I couldnt agree with you more. i do disagree im soem places tho, but the amp/ mc pots WOULD benefit FA's most. I also read in this thread someone saying WI have more def then FA......are you high?.

Here are cabal basics for you

Defense wise Battle>Martial.

Get ur char out of the T4 and below wars please. at lower levels wi USED to have the advantage but that gap is being filled.
    If you have some insight on the positives of wiz to share, I'm more than open to hear it! I'm always willing to hear something I haven't heard before. learning

Osmium
    Hi I'm a wiz. I don't get free rate from my bow, don't have shadow shot or crit shot, have weaker lances, and have worse finishers and shorts, but my out of bm dps is better than fa's.
    ~quit~

idk let me check patch notes

CrafterRetired

we need 31 quest capsule for bm3

CrafterRetired

Shadow Titanium
    The thing that iam worried about when bm3 come is that combo damage will be nerf for every class. Those skill that now is the main dps for tank class like IP, FK, those 4 range skills will hit like a joke after the update. Lances will be affected greatly too, if you do 2k lance crit on people now that mean you will do 1k5 crit or less after update in general and remember that hpx7 after update, FS hp will be 42k+ and wa is 45k with 1k5 crit damage how can you kill them. Most of the bm2 will be completely useless in term of damage especially FA and BL bm2(unless you use bm2 to just tank). War will be all about BM3 after update, if you dont have bm3 ready, you should just hit guard.

yep

CrafterRetired

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast