Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to Cabal and I need help

Back to Cabal and I need help

Background

Hey guys, as some of you know about 2 years ago : I quit playing cabal. Gave all my gears to chaosomega (at the time FS Forcium +7 suit , +6 gaunlet + fully extended +9 SIG Metal boots ... and 2x +7 amp weps, 4x cr2 etc), mainly because he was very good with trades and helped me gear up. Despite his stingy trading habits (haha) , he is actually an honest person. When I asked if I could something so I could play my FS, he gave me his FA. He is playing league of legends. It has some decent items. But the problem is I have never played FA ... and I don't understand the dynamics / control.

Question 1 :

What is the difference of atk / def between a full osm battle set vs. forcium set ? Reason : I was wondering if having 3 extended hp slot on suit and boots with added m. attack competes vs forcium. The current orb / crystal I have are siggy and topaz. Both pc and at +15. So I can pour a fair amount of int if I go full osm battle.

What is the difference of defense and m atk between osm battle and forcium at +11 and +15

Question 2 :

What is a good critical rate ?

Question 3 :

Which attack and in what order / level gives the highest dps damage for fa

Question 4 :

How do you see FA and how do you use it ?

Question 5 :

Any good tips for NW ?

Question 6 :

Can you point to any good FA and their stats ?

Despite my experience with FB and FS I am a complete FA newbie. Help would be appreciated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by forumtwizzler View Post
    Background

Hey guys, as some of you know about 2 years ago : I quit playing cabal. Gave all my gears to chaosomega (at the time FS Forcium +7 suit , +6 gaunlet + fully extended +9 SIG Metal boots ... and 2x +7 amp weps, 4x cr2 etc), mainly because he was very good with trades and helped me gear up. Despite his stingy trading habits (haha) , he is actually an honest person. When I asked if I could something so I could play my FS, he gave me his FA. He is playing league of legends. It has some decent items. But the problem is I have never played FA ... and I don't understand the dynamics / control.

Question 1 :

What is the difference of atk / def between a full osm battle set vs. forcium set ? Reason : I was wondering if having 3 extended hp slot on suit and boots with added m. attack competes vs forcium. The current orb / crystal I have are siggy and topaz. Both pc and at +15. So I can pour a fair amount of int if I go full osm battle.

What is the difference of defense and m atk between osm battle and forcium at +11 and +15

Question 2 :

What is a good critical rate ?

Question 3 :

Which attack and in what order / level gives the highest dps damage for fa

Question 4 :

How do you see FA and how do you use it ?

Question 5 :

Any good tips for NW ?

Question 6 :

Can you point to any good FA and their stats ?

Despite my experience with FB and FS I am a complete FA newbie. Help would be appreciated.
    I'll try and help answer your questions, while keeping the update in mind, since we will get a pretty big update within the next month or so.

1. For specific numbers, I would reccomend you to look at Cabal Wiki, which shows the defense for each series of gear at each +

The m.attack difference that osm adds is less than 20, I would definitely aim for higher defense if possible because it is much easier to achieve high damage output compared to defense and hp, especially considering the very high damage we will get in bm3.

At +11, the difference between osm and forcium defense is about 60 per piece (112 vs 170-ish)
    At +15 the difference is about 70 per piece (130-ish vs 200-ish)

I personally prefer Sig, for the fact that +15 sig has more hp than +11 forci, it allows for slightly more int than forci, and it's not common to see forci above +11.

2. Assuming you have Merg Ring and Rol2 and K red, FA typically have 50 rate. 57 with 7/40 helm. The more max rate the better, since you will have 66 rate with 0 rate on gear and 4 crit dmg rings, when using Aura+Art of Sniping.

3. FA lances are all 1.05-1.1 cast time in combo. They are pretty similar in damage.

In order of DPS the best skills are: Crit shot > Tera lance > Shadow shot > Fire lance > Aqua lance (all lv.20, with a lv.20 completer and/or trans skill as a finisher). Those 5 skills can be looped infinitely in that order. Some people, including myself, also use Freezing lance, because it has 1 extra range; that should also be lv.20 if you choose to get it. Crit shot may or may not be more dps than tera lance depending on how high your crit dmg is, but no matter what your stats are they will usually be very similar. Personally I like completer as a finisher over transcender, and I keep my trans skill at a low level to use the stun often.

4. FA is the highest dps class in combo. It will also be one of the top dps classes in bm, once bm3 comes out. Make use of your high range and it's pretty fun.

5. The best way to war is to practice Generally, save your bm2 for when you are taking out a large guard/res tower/can stack targets. And make use of your range.

6. Some of the best FA's imo are Stompdown, DJLove, and CasseyRene. You can see DJ's and Cass's stats here:

http://www.virusgaming.net/cabal_na/...c&more=Mercury

Aim for a good balance of high m.attack, amp, crit dmg for your combo. aim for high crit dmg for bm3. Regardless of gear, a 180 FA should have 1100+ m.attack, 55+amp (with all crit dmg on orbs, more amp if you have amp on your orbs), and your crit dmg as high as you can. Since you got that FA from ChaosOmega, I am pretty sure I know what your sig and topaz weapons are, they should be more than good enough to meet these stats

I hope this helps, although I'm sure some people will say my opinions aren't worth listening to ;p
    Last edited by Cathy; 02-27-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Like using a WI. People who have Wizards and pk or pvp will relate to FA control. There's just no blink and no heal but its similar. If youre used to withstand damage with your defense or enourmous hp, this class is a different story.

If you decide to play FA and stay that way. You will enhance your ability to become more aware of the hardships that goes on out there in pvp and pve. and You will adapt on this. I will assume that FA users are more careful players than other classes. In PvE the stunlock combo is not as good as wizards - FA have 2 AoE + stun skills and the radius are not as wide as wizard's skills. Imo its better than nothing and but again, you'll adapt on it through experience, you'll definitely need it if you plan to solo grind especially since youre osmium build.

Osmium build will require good control just like my whole "FA/WI compared to other classes" concept implies. Osmium have low defense but gain more magic attack than forcium. Having low defense or defense rate is not easy. but it is not impossible to live with it. Ive seen people do it. If you cant, then you wont last being a FA but If you can then you'll more likely turn to become a good player.

Q1:
    Defense difference of osmium to forcium is significant aswell as the magic attack difference of osm to forci. I cant provide approximates but i know its quite an amount. Just so you know or prolly know, there used to be plenty of people, me included, who saw this leap of defense but decrease of magic attack a big problem, more like, picture a osmium build using a +11 orb while forcium build uses +7 orb, thats how it seem like before to go from osmium to forcium. Now when you think about it, and see all these opponents with +15 gears you face daily in war or pvp, you will think that forcium would be nice.

Q2:

56%+ crit rate. For FA's who uses more cdi than amp, rate is very important.

Q3:

Dps skills range from 1.3 - 1.5, so a sequence of those . Crit shot, ShadowShot, lances, finishers (could be GD, Shooting Star, or Sonic Shooter at max level 20).

Q4:

I see the FA class as a supportive class. This applies to both aspects:
    PvE - buffs and Heal for allies/party. Solo grind can become quite difficult which is why I think its more of a support - it tend to do more good with parties
    PvP - dps'er from behind front line attackers. Its still supporting

All in all, FA is not a selfish class. well FA's can be selfish too. Weve seen dungeon and boss solo's being done (Yes! it could be done.) but not as efficient as other classes like wi or wa.

Q5:

Dont tank. Tanking is never an option in war for FA, it is a situation we put ourselves into which as result will often lead to death. Not even forcium FA's. Forcium builds just have more chances of surviving >.<
    Work along with the party so the bottom line, choose the right one and communicate with them effectively. Stay behind the front lines, become oblivious from your target/s while you dps or clear them.

Q6:

Cant answer that. I have my own choice of players, same with the others here, we all do have different players to look up to. I'd say the best way is to find that person yourself ingame by actually seeing not hearing/reading from.
    Last edited by MamaMiaYoe; 02-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

THEY said everything that needs to be said. but in case you haven't heard, fa's will have a the most dps in bm3 of all classes ( thus far) so i would not change the orbs u have since i belive they would be ideal for bm3 ( i am i wi tho so take what i say with a grain of salt)

here, ur daily jizz-material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhCdN...eature=channel

1 orb btw o.o

I'm actually 180 o.o

~Contra Mundi~

Thanks for the awesome feedback. Cathy, you are right about the weapons. But here is the sad part, once upon a time when there was no rol2 or merg ring I made a 15/24 battle helmet for my fs. Unfortunately it was such a waste ... I might consider selling the topaz.

Anyway, again Cathy & Miavii special thanks to you both. I am grateful. And Muramasa thanks for the tip. I will do some research on the new bm3. Bookmarking this page as a reference to learn.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 02-27-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Osmium
    rol2s existed when you played and you were just too much of a sped to realize that an fs with a 15/24 helm s.ucked.
    Last edited by xDromarx; 02-27-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    ~quit~

Oh hi.

You are right. There was ... only 3 in the server. Two people offered a price, a) Bumba some 4b b) Falling leaf's friend , can't remember his name ... who used to craft osm helm and slot ext low and got rich. He was an FS but later turned to be a WI.b) (can't believe I can't believe his name!) offered me a slot ext high , the 15/24 helm and a 2 slot forcium crystal +7 at the time plus an additional 500m. I sold the cry for a price of 4.5b, 5b combined plus all my gears, i got a 14% s amp crystal. I re-traded that to get a forcium s.amp gaunlet and forcium s.amp suit, a +7 s amp blade a +7 samp cystal. Somewhere between my trade it included a 2 slot crystal and kat / blade - I can't remember, 2 slot was rare at the time.

So overall you can say I got a forcium gaunlet s.amp, forcium suit s.amp, +7 samp blade and +7 samp crystal, a SEH, a 15/24 helm ... for an rol2 -_-; and rest of my dungeons etc ... got me enough alz to get my SIG Metal 180 hp boot 7% amp +9 at the time.

Some of us actually play legit instead of offering chaosomega money lol ... i heard the story. he won't sell them to you, and you were wondering ... why ? He saved the gears for me and gave it for FREE because he knew some day I would be back. Feel free to troll a bit more. Hope you have a great day !
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 02-28-2012 at 07:06 AM.

well...a 15/24 wouldnt be to bad if it isnt bound ( bound to fb/fa) since u can use it on an fa..its over kill on rate but considering resit titles and stuff ppl hhave atm ( romp with a 21 res rate rw3 i think) it wouldnt hurt o.o im just a nub tho

I'm actually 180 o.o

~Contra Mundi~

Yes MuraMusa you are right. The long term goal will be simply to replace the 4 rings with ros+10, for now cr2. But here is my argument, I have 3% max rate on pet, 2% max from amu, 3% max from rune = 8%.

So max crit rate for me is 58% w/o compromising damage.
    15 (helmet) + 15 (15/24 topaz) + 11 (FA) + 5 (base) + 7 (7/40 siggy orb) + 3 (board) = 56%

And because both the topaz and helmet are extended I get an additional 8% cd.

And during aura / aos just switch between a 36% cd helm. That will work. My only problem is managing my 3 other gears, boot glove and suit ... I don't have alz and no magic solution to this problem , as miavi and cathy pointed out the importance of the role of an FA and why it would be needed. I was hoping for a cheap build like a 180 hp 7% osm extended suit and boot ... and get may be like a osm glove ...saves me some atk and full set gives me like 5 def ...

but only 20 m atk and 360 hp vs. 180 def as cathy pointed out (210 at +15) is a lot of difference. The defense also helps in pve. Siggy as miavii says she prefers, I think is the better option but again - I have no alz.

So I don't know ... if I go that route ... the only good solution i can think of is maybe save some alz in the long run and substitute the money to get 4x ros 10 ... aop6 ... may be even eos8.

But w/o doubt forcium / siggy set is way better. I might do this simply because I want to enjoy the game a bit faster ... 3 x forcium piece can go up to 12 b. I don't have that kind of alz.
    Last edited by forumtwizzler; 02-28-2012 at 07:39 AM.

i did not prefer siggy, it was cathy >.<
    you have to farm if you want to get those stuffs. get on a guild that has a good dungeon drop system and patience. xD gl on ur goals for ur fa
    In another dimension...Miavii is still alive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4vL17sEEU&edit=vd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast