Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: BM3 Discussion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by providen1990 View Post
    The thing that iam worried about when bm3 come is that combo damage will be nerf for every class. Those skill that now is the main dps for tank class like IP, FK, those 4 range skills will hit like a joke after the update. Lances will be affected greatly too, if you do 2k lance crit on people now that mean you will do 1k5 crit or less after update in general and remember that hpx7 after update, FS hp will be 42k+ and wa is 45k with 1k5 crit damage how can you kill them. Most of the bm2 will be completely useless in term of damage especially FA and BL bm2(unless you use bm2 to just tank). War will be all about BM3 after update, if you dont have bm3 ready, you should just hit guard.
    http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.ph...UP-ANOTHER-ONE.

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy View Post
    How much damage somebody puts out is not an opinion. It is a fact, that can be measured by numbers. And in combo FA puts out far more damage than WI. WI only puts out more in bm.
    With equal gear, even with the extra crit ring or ros10 that a FA can use over wiz, the wiz will hit harder on the equivalent lance, not sure how you're doing your math. If both classes are using stats for focri gear, even after buffs, wiz has like 70ish more m.atk than FA at 180. FA will hit harder with a level 20 sonic or shooting star than the wiz 3 big skills at 20, but that's it (not counting edcs hp down).
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chainlock View Post
    With equal gear, even with the extra crit ring or ros10 that a FA can use over wiz, the wiz will hit harder on the equivalent lance, not sure how you're doing your math. If both classes are using stats for focri gear, even after buffs, wiz has like 70ish more m.atk than FA at 180. FA will hit harder with a level 20 sonic or shooting star than the wiz 3 big skills at 20, but that's it (not counting edcs hp down).
    FA tera lance has 95 amp and 119 add attack.

And while tera lance is wiz's top dps skill, FA has 2 other skills on par with it. so while fire lance is wiz's 2nd best, its FA's 4th.

And if you're talking about 100% equal gear, then you must count the fact that FA has 11-12 rate/m.attack over wiz from astral bow.
    Last edited by Cathy; 03-07-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    ok so without bm3 just sit and rest....

RedOsmium
    FA tera lance has 95 amp and 119 add attack.

And while tera lance is wiz's top dps skill, FA has 2 other skills on par with it. so while fire lance is wiz's 2nd best, its FA's 4th.

And if you're talking about 100% equal gear, then you must count the fact that FA has 11-12 rate/m.attack over wiz from astral bow.
    I did count for that and gave the FA in my tests an extra RoS10.

The higher defense gets the worse it gets for FA, they lose the power of crit shot. FA shadow shot compares to wiz terra lance. FA terra lance compares to wiz fire lance. It just goes on like that, in war crit shot becomes almost useless because of how high defense gets.

Crit shot damage really starts to dimish after someone hits 1.1k defense, which isn't that uncommon in the high levels.
    Last edited by chainlock; 03-07-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Banned
    I did count for that and gave the FA in my tests an extra RoS10.

The higher defense gets the worse it gets for FA, they lose the power of crit shot. FA shadow shot compares to wiz terra lance. FA terra lance compares to wiz fire lance. It just goes on like that, in war crit shot becomes almost useless because of how high defense gets.

Crit shot damage really starts to dimish after someone hits 1.1k defense, which isn't that uncommon in the high levels.
    So you're gonna try and say 10 amp + 24 m.attack on lance is weaker than 70 m.attack from int? lol okay.

RedOsmium
    So you're gonna try and say 10 amp + 24 m.attack on lance is weaker than 70 m.attack from int? lol okay.
    Not trying to say anything, do the math. With equal gear, even giving FA 1 extra ring, the wiz does more.

Seeing as I also have both classes in game and they used to share gear before I bind stuff.... yeah easy to know.

Osmium
    Not trying to say anything, do the math. With equal gear, even giving FA 1 extra ring, the wiz does more.
    If you're going to assume that a good wizard has 70 more magic than an fa then yes. But fortunately for this argument's sake, a good fa and wiz would never use the same gear. An endgame NA wizard does not have the potential to max his rate while maintaining that high magic.

Seeing as I also have both classes in game and they used to share gear before I bind stuff.... yeah easy to know.
    There is a common misconception that wizards have better combo dps potential than fa's do and this quote serves to explain why. End game wizards do not use the same gear as fa's do. Why? They have a rate penalty compared to fa's. This means that for your pure combo wiz to function at max dps you would need dual 7/40 orbs which obviously cannot be forcium and therefore have a lower magic total (thus reducing the magic gap). They could also use one 15/24 and a forcium orb, but at this point you should already realize that using a 15/24 is bad news. The fa doesn't need to use a 15/24 because he has his bow. He can use one 7/40 and a forcium orb and have well over 60 rate. If wants even more damage he can replace his rate orb with another forcium one which would lower his rate to around that of the wiz but keep his damage stats higher.

So for the speds out there, and I know there are a lot of you, wizards only seem better because there are more epically geared wiz than fas. Fa's have more potential, but there isn't any player in NA to look to as an example of this. That means you have to do math to realize that fa's have more combo dps, and people seem to be allergic to that these days.
    ~quit~

Banned
    The skill amp and attack bonus's can be seen in the lower right hand corners

WI with 70 m.attack over FA

FA with 10 crit dmg over WI

wow on whole thread people only talking bout wiz and fa bm3 no other ones

CrafterRetired

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast